Hi New person looking for advice!

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Delirium

Hi New person looking for advice!

Post by Delirium » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:34 pm

Hi
As I said in the heading I'm new here so if someone thinks this post needs to be moved somewere I'm sorry! this site is soo big I've already gotten lost!
Ok here's the question do our guides, guide us when we read tarot cards? Is it insperation/blind luck(!) that links an idea with a card that logicly shouldnt go with it or some one/thing giving us a nudge?
I would love to hear other peoples oppinons about this!
Another small question that links on and I dont think is big enough for its own post is, now and again I'll get a feeling that I'm very much in the here and now, not just when reading the cards, Its almost like de ja vous but without the being in the situation before or feeling that "I've done this before" feeling almost like that moment in time is hyper real if you get what I mean, do you think I'm being prodded to pay attention to something? ( the other option is I need my head looked at LoL)

Any comments or oppinions would be great!

Thanks Delirium xxx

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:26 pm

Hiyas,

I won't move this question because it will be interesting to see the responses it gets here in the psychic forum and if wished we can move it later or re-ask in tarot?  :)

Interesting question. I will answer first from a tarot point of view......  There are many ways of reading the tarot. Some learn the meanings by rote, memorising each card and then when that card comes up they say their speech. Boring but effective most of the time.  Others learn intuitive tarot reading like the tarot course I teach here :) This bonds what you see and feel from a card to the meaning as defined by your knowledge and experiences, and so can bring up individual meanings that might fit better. Then we can drift onto psychic tarot reading, where the psychic sub-conscious of the reader takes over and adds what they see and feel, and last but by no means least we have the spiritual tarot reader that uses their spirit guide(s) to pass on the messages. Sometimes 'spirit guides' help unknowingly whatever kind of reading you are giving, but they are not necessary for a tarot reading or for that fact any kind of 'tool' reading angel cards or animal cards etc.

You might be interested in the later lessons in the learn tarot course which really help to advance your connection with the cards.

But it all boils down to one thing .... really... anyone can pick up a set of cards and give a reading but will it be any good?  That all depends on the reader!

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:07 pm

Delirium,

For me I believe tarot like all other tools (pendulum, runes, etc) can be influenced by outside forces, meaning spirit, which may or may not be your guide. As such I believe that readings done by tarot can be unduly influenced, since to me spirit are just like people on this plane/material world, except that they are in spirit. In short, there are spirit with good and bad indentations. That being said, I also believe that tarot can be influenced by your subconscious. In that sense, I believe it gives some people confidence in giving readings/advice, whereas without the cards, they may feel apprehensive. My advice to you is to trust your heart (spiritual heart); trust your gut/intuition. If you feel that something is not right, then step back. Not everyone needs a reading. It's a great way to open up and to explore new things, but don't allow yourself to rely on them. In other words, don't let them be your crutch. If you feel you need them, let them be a doors that you may open other doors. I hope that makes sense.

btw, it's great to be in the now eh? Enjoy life. You will get "nudges" all the time. Not every nudge is a lesson or a message. Sometimes they are distractions. Don't get distracted.

Killing_Smile

Post by Killing_Smile » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:17 pm

Maybe the past, present and future are all right now. :o

::hides::

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:34 pm

As we evolve in our own knowledge, spirituality, skills, getting help from many sources may help (or confuse) depending upon the source.  You have been given advice to the tarot.  May I suggest help from the mediumship aspect.  Check out the course material at Mystic Academy on Mediumship.

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:59 pm

Delirium - I have to address your second question first because this is the first time I have ever heard anyone describe this.  I have had this feeling quite often while growing up and it really kind of scared me.  I only have it very rarely now and I get a real feeling of being connected to something that no-one else recognizes.  Kind of like a door in my mind has been flung open and I'm supposed to be doing or picking up on something that I'm not recognizing.  I have never told anyone about it before.  If you learn anything more about it please let me know.  I would love to know what it is all about.

