Psychic Tools

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Do you have any divination tools?(Tarot, oracles, pendulums, crystal Balls etc)

No
24%
Tarot Cards only
28%
Pendulum only
4%
Oracle/Angel Cards Only
No votes
Tarot and Oracle/Angel cards
4%
Tarot, Oracle/Angel cards and pendulums
No votes
Oracle/Angel cards and Pendulums
4%
I have all of the above.
36%

Total votes: 25

Gem

Psychic Tools

Post by Gem » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:35 pm

Do we need tools such as Tarot, Oracles, Pendulums, or Crystal Balls?

I have posted this here because it is a question to all psychics, mediums, and  divinatory card, ball and oracle readers, infact anyone that uses, or doesn't use, tools!

After an ongoing chat with a close friend, who I believe is very intuitive and psychic, but who doesn't use any tools, the discussion came full circle and back to the same old question........

"Why use tools?"

- Why use tarot cards to give a message that we hold inside?
- Why do we need to hide behind them?
- Why not just say what we know and feel?
- Do we need tarot?
- Do we need Angel Cards and Oracles?
- Is using astrology or numerology a tool?
- Are we just using them to cover our ability?
- Does using tools make the seeker/querent feel safer?

I think I have answered this many times but I thought I would see what everyone else thinks ad if any new views come to light.....

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:40 pm

I can see and talk to spirit in my head and am confident when they speak that what they hear is from them and not me- of late Ive started to see spirits physically occasionally, but my Guides/helpers are another matter i see them on occasions even physically but don't hear them- so i open up and speak to them through the Tarot which always works-- so i do need a tool -- tarot i believe as helped me a lot developing psychically although Ive still got quite a way to go --thanks Gem

MangoMom

Tools

Post by MangoMom » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:35 am

I use a prayers to access the information.  

MangoMom

Psychic Chef

tools

Post by Psychic Chef » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:52 am

HI
I have used everything and will try anything that will improve my skills.
I mainly now use my guides and the vistors that have crossed over who come to see me.
I started off using Tarot, pendulums,Numerology, Psycometry and any other thing i could find to get a link or result.
But everthing we use is in essence can be called a tool even meditation.
Cheers Pete

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:56 am

I'm sure everyone has their own reason for using or not using tools whether they be tarot, pendulums, runes, mirrors, etc. I don't necessarily think that using tools are bad. I just believe that people should be aware that they can be influenced by other forces other than ourselves. Some believe that they can get answers from their "guides," but cannot tools also be influenced by spirit? Cannot and do not spirit have intent of their own just as we do here on this plane? And although a spirit may be correct in the information they give, cannot they also influence the outcome of predictions made? Cannot they make things happen so that they can gain your trust?

Even to those who do not use tools, is it not possible that they allow themselves to listen to their minds rather than allowing themselves to hear the voice from within their own hearts? In the end, do we not act as channels, or filters through which information, messages or truths pass through?

Regardless of whether one uses tools or not, we must use our hearts/gut whatever name you wish to give to determine if what we hear or feel or sense is true or not?

I do believe that such tools can open the door for some people, just as some religions act as stepping stones. In the end it is how one decides to use or not use such tools? In the end we have the choice of listening to our minds or our hearts? In the end we have the choice of listening to each other or not? In the end we have the choice of living our lives or not? In the end we have the choice of living a life full of distractions or not?

Anyhow, those are my thoughts. And though they may seem to diverge from the original question posted, they do not truly do they?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:24 pm

The instrument for psychic/mediumship abilities is the body, mind, spirit (the more in balance the better!)  and the tool is meditation.

The other tools mentioned are fun and also provide a starting point for focus of the energies needed to use all the latent talents within all human beings.

MangoMom

tools

Post by MangoMom » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:38 am

Spirittalk

Well said.  It is the mind body and spirit, we each use our own tool to reach that point of access to bring all into one with our spirit.

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:53 am

Anyhow, those are my thoughts. And though they may seem to diverge from the original question posted, they do not truly do they?
Not sure.. you lost me after the tools bit lol!

If you changed the subject can I too? Or is this the same too lol?

