Was this a vision???

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

BLouise

Was this a vision???

Post by BLouise » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:45 pm

I've never had a vision before so if anyone could give me their opinion it would really be appreciated.

I recently decided to try meditation to help enhance my psychic awareness.  Today I sat down for the first time with a very nice guided meditation session on my iPod.  It took me a while to feel anything, but about half way through I felt like I was just on the verge of falling asleep.  I told myself not to fall asleep and I settled into a kind of in between state, I guess you would call it.  I wasn't really aware of anything around me, but I wasn't asleep.  It was so nice and relaxing and stress free!  At this point the guided meditation voice told me to give up all my worries and stresses to the universe so it may help me to solve them.  I then saw my husband signing some papers to finalize a legal issue that we have been dealing with for some time, then I saw him shaking hands as he accepted a new, better paying job.  These were kind of hazy and I feel like they were me visualizing my desires, but then all the sudden this vivid picture flashed on (that is the only way I know how to describe it) and I was suddenly looking into a huge canyon.  It was very narrow, but went on very far into the distance.  The sides where spotted with vibrant green bushes growing out here and there.  I looked at it for a few seconds then it faded away.

Was this a vision or something else?  Can anyone shed some light on this for me, it is the first time I have actually seen something this clearly in my mind.  Even my own visualizations are never this clear.  What could it mean?  It seems so unrelated to what was on my mind.

Thank you in advance
Louise

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:02 pm

Louise,

WOW it sounds like it was an amazing experience. I will meditate on it myself and see if I can help... I will let you know what I come up with.

Nyte
Nyte

Wondering in the darkness, but never alone...

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:31 pm

:smt006 I think i know exactly what you mean i have these while meditating some show me what people in my life are doing at that moment (remote viewing)some are future visions- sometimes there's a message within that needs interpretation. I would note it see if you get any more or where it comes in to your life
what you describe does not sound like Astra travel but it could have been remote viewing
:smt007

littlebird03

Post by littlebird03 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:45 pm

Wow, that sounds like a lovely experience! I've never tried doing a guided meditation before. If you don't mind me asking, where could I find one?

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:21 pm

:smt006 I love Robbie Wright guided meditations very soothing and relaxing as well as informative I'm sure if you put his name in your browser you will be able to buy over the net :smt002

Nyteshadecreed

Re: Was this a vision???

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:55 pm

Well I went to meditate and I fell asleep *Blush* Guess I was more tired than I thought... But I do want to say that I have re-read your first post and I have now picked up on some things... they may help you understand this or they may just be random things I am getting... (I'm not sure)
BLouise wrote:  I then saw my husband signing some papers to finalize a legal issue that we have been dealing with for some time, then I saw him shaking hands as he accepted a new, better paying job.  These were kind of hazy and I feel like they were me visualizing my desires, but then all the sudden this vivid picture flashed on (that is the only way I know how to describe it)

These I think were a little of both, a vision and a visualization of your desires. I think that the message is, picture that it is going to work out, Keep that positive idea in your mind and it will. I think that there is going to be a time very soon when you are going to have to keep this in the front of your mind. I think you are going to get overwhelmed by what is happening in regards to both of these issues but to push on that it WILL work out.

and I was suddenly looking into a huge canyon.  It was very narrow, but went on very far into the distance.  The sides where spotted with vibrant green bushes growing out here and there.  I looked at it for a few seconds then it faded away.

This I feel like is what you deal with daily you often feel like you are on one side of this canyon and need to be of the other... that it is a daunting task to just &nbsp;get through the days without feeling like you are completely different than everyone else that you know. ( I know we all aren't the same, but with you I feel more like you don't feel like you are even in the same species sometimes...) I also feel like it is trying to tell you that although you are different that you are beautiful and wonderful and fulfill a purpose though not everyone understands it. (Does anyone know the purpose of a canyon? <I know that there is one just not what it is myself> Perhaps looking into that question will help) ANYways, I just wanted to pass that on... sorry I took so long to get back to you but apparently needed to recharge my batteries alittle more... *smile*
I hope that this has helped. Let me know if there is anything else...

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Nyte
Nyte

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:38 pm

Guided meditations are usually hypnotic - not the best state for being alert to what is happening. &nbsp;This is true whether it is someone's voice on tape or in person. &nbsp;The best way to enter meditation and identify the happenings, is to use your own consciousness - not altered by this means.
God bless, J

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:21 pm

Littlebird - The one I am using is by Kelly Howell. &nbsp;I got it from iTunes.