With the tarot cards, I think we are all connected in some fashion that I can't describe.  I am not articulate enough to explain it well, but I think that all the information that we could ever ask for is out there we just have to access it.  When using the Tarot cards that is what we are doing, we are accessing the information that is inherent in the universe.  When shuffling we ask our questions and our subconscious receives the information we need and we unconsciously "stack" the deck to show us what we need to see to interpret the information.  If that makes any sense.  Not everyone believes it the way I do, but this is my belief.

Best Wishes
Louise

chrisdee

Re: Hi New person looking for advice!

Post by chrisdee » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:13 am

Delirium wrote:Hi
As I said in the heading I'm new here so if someone thinks this post needs to be moved somewere I'm sorry! this site is soo big I've already gotten lost!
Ok here's the question do our guides, guide us when we read tarot cards? Is it insperation/blind luck(!) that links an idea with a card that logicly shouldnt go with it or some one/thing giving us a nudge?
I would love to hear other peoples oppinons about this!
Another small question that links on and I dont think is big enough for its own post is, now and again I'll get a feeling that I'm very much in the here and now, not just when reading the cards, Its almost like de ja vous but without the being in the situation before or feeling that "I've done this before" feeling almost like that moment in time is hyper real if you get what I mean, do you think I'm being prodded to pay attention to something? ( the other option is I need my head looked at LoL)

Any comments or oppinions would be great!

Thanks Delirium xxx
:smt006 To answer your second question first The Tarot opens up a door to the psychic I would take a guess as it wasn't my experience that the feelings were caused when your highly developed intuitive skills were kicking in
I would suggest that before picking up your cards you enfold yourself in a cloak of protection this will protect you from negative thoughts and energies When we read the cards and your gut feeling is telling you different to the cards meaning we go with our feelings as this is physic and it knows best with me its part of the picture only that i notice sometimes and that will give a total different meaning to the cards interpretation
In response to your question do our guides help use read the cards i would say yes they can if you ask they do not interfere with your free will so you do have to ask  
As far as other spirits coming through- you have a door keeper unless you invite spirit through to participate in the reading your door keeper will keep them out
I'm a developing rescue worker so i can pick up on energies really well so the information i have given is from my experiences I have never had unwanted spirits help with readings

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:43 pm

The tarot, crystal ball, palmistry, astrology, all paranormal practices, are tools to the psychic of the human being.  The first tool is yourself.  Opening to spirit is not for the feint of heart.  Letting the fears go is imperative to understanding yourself and then who you are on that sensitive level - psychic.

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:53 pm

I often feel that sense of hyper time, it is almost like the moment is surreal... Like watching a dream or a movie. I feel it more at certain times of the year and month. I am not sure why, but I think that it is when I am more open to it. I am still learning about the many things that I can do and trying to develop them. As for the tarot, I read, and I have meanings that are associated with the cards, which are from the book that I got with them though I often tell people something different. It depends on the cards and me and I am guessing the spirits who are helping me, I have on a few occasions tried to do readings only to forget things that come naturally to me, I usually tell people that I can't do the reading and pack it up. I often get complaints about that or refusing to even attempt to do the reading. I am unsure who I am not reading for, me or them. Somethings I am just not meant to do; I just try to deal with it as gracefully as possible.  As for the hyper time, try recording the thoughts and feelings you have while it was happening as well as the things going on, it might make more sense if you read it after a day or two has pasted and you are not so much in the moment.

Good luck to you on all of this.
                                                                                      Nyte Shade

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:46 pm

There is no time in spirit.  That means that when you are using your spirit self to gain any information (as in mediumship, psychic, intuition, empathy - any paranormal tool) it is timeless.  You will have the sense of no time passing, or much time passing - all not sensed right within the physical/material vibration.

The tarot is a tool.  When using it and you 'feel' unconnected with the client, it is best to move on and be honest in your evaluation.  Nothing worthwhile comes when you know it won't come.  All tools are about trusting your own instincts.

Return to “Psychic”