developing psychic ability

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Georgie

developing psychic ability

Post by Georgie » Mon May 21, 2007 1:00 am

I have always had psychic flashes, ESP has tickled at my mind through the years. Recently it has been astounding. I have had a dream and lo and behold the following day the circumstances have been the reality. I would love to be able to hone this ability, to control it somewhat and know how to interpret this foreknowledge. Is it something I can develop or is what I get what I'll ever get?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon May 21, 2007 4:55 am

Possibly some of the best advice I can offer you is to REGULARLY meditate or at least relax and allow your mind to become clear by itself (DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FORCE IT TO) up to an absolute maximum of 30 minutes a day (start at 5 minutes and very gradually work upwards over several months), keep a regular and carefully dated psychic diary or journal where you can quickly jot down any passing thoughts or feelings, visions or hunches you may have while you are awake, as well as also recording the contents of your dreams before you first step out of bed each morning.

Read as much as you can about ESP and people with psychic abilities that you would yourself like to develop, and find a local development circle or group under the supervision of a knowledgeable and understanding person where you can share your psychic experiences with each other and in time with continued practice sort out which are genuine, and which are on the other hand wishful thinking or simply your own imagination working overtime.

When a prediction of your's does come true or a hunch turns out to be accurate, give yourself a good mental pat on the back as an instant reward, and try to determine from your journal if you felt any different at these times, compared to any other. The general principle is that over time you will learn to recognise the often subtle differences between a genuine psychic impression, and what is only unfortunately pure fantasy.

Namaste,

EOT   Image

fallenangel

Post by fallenangel » Mon May 21, 2007 5:46 pm

Eye of tiger, may I just ask if stressed people don't get psychic abilities, since you have mentioned that you need to relax to develop your psychic abilities?

I'm a highly stressed person, but I somehow find it surprising that I could read the tarot for people. Now, it got me in doubts if I have psychic ability or not :(

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue May 22, 2007 3:56 am

While it is often easier to develop your psychic abilities by first consciously relaxing, people under a great degree of emotional stress are often as psychic as anyone else potentially is. Psychics are nothing special as we ALL I believe possess the entire range of these abilities, although some are already much more well developed in one person than the next.

These are natural abilities which are a direct consequence of being a spiritual being temporarily wearing a physical body. Our physical body which surrounds our spirit body has five major senses (attuned to the physical world) while our spirit body has corresponding ones to these and many more (attuned to non physical worlds).

Psychic simply means of the mind - NOTHING ELSE. It is our right or free will to decide whether or not we wish to develop or use these natural abilities to help others. In other words, nobody should be forced either way.

There have even been well documented cases of people who have never previously displayed psychic abilities suddenly developing them after having been subjected to significant amounts of stress as the result of serious accident (one well known Dutch psychic apparently only developed clairvoyant abilities after falling on his head off the top of a ladder).

Developing greatly enhanced psychic abilities after having recently had an NDE (Near Death Experience) is quite common. You could hardly I feel experience anything more stressful than almost dying! Image

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue May 22, 2007 2:27 pm

fallenangel wrote:Eye of tiger, may I just ask if stressed people don't get psychic abilities, since you have mentioned that you need to relax to develop your psychic abilities?

I'm a highly stressed person, but I somehow find it surprising that I could read the tarot for people. Now, it got me in doubts if I have psychic ability or not :(
Non psychics can easily read tarot accurately too, in fact most time the process of learning to read tarot actually opens up the mind to psychic possibilities as we work with our minds and intuition.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed May 23, 2007 2:27 am

Non psychics can easily read tarot accurately too

According to my own definition of the word "psychic), there are no non psychics. Non psychic would surely mean that the mind (on any level) is in no way involved. Everything which we perceive involves the mind to a certain extent?

There are I believe people who possess these natural abilities (rather than gifts) to a much greater degree than the rest of us, and it must always be the person's decision alone as to whether or not to use these abilities, and how. For many reasons I prefer to be regarded as giving intuitive readings, rather than psychic ones.

Tarot readings can simply be given mechanically (by the book) through referring to general meanings according to someone else, and this is perhaps a good place for the beginner to start, BUT ONLY UNTIL he or she can build up his or her own Tarot dictionary of meanings by holding each card in turn and reading the story they feel is behind it.

