Just got my stuff yesterday!!

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mystic_chick

Just got my stuff yesterday!!

Post by mystic_chick » Sat May 05, 2007 12:03 pm

But I am sooo confused!

I ordered two books - How Psychic Are You? by Julie Soskin and You Are Psychic by Debra Lynne Katz

I don't know where to start?

Should I just read one book through and then start on the other one?

The one by Julie Soskin I was skimming through and there was so many exercises on auras,chakras,using sound to heal etc.  :smt017

Just need some help getting started.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat May 05, 2007 12:17 pm

In my opinion can it be a idea to read it true first..or I do a "speed reading"..this way my brain get information and start working on it.

At the time I start on the first chapter again I  tend to understand it better, and at the same time make myself better time since I have seen what is ahead :)

But all comes up to personal preferences :)

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat May 05, 2007 12:47 pm

Now isn't that funny, I always start looking at a book from the back lol..

If you went for the "You are psychic" first then you would have an interesting perspective on the second book, but on the other hand, the other way round might be fun too, oh dear lol, what are you gonna choose?

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Sun May 06, 2007 1:15 am

I say go with "You are psychic".  I have read them both and that would be a good one to start with.  It covers the clairvoyance side rather than much of the others so if your a very visual person this one would be the best choice.
It gives you exercises and goes into depth with grounding and protection and some of the other psychic books dont cover these essential parts enough.  It uses simple visual techniques such as visualising a tv screen or projector and a rose etc.  

It starts at the very basics and wont let you proceed unless you are covering the techniques and understanding them.
A very good choice!

chasensam

you are not alone

Post by chasensam » Thu May 10, 2007 3:05 am

I can say from personal experience, that I understand your confusion.  I also went out and have purchased several books on how to develop my inner gifts. I believe we even have the same book - How psychic are you?
(The one I have found very helpful is by Echo Bodine called The Gift - Understand and develop your psychic abilities.) But when I was first diving into all this I felt more lost than before I started.  But slowly I have taken just one step at a time, and only you will know what is right for you.  Good luck on your journey!! :smt006

Return to “Psychic”