Do you know your Spirit Guides or Angels?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

fallenangel

Post by fallenangel » Mon May 21, 2007 5:45 pm

Hi spiritalk!

I'm sorry but I can't quite understand. So I meditate, then, I give way, or acknowledge the presence of spirit guides, if I have them, then how do I set a symbol? What basis, or how will I know if I should use a flower, or what? Id love to know more about this contacting stuff :)

Flame haired one

Post by Flame haired one » Thu May 24, 2007 2:37 am

I am new here, so, I am trying not to interrupt the flow of the conversation.  But, I have a question, in regards to guides.  I was once told that I had 3 guides - 2 women and 1 man and that the person that saw them noted that their backs were to me/them.  can others view our guides?  If so, what is the 'meaning' of their backs to us?

Thank you.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu May 24, 2007 2:47 pm

Fallen Angel:  Our meditation include visualization and affirmations as we quiet the body and material mind, to access the spirit within.  I have a full write up on meditation in my blog and would recommend a read to see what I am getting at. Its hard to keep reinventing the wheel by repetition.

Flamed Hair One:  Guides are allowed to work with us when they have gained humility.  The best of them has gained this trait and do not connect with what was once their earth life and its accomplishment.  The less you see them in the face, the more they will be elevated.  When others see them it is usually because we can't leave well enough alone and want these descriptions.

I am reminded of the Silver Birch books (several different ones were published) and the fact that when the group who had a medium (Barbanell) channel him(them) wanted description, they came up with one.  Silver Birch has always maintained he is compilation of entities intent on bringing a spiritual message through the writings.

All psychic/mediumship work is about energy.  The more we attune (get familiar with and acknowledge) the energies of our own guidance that works just for and with us, the stronger the attunement will become in partnership.

Flame haired one

Post by Flame haired one » Thu May 24, 2007 4:40 pm

Spiritalk,

Thank you for your insight.  I just wondered, as I know little about our guides role(s) and thought that it was odd when I was told this.  

I guess I will have to work on my meditation/visualization ti do as you suggested.  

Thank you again.

hussam

Post by hussam » Fri May 25, 2007 7:34 am

Just suppose....you are attuning to spirit communion and a guide is coming to you with some much needed input on a  current situation.  At the same time, you are asking for sally when it is joe that is there?  While they don't get caught up in identity, this may preclude their work as the vibrations would not be right.  Just a thought to consider...

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri May 25, 2007 3:05 pm

Hussam:  Did you want to comment on that statement?  All information is always open to dialogue.

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Fri May 25, 2007 10:02 pm

Spiritalk, Hussam has been in most of the psychic posts and seems to be just copying and posting others replies and I feel it may be to boost his reply numbers to receive software.  You will and others will see them among other psychic posts your own replies doubling up with his name attached also.  I think I may come along and delete them shortly...

jeng

Post by jeng » Sun May 27, 2007 1:36 am

Are others able to pick up on my spirit guides?  I am in no way psychic, but once sensed one of my spirit guides was a male named Martin....  Anyone pick up on this?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun May 27, 2007 1:35 pm

Contacting spirit entities (guides, loved ones, relatives, etc.) is mediumship.  Yes, it is possible.  On the other hand, we do not call up the dead.  We bring to the client those that come.  It is not our way to have the client dictate the entity they wish to speak to.

nnt

Post by nnt » Tue May 29, 2007 4:22 am

Hey people...thanks for helping...specially Spirittalk...

By the way I will try to meditate and follow the steps you people have suggested and I will update you all on that..here.

Sommerstars8o8

Post by Sommerstars8o8 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:21 am

wow this is  very interesting  

Could a sprite guide can also  be an animal?

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:33 am

Sommerstars8o8 wrote:wow this is  very interesting  

Hi Sommerstars, welcome to Mystic Board :)

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I find that I have a lot of animal spirit guides. Not my totems, which to me represent the qualities and lessons of the entire species of animal but an individual, a unique animal that I can recognise from all the rest and one that visits me. Perhaps it is because a lot of my work is with animals and their owners? Who knows, but for me the answer is definately yes.

Many spiritual people think that we see our guides as we want to, they use 'costumes' and portray themselves as trustworthy figures of respect that we feel comfortable with. Perhaps this is why so many see Cleopatra, or Sitting Bull or a wise brave or shaman type figure?
o perhaps I see animals because I feel at peace with them? Who knows.

Do you have a particular animal in mind?

Sommerstars8o8

Post by Sommerstars8o8 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:01 pm

Gem wrote:
Sommerstars8o8 wrote:wow this is  very interesting  

Hi Sommerstars, welcome to Mystic Board :)

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I find that I have a lot of animal spirit guides. Not my totems, which to me represent the qualities and lessons of the entire species of animal but an individual, a unique animal that I can recognise from all the rest and one that visits me. Perhaps it is because a lot of my work is with animals and their owners? Who knows, but for me the answer is definately yes.

Many spiritual people think that we see our guides as we want to, they use 'costumes' and portray themselves as trustworthy figures of respect that we feel comfortable with. Perhaps this is why so many see Cleopatra, or Sitting Bull or a wise brave or shaman type figure?
o perhaps I see animals because I feel at peace with them? Who knows.

Do you have a particular animal in mind?
ah thank you very much ,  yes i do have couple of animal  an Owl and  a Blue Shark ;  Growing up with a tradition hawaiian family my grandmother    told me the owl and the blue shark are my  amakua (sprite guide in hawaiian )  and they will help , protect and guide me   .  

You know what its  true because  when i was 12 years old i almost drown and a 4 foot blue shark  help me swim to the shore safety  ,   As for the owl  this happen a year ago my brother  he was driving very fast it was very dark   i told him to slow down  but he didnt listen to me , then out of nowhere  an huge White Owl landed on my brother hood  as he  step on the brake  the bird flew alway; me and my brother  step out of the car and saw  a huge pot hole where we was about to make a steep turn  .
I scream "THANK YOU  GOD "

You could say the Blue Shark and The White Owl save my life .
Last edited by Sommerstars8o8 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:22 pm

What interesting stories, thanks for sharing.  They definately sound like they saved you :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:44 pm

Spirit guides have walked the earth life before us and they can relate to the experiences and challenges that we face.  In this respect, animals would not have the same background.  

And the fact is...they can guide us to a certain path, they can not direct and tell us, just show us what is available.  I personally find that my guide brings choices so that we can decide what picture best fits our goals.

Just another opinion....

Return to “Psychic”