No Luck Meeting My Guide

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Cascade of Light wrote:
sunmystic wrote: I feel that people who "want" to be mediums need to understand that there are alot of folks out there that are just not genetically inclined to be true mediums and that they personally might be one of those people. :)

love,

sunmystic
I was going to say that many psychics do not believe in life after death or spirits... but when I reread your post you said 'wannabe mediums', slightly different but I thought I would add my point anyway :)

Cassie
Cassie :) what you said works for me :)

There is alot of different versions/opinions? about what is real and what is not. And the "gift" is that we can all present our thoughts on what we think is real and what we think is not real and discuss these different thoughts about things on Mystic Board. This way interested others can explore possibilities and a variety of options :)

The internet is a gift when a publisher like Mystic Board allows and supervises we all being able to explore different concepts/ideas in a civilized way. Knowledge is shared and options are created. I love Mystic Board. They allow us all to visit about lots of different kinds of stuff. And interested others can explore these different kinds of stuff.

anyway Cassie, I agree with what you said. But then, that is just my opinion. :)

love,

sunmystic

johnswifey86

Post by johnswifey86 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:29 am

Ok back to spirit guides...I have been doing this for weeks but more like 3. I don't have all the time in the world so I dont get to sit down and meditate every day. So maybe thats my problem. But I have asked for a name and got nothing. But I only asked in one meditation session. I have however read at least 5 books that have spirit guide meditation exercises in them, and they are all pretty much the same. And alot of what they say in these books coencideds w/ things Spiritalk has written to me. So I def. thank and appreciate Spiritalk for the advice, cuz I feel its good. Also no I don't plan on making a living out of being a psychic medium, and I don't know what a "curiosity" medium is. But I intend on doing this by myself...and I have ran into sum dangerous stuff before so I can pretty much hold my own, and so far nothing bad has happened. But like I said I haven't been doing this long...so of course i'm sure its not rocket science but I am NEW to this whole thing so thats why I am asking for help.
But I do thank everyone for giving me advice, I really appreciate it.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:29 pm

Actually we never left the topic of spirit guides, the discussion took a turn on whether or not everyone could be a medium, psychic, or even if we all have a spirit guide so it is all rather relevant.
Sunmystic made the point that not everyone could be a medium no matter how much they wanted it. Also that most mediums are born that way and not made. Which I also agree with. There are parts of the psyche we can develop but also other abilities we cannot improve on or create a connection to no matter how much we want it or  what we do.

Cassie

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:50 pm

I choose to call psychic and/or mediumship abilities a talent rather than a gift.  We tend to understand developing a talent, but a gift is given as is.  Also, as a talent, it may be stronger in some than others.  We are all predisposed to the senses (which is the beginning of all psychic sensitivities) it is merely whether or not we choose to work on or with them in our unfolding life.  

If we focus on material conditions, we will reap material rewards.  If we focus on spiritual conditions, we will reap spiritual rewards.  What you make of your life is totally up to you in its unfolding and development.

If you considered your spirit guide like a friend you might have here on earth, you would realize they are there with a higher perspective, but are not all seeing and all knowing.  Spirit guides are about having a message they would like as many people as possible to hear and acknowledge.  So spirit guides do come to working mediums in their efforts to enlighten either one person at a time or in groups.

I suggest we consider WHY we want psychic/mediumship abilities and what our plan is for their use in our life.  

God bless, J

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:08 pm

spiritalk wrote:I choose to call psychic and/or mediumship abilities a talent rather than a gift.  We tend to understand developing a talent, but a gift is given as is.  Also, as a talent, it may be stronger in some than others.  We are all predisposed to the senses (which is the beginning of all psychic sensitivities) it is merely whether or not we choose to work on or with them in our unfolding life.  

If we focus on material conditions, we will reap material rewards.  If we focus on spiritual conditions, we will reap spiritual rewards.  What you make of your life is totally up to you in its unfolding and development.

If you considered your spirit guide like a friend you might have here on earth, you would realize they are there with a higher perspective, but are not all seeing and all knowing.  Spirit guides are about having a message they would like as many people as possible to hear and acknowledge.  So spirit guides do come to working mediums in their efforts to enlighten either one person at a time or in groups.

I suggest we consider WHY we want psychic/mediumship abilities and what our plan is for their use in our life.  

God bless, J
Yes JW the question is, "Why?" Because the "spirit" that you end up getting is always based on the "Why." :) Yepper.

love,

sunmystic

johnswifey86

Post by johnswifey86 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:20 am

Ok...I see what you guys mean. Yes why would be a good question. And my answer to why would so I can help the living and the dead. In either being a psychic or medium...either way my desire for is to simply help others, and myself as well. I am not looking for fame or to even make money from wut abilities I have. The reason meeting my guide(s) is so important to me is I would like to meet and have a spiritual friend. The crazy thing is today I acctually got a name. No face or even a body....just a blob of golden light. But I did get a name. I am a huge beleiever in the theory of beleif. I don't care who is or is'nt born a medium if one believes he/she can be a medium then (in my belief) he/she will become just that. I keep my belief system very positive, I do beleive that even if i'm not born a medium then I will open up what abilities I have in becoming one. But again I try to keep it positive and have an open mind. I don't like to narrow down mediums or psychics to only people who are born w/ the ability...but thats just me : )

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:12 pm

The reasons for examining self are many, but most important is the spiritual aspect.  When we have service in mind, that is who we will draw to our guidance.  

I am so glad you have connected with your 'friend' in spirit.  Yes, they are the deepest of friends and helpers when we need them to aid our journey.  They can not live our lives of course, but they sure give it a whole new dynamic!

I have found that consistency and constancy in the approach to mediumship is important.  Same time, same place, same chair, etc. tends to help us meditate and find our own peace and gain our own guidance (spirit guide).  Keep up the meditation exercises to connect and learn from your spirit guide.

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:26 pm

johnswifey86 wrote:Ok...I see what you guys mean. Yes why would be a good question. And my answer to why would so I can help the living and the dead. In either being a psychic or medium...either way my desire for is to simply help others, and myself as well. I am not looking for fame or to even make money from wut abilities I have. The reason meeting my guide(s) is so important to me is I would like to meet and have a spiritual friend. The crazy thing is today I acctually got a name. No face or even a body....just a blob of golden light. But I did get a name. I am a huge beleiever in the theory of beleif. I don't care who is or is'nt born a medium if one believes he/she can be a medium then (in my belief) he/she will become just that. I keep my belief system very positive, I do beleive that even if i'm not born a medium then I will open up what abilities I have in becoming one. But again I try to keep it positive and have an open mind. I don't like to narrow down mediums or psychics to only people who are born w/ the ability...but thats just me : )
JW, I think that you are doing just fine :) I have lots of spirit friends and starting with a friend is a good place to start. And from there you will learn over time lots of cool interesting things.

love,

sunmystic

Return to “Psychic”