I do think that tools such as tarot, runes and oracles can be accurately used by anybody, including non-psychics.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:19 pm

Gem wrote:
Not sure.. you lost me after the tools bit lol!
You're not lost oh wanderer.
Last edited by sidewalk_bends on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sk33t9392

Post by sk33t9392 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:26 pm

Yeah I don't think I'm psychic but my tarot cards work amazingly well for me.
The only probably 'psychic' experience I ever had was hearing something from the past.  A time when my mom had gotten angry and yelled because a guy had called the house for me.  Scared me cause I thought it was real, had to wait 15 minutes before crawling upstairs coz I had to pee.  Turns out, what I heard, supposedly never happened according to my mum.  Maybe I'm just psycho or a spirit wanted me out (as I felt like leaving since 3rd grade and that experience was the final nail in the coffin) I don't know.  But I don't think I'm psychic and I'm sure people can use tarot cards and prolly any other things for everyone has 'psychic' ability of some sort.  Like thinking something at the same time someone says it.

But its the true psychics that amaze me and I wish I was one lol

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:36 pm

sk33t9392 wrote:Yeah I don't think I'm psychic but my tarot cards work amazingly well for me.
The only probably 'psychic' experience I ever had was hearing something from the past.  A time when my mom had gotten angry and yelled because a guy had called the house for me.  Scared me cause I thought it was real, had to wait 15 minutes before crawling upstairs coz I had to pee.  Turns out, what I heard, supposedly never happened according to my mum.  Maybe I'm just psycho or a spirit wanted me out (as I felt like leaving since 3rd grade and that experience was the final nail in the coffin) I don't know.  But I don't think I'm psychic and I'm sure people can use tarot cards and prolly any other things for everyone has 'psychic' ability of some sort.  Like thinking something at the same time someone says it.

But its the true psychics that amaze me and I wish I was one lol
You remind me of skittles. I have no idea why. Maybe it's the sk in your name.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:06 am

sidewalk_bends wrote: You're not lost oh wanderer.
Heeheehee, haven't been called that in a long long while!!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:15 pm

Like you said, sk, everyone is capable.  Psychic is the sensitivities within the human being to be honed and/or ignored as the case may be.  Like all talents, skills, abilities, they are stronger in some than others.  But all are capable of honing what they have by way of psychic abilities.

cdo

Post by cdo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:51 pm

For some tools help them to focus or perhaps help the client to focus . For me personaly i have never used them but that doesnt mean i might not experiment with them in the future .

CDO

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:19 am

Like you said, sk, everyone is capable.  Psychic is the sensitivities within the human being to be honed and/or ignored as the case may be.  Like all talents, skills, abilities, they are stronger in some than others.  But all are capable of honing what they have by way of psychic abilities.
I agree with this and virtually all gifts can be lernt they have to be nurture and set as goals with aprotiate levels of conciousness its all acheviable
The instrument for psychic/mediumship abilities is the body, mind, spirit (the more in balance the better!)  and the tool is meditation.

The other tools mentioned are fun and also provide a starting point for focus of the energies needed to use all the latent talents within all human beings.
again spirit talk your correct howerver gem
I do think that tools such as tarot, runes and oracles can be accurately used by anybody, including non-psychics.
with higher understanding of the system that is in order above us the so salled shuffling of cards can be influenced hence creating more accuracy of a tool of teaching not all shuffles are precise

psychic development is cruical to understand and call on with conformation that which is be undertaken

and to others some things just happen that way

sidewalk benz
I'm sure everyone has their own reason for using or not using tools whether they be tarot, pendulums, runes, mirrors, etc. I don't necessarily think that using tools are bad. I just believe that people should be aware that they can be influenced by other forces other than ourselves. Some believe that they can get answers from their "guides," but cannot tools also be influenced by spirit? Cannot and do not spirit have intent of their own just as we do here on this plane? And although a spirit may be correct in the information they give, cannot they also influence the outcome of predictions made? Cannot they make things happen so that they can gain your trust?

Even to those who do not use tools, is it not possible that they allow themselves to listen to their minds rather than allowing themselves to hear the voice from within their own hearts? In the end, do we not act as channels, or filters through which information, messages or truths pass through?

Regardless of whether one uses tools or not, we must use our hearts/gut whatever name you wish to give to determine if what we hear or feel or sense is true or not?

I do believe that such tools can open the door for some people, just as some religions act as stepping stones. In the end it is how one decides to use or not use such tools? In the end we have the choice of listening to our minds or our hearts? In the end we have the choice of listening to each other or not? In the end we have the choice of living our lives or not? In the end we have the choice of living a life full of distractions or not?

Return to “Psychic”