Free Will

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

soccer mom

Free Will

Post by soccer mom » Tue May 22, 2007 3:57 am

I had a reading with a wonderful psychic.  He told me lots of things both good and bad.  Where I get confused is this: how much is already decided, versus how much can free will change things?
And, if I was on the "right path" toward a future he saw (and I wanted), could I unintentionally have done something to get off course?
Things haven't been going very great lately - I'm losing my hope, and that was the main thing that I was clinging to.  Can a change in feeling alone distance me from my goal?
And, if feelings can't be "faked" how do I get back "on track"?

I've always belived that there is "more" than what we see and can prove, but I get confused when I try to think it through.
I don't think I have any psychic talents, but I am deeply respectful of those who do, and I would greatly appreciate any words of wisdom.

Thank you so much in advance for any guidance.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue May 22, 2007 6:00 pm

Using these tools of our own consciousness (visualization, meditation, affirmation) we are empowering self with awareness of spirituality as we open to psychic/mediumship skills, abilities, talents.  Each has a part to play.

Begin each day with a ritual of affirmation (this helps to take any thought patterns to the positive side) then a protective bubble of God's love and light (this helps to keep you positive throughout the day) that can be repeated at any and many times during a busy day.

Rhutobello

Re: Free Will

Post by Rhutobello » Tue May 22, 2007 7:15 pm

soccer mom wrote: Things haven't been going very great lately - I'm losing my hope, and that was the main thing that I was clinging to.  Can a change in feeling alone distance me from my goal?
And, if feelings can't be "faked" how do I get back "on track"?
I agree...we have a free will....and this will "destroy" the prediction for the future....if we our-self don't work to achieve the same goal.

A good reading can lead you on the path and be an inspiration...but it can never give you a solution on its own.

I know the feeling of loosing hope and go down in the "cellar"...it's a very dangerous feeling since it contain negativity and self pity.

I recommend that you always look for a positive approach  to your problem...and in last instance....always have in mind that there is millons out there who have it worse.

If you manage to keep a positive feeling....you attract positivity and that is what might change your situation....

Negativity can never build anything...only consume you.

Good luck.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Wed May 23, 2007 10:17 am

How do you know this psychic was wonderful? Doesn't seem like he got much right - nothing new there then.

soccer mom

Post by soccer mom » Thu May 24, 2007 3:07 am

He was a psychic/medium.  The "medium" messages - VERY on target - names, specific details.
Holding on to the positive - makes sense to hear, but sometimes such a challenge.
Thanks for your kind words!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu May 24, 2007 2:50 pm

We all have instincts....TRUST your own instincts!  When you are on target in your life, you KNOW it.  When you are off target - you KNOW that too.  

Any reading is only a small spotlight in time...when you are there...the future is open to many creative changes through your own creative thoughts.  Trust your own abilities not someone else who is not living it.

blackrose435

Post by blackrose435 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:08 pm

eeee
Last edited by blackrose435 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

methinks

Post by methinks » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:01 pm

This may or may not help but here goes.

I too have lately gone through a rough time where it allowed for deep introspection and questioning of my spiritual beliefs.

But in the end I have found that yes we do have free will but we are also destined. For example, say you want to go from Los Angeles to New York. You can fly, drive, take the bus, drive or even walk. You can go straight, through Canada, through South America, head west all around. But your destination will always be New York.

The point is sometimes we do not take the path of least resistence. If I had to do it all over again, I'd honestly  would consider doing it the exact same way. I have learned so much about myself that in retrospect the journey although difficult, has been satisfying. There were so many signs that God had given me in the past that either chosed to ignore even missed that it has taken this to put me back on the course.

Believe in yourself, remember you are human and that you will make mistakes, but your destination although it may not be clear as of yet,  will be rewarding.

deva

Post by deva » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:47 pm

I think everything has a dual nature. So perhaps destiny and free will are two sides of the same coin.

Being of a practical nature, what I do is take what's wonderful in a reading,  and exercise my power of choice to change the part I don't like.

Has anyone seen the movie "Next?" The Nicolas Cage character, who's psychic,  said  that the moment one looks at the future, it changes. Interesting , isn't it?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:52 pm

Change is the only constant...mainly because we are such creative people.  The thoughts we think, the things we do from those thoughts are all the design of our future...natural law calls it cause and effect.

At a lecture with Hicks/Abraham a friend told me of the thought....when we drive from California to New York and it is night - all we see is the few yards ahead that our head lights illumine...but eventually one section at a time, we have travelled the whole distance.  

The point being...don't worry too much about the future...it is unfolding just as it is designed....one step at a time.

deva

Post by deva » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:16 am

I agree. spiritalk. That's why while it's important to have goals and plans for the future, one must live one day at a time.

Focus on the now, on the present moment. It's not that easy to do but it will make all the difference.

Return to “Psychic”