Acquiring psychic ability through traumatic experiences

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:42 pm

Being empathic carries some real problems with the energies of life.  Learning to ground and protect at all times helps us to see what is our own energy to deal with and what belongs to others.  When we can see that, when we can feel that, we can go anywhere and do anything we choose.

I recently saw the Celestine Prophecies and have to say the idea of generating our own inner light was very empowering for me.  I believe we do it all the time.  I have always believed this idea.  

But it also showed how we recognize the people who come into our lives with agendas and try to manipulate or control us with their energy - sometimes even when they don't know they are doing it.  Empowerment of self is the key.

greenmerlin

Post by greenmerlin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:13 pm

I've found it the other way around. My psychic ability can feel traumatic!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Perhaps you need to educate yourself on what are your own innate psychic abilities and help to open and train them?  When we have a talent, we find a good teacher and then practice to hone our own talents.  Psychic abilities are no different.  

If you are feeling traumatized by psychic abilities it is a lack of understanding of self in the ability.  Relax into it and enjoy the abilities that appear.

Return to “Psychic”