good ways to contact

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

samsjr

good ways to contact

Post by samsjr » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:09 am

in every ones opinion, what way do you consider your best way of contacting your guides?

Samson

Post by Samson » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:33 am

By talking to them.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:49 am

The short answer to your question as to finding the best way of contacting your guide is YOU AND YOUR GUIDE'S WAY.

Your guide has been with you since you were born and will be there to greet you when you finally pass over into Spirit.

It is your guide who knows better than anybody what would be the best time for them to meet you, and perhaps reveal their name to you if he does not feel that this might possibly get in the way of your relationship with one another.

Your guide wants to continue to have a close working relationship with you but this does not always require you to be conscious of their presence. He knows more than either of us what would be the best possible method of attempting to contact a person with your particular psychic strengths when he feels the time is right (and not before).

Everyone must find their own ways of contacting their spirit guide, and they should not feel pressured to conform to anybody else's idea of how best to go about this. Some people simply allow their mind to gradually empty itself of thoughts (but do not use force) and so produce the optimum conditions for their guide to contact them, while others actively invite them in or ask simple questions which only require a YES or NO answer with the intention and purpose to make the initial contact.

The overall advice is not to try to force your relationship with your spirit guide along according to your own schedule. Trust that he or she will always have your best interests at heart and that once there is a need for your guide to seek contact with you, there is very little you can do that would stop this happening, if indeed you would wish this to come about.

Often the biggest unconscious barrier when we are otherwise consciously seeking contact with our guide is our very human fear of the unknown, or that we will be asked to do something against our own divine right of free will.

What we frequently forget is that even our own spirit guide cannot interfere in whatever life decisions only we can make. Regard your guide as a friendly advisor and spiritual mentor, and definitely not as someone who would ever attempt to impose his will on your own (this is not anything like the same thing as being possessed). Your guide would never do anything which could bring you harm, nor would he allow you to use your relationship with him to harm somebody else.

Your guide only wants what is best for you and other significant people in your life. He is waiting to meet you when the time is right. Are you yet prepared to still your mind, and listen out for him amongst the blessed silence?

samsjr

i

Post by samsjr » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:37 am

i felt like i had contact when i didnt know anybetter, but like you said i didn't know anybetter so i struck back with fear. even though i felt a reason to fear because of sensitivity and other problems that were getting in the way of judgement.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:25 pm

There are also specific meditation techniques that make sure it is the spirit guide of your own best interest that answers to your call.  As we are going into the unseen, it is important to have a way of making sure who we contact.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:59 am

Sam, Image

You wrote in your response:

i felt like i had contact when i didnt know anybetter, but like you said i didn't know anybetter

In other words while you were not consciously aware of seeking spirit contact, it worked quite well. Once you began to think about doing it fear and self doubt entered your consciousness, and your abilities to communicate were then very effectively blocked.

This is exactly to what I was referring when I told another member on this board that genuine psychic information comes through our own unconscious mind. Once we begin to think and worry ourselves about what we are intending to do in communicating with spirits our mental focus gets shifted towards our conscious, and away from our unconscious where our psychic abilities lie.

All the meditation and other psychic exercises which help us to develop our abilities in order to make a spirit contact are at their core methods of at least temporarily shifting back that focus once more towards our unconscious mind (and temporarily away from our focus on the outer physical world). Our inner psychic world can only therefore be properly accessed or reached through our unconscious, rather than through our conscious mind? That is what these psychic exercises are for.

In psychic development, as with developing any other valuable skills in life, always apply the "KISS" PRINCIPLE.

Keep It Simple Silly

What this basically means is that it is frequently much more efficient to do a simple exercise regularly on a daily basis, than to try doing some much more advanced techniques once or twice a month and thereby overpowering yourself to the point where you might simply give up.

Unless you are already fairly accomplished at allowing your mind to still itself, try meditating for a maximum of 5 minutes at the same time every day, then gradually work up to an absolute maximum of 20 - 30 minutes tops. Even after you have experienced some success in doing this, there will be days when you are simply not in the mood or are not feeling particularly well. Do not take this as a sign that you will never be able to meditate again, but instead as a temporary setback which will eventually pass as long as you you do not lose patience with yourself when this almost inevitably happens (as it will from time to time).

Hey, we are all on your side and you are not in any way imposing by asking these important questions concerning your psychic development. If I inadvertently gave you such an idea, then I must sincerely apologise for doing so.

EOT Image

ligit

Post by ligit » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:41 pm

spiritalk, can you post up a meditation for those who are looking to contact their spirit guide?

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:10 pm

ligit wrote:spiritalk, can you post up a meditation for those who are looking to contact their spirit guide?
can i second that i can feel smell sense my guide i just can't here him

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:36 pm

In meditation we set a purpose for the sitting.  The purpose here is spirit guide contact, so that is our mental focus, without expectations.  

Sit up in the chair so the spine is straight.  This allows all energies to flow.

Do the usual quieting of the body (some use visualization, breathing, or any technique that works for you)  Breathe deeply into the diaphram, gently, but deeply seeing it as a balloon on the end of a stick and as you release the air (squeezing the balloon) you release all negativity from the body.  

I highly recommend music playing because it tends to give the mind something to hear rather than outside noises.  I use soft classical (I actually have a CD called romantic songs that fits the bill.

Visualization is important in meditation and I 'see' a white light entering from the crown flowing through the body bringing warmth and cleansing throughout the body...see it enter the head releasing the stress, down the neck and shoulder, down the spine, down the front, across the hips and down the legs exiting out the feet.  It helps the body continue the relaxing posture, even lowering the shoulders' tensions.

Using the forehead as the place where visualization occurs - see a scene from nature.  This is unique to each meditator.  Pick a place you know of, or even one that you can envision without having seen it for real.  Within the scene place a symbol (a flower in a flower garden, a bush in a waterfall grove, a peak in the mountains, a bird in a tree, etc.) on which you are going to connect/attune with your own personal guide.  Place a bench or chair on which the guide can sit within the scene you are producing.  This is a personal exercise, so choose what you will come back to time and again.

(I have found for the meditator to actually attune it is a practice in consistency and constantcy.  Meet at the same time, with the same trappings so that the spirit guide can know your intent and purpose.  This is where some people find a good meditation circle with others to be very helpful in their journey.  Giving them your attention randomly is not conducive to the exercise.  Your guide will then know your intent.)

Relax in your place of peace and watch for the change in vibration when the spirit guide joins you.  Be sure to be alert to their presence and always ask questions.  Do not sit and expect the guide to do all the work.  Tell them what you can sense, then talk to them like a friend/partner of the work.

God bless, J

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:15 pm

Thanks cant wait to try this i lack consistency may be a daily journey to the same place  will prove fruitful

Sin City Girl

Post by Sin City Girl » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:37 am

I recently aquired one of Sylvia Browne's meditation CD'S on how to contact your spirit guide.  I am very excited to use it, just have to find the some time!

I think dreams are also a great way to make contact.

Best Wishes, Sin City Girl

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:51 pm

One thought with CD's....they can be rather hypnotic.  All work on your own spirit....as in learning attunement with spirit....requires us to be consciously aware and alert of our efforts.

Return to “Psychic”