There is a real danger however that people can become so obsessed with the general meaning of a particular card that they may begin to believe that it will always have the same meaning in every reading, regardless of anything else.

Some people appear to enjoy comparing and endlessly arguing about what a particular card might mean, while I only see the Tarot as one of many alternative focussing tools for my own intuitive abilities (to which I believe you were referring in the last part of your posting).

I am personally much more interested in using the Tarot amongst other divination tools in order to help people where they are, than in attempting to convince someone else that my meaning for the King of Wands (just an example) is correct, while their's obviously is NOT.

Soap box away at least for the moment, :smt002  

EOT :smt020

fallenangel

Post by fallenangel » Wed May 23, 2007 3:48 am

Hi eye of tiger and Gem,

Thank you for your very insightful replies, that I have learned immensely from it.

I read the tarot, but I don't have a steady "fixed" meaning for every card. I just draw out a random card and say what I want, and the person would say that it was surprising that I knew.

I don't know, I'm a highly stressed person with no time to meditate but I feel that I want to develop my psychic abilities. I've always been in tuned with my mystical side.

Everyone's  psychic, as I was told, but not everyone knows they are! :)

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed May 23, 2007 12:57 pm

EOT, you obviously haven't looked at my Learn Tarot Classes <gg>? I agree with all you havew said. I am a maverick, a non-traditionalist. Whilst I can argue with the best the meaning of The Death Card, and the rights of reversals etc. The Classes I teach at Mystic Board are for 'Intuitive tarot reading' and listening and bonding with the cards on a personal level, no books, no remembering or learnign by rote, just pure instinct and intuition, reading from within, that way the readings (usually) are far more accurate.

Back to the psychic bit.. now what did I say.. lemme go look....

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed May 23, 2007 1:04 pm

Psychic simply means of the mind - NOTHING ELSE.
Non psychics can easily read tarot accurately too,
From Wikipedia Psychic, from the Greek psychikos meaning "mental, of the soul" (in turn derived from psyche meaning "soul, mind"), is a term used to describe phenomena or abilities that are said to originate from the brain but which transcend its confines.

The term Psychic is commonly used in reference to the paranormal in general, but is more accurately applied to phenomena which are said to involve Psi. [1] People who are said to possess psychic abilities are referred to as "psychics".

The word itself was coined by French astronomer Camille Flammarion (1842 – 1925). Edward William Cox has been credited with introducing it into the English language

To debate the meaning of psychic? hmmm.....  

Many people think of themselves as non psychic, and for many of these many it is purely a matter of lack of confidence or lack of ego. Their personality might be humble and meek and introspectic and introverted, to proclaim oneself as a 'psychic' takes guts and confidence and ego? And many would-be tarot readers learn that confidence when they learn tarot and then realise and go on to learn and explore more and to seek the truths :) But yes, they were 'psychic' all along too?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu May 24, 2007 2:39 pm

"I don't know, I'm a highly stressed person with no time to meditate but I feel that I want to develop my psychic abilities. I've always been in tuned with my mystical side."

While I am not opening up the debate on what is psychic, I recently read somewhere that it has been discovered we meditate all the time. &nbsp;Any time we are doing a mundane task (dusting, washing the dishes, housework, etc. comes to mind) our mind goes into alpha state...not consciously thinking...sort of what is called wool gathering. &nbsp;

Alpha is the state we go through on our journey into sleep. &nbsp;It is the first altered state in which psychic dreams occur (these are the ones where our loved ones come, prophecies are recorded, etc.)

The mind is a wondrous place! &nbsp;And it is the tool used for meditation (just as the tarot was described as the tool for psychic manifestations).

Just some thoughts....

fallenangel

Post by fallenangel » Thu May 24, 2007 3:42 pm

Spiritalk , what you said was so cool! Loved it! :) Interesting. So I can be "wasted" ( not in the alcoholic sense, but with frazzled nerves with work ), and still meditate. God, I dont have any time to meditate at this state! Life is hard :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat May 26, 2007 12:13 am

Meditation can help us find the calm we need to regroup our own energies. &nbsp;Do not expect too much of self or spirit contact until calm can be achieved.

Return to “Psychic”