Nyte -
I feel more like you don't feel like you are even in the same species sometimes
BINGO! You really nailed it there :smt045 ! &nbsp;I wonder if everyone feels this way or just me? &nbsp;Thank you for your interpretation it really gave me something to think about. &nbsp;I did find that a canyon can sybolize deep emotions or feelings. &nbsp;I guess it could mean that I see the things that I want to happen as taking a long winding, deeply emotional type journey to get here. &nbsp;I didn't see an ending to the canyon though, but I was at the top of it which I guess would be better than if I was at the bottom. &nbsp;

Chrisdee - Do you ever get anything that you can actually use? &nbsp;I will do as you suggest and make a note of it to come back to later.

Thank you all for your input.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:31 pm

spiritalk wrote:Guided meditations are usually hypnotic - not the best state for being alert to what is happening.  This is true whether it is someone's voice on tape or in person.  The best way to enter meditation and identify the happenings, is to use your own consciousness - not altered by this means.

This may be true but when life is busy and the mind wont rest its a welcome relief to be able to shut it all out so easily, to me its still a great way to meditate :smt020
When i get the peace I would agree using your own consciousness is the best way
although not always possible in a noise house

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:52 pm

Thank you for answering the canyon thing, it is nice to know... *smile* And YES I often feel like I am not human... but not entirely something else either... kind of a hybrid or something. *giggle* I think it keeps me sane... everyone in my family is very closed to anything that happens being real... Made for me often thinking that some aliens just dropped me off with my family to raise me.. *smile* They are great and I love them but sometime I know I am from a completely different planet!! anyways.... I am glad that it is making more sense to you now... take care!!
Nyte

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:45 pm

:smt006 BLouise
Yes :smt007 &nbsp;to mention just a couple: about two weeks ago while meditating i was driving on a motorway for miles this meant nothing to me at the time, as since i have had my licence Ive not used motorways they scare me, all that fast traffic. then a week ago my grandson got news of his kidney transplant i had to travel at speed one and a half hours on the motorway to get to the hospital
also a few months ago i saw my daughter fall down stairs covered in something blue and fluttery i saw my daughter in the afternoon she had fallen down stairs that morning but felt like she had been carried to the bottom result no bruising i asked what she was wearing as i had seen her in something blue and fluttery she said she was wearing nothing but did have a towel that got left at the top of the stairs which was blue i guess this was guides covering her nudity

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:45 pm

Nyte - My family is open to such supernatural happenings, but only in the sense that they want to gossip about anyone who has had an experience and there have been a few. &nbsp;I don't talk with them about it because I don't want to be tomorrows new gossip. &nbsp;I don't really have much contact with them because they are across the US from me. &nbsp;My husband and his family are superstitious, but that isn't really the same to me so I do feel like I don't really fit in anywhere.

Chrisdee - I agree, I think guided meditation is better than no meditation. &nbsp;I have also heard than you can tap into your abilities better while in the alpha state, but I haven't done much research on it so I don't know for sure. &nbsp;Thanks for those examples. &nbsp;Have you ever been able to know what it means ahead of time or are you only able to recognize them after the fact?
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

al64

Post by al64 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:41 pm

""Was this a vision or something else? &nbsp;Can anyone shed some light on this for me, it is the first time I have actually seen something this clearly in my mind. &nbsp;Even my own visualizations are never this clear. &nbsp;What could it mean? &nbsp;It seems so unrelated to what was on my mind.""

I've been trying remote viewing myself lately and this certainly sounds the same, although better than mine.
I sit or lie in comfort and ask for the target and then make drawings of what I see. It's improving, but still not all that clear.
When I started, I would get pictures that would slide into my view after waiting for ages, of scenes that I did not recognise and sometimes it was as if I was looking through someone's eyes, but I don't know who.
I don't spend so long now and just use mental impressions for my sketches.
Anyone got any thoughts on this - I would appreciate any feedback.
Al :smt006 &nbsp;:smt111

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:32 pm

chrisdee wrote:
spiritalk wrote:Guided meditations are usually hypnotic - not the best state for being alert to what is happening. &nbsp;This is true whether it is someone's voice on tape or in person. &nbsp;The best way to enter meditation and identify the happenings, is to use your own consciousness - not altered by this means.

This may be true but when life is busy and the mind wont rest its a welcome relief to be able to shut it all out so easily, to me its still a great way to meditate :smt020
When i get the peace I would agree using your own consciousness is the best way
although not always possible in a noise house

As it is not meditation at all, there are factors to hynosis to be addressed as well. &nbsp;Being alert to your own consciousness is the best ever factor to consider.
God bless, J

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:35 pm

al64 wrote:""Was this a vision or something else? &nbsp;Can anyone shed some light on this for me, it is the first time I have actually seen something this clearly in my mind. &nbsp;Even my own visualizations are never this clear. &nbsp;What could it mean? &nbsp;It seems so unrelated to what was on my mind.""

I've been trying remote viewing myself lately and this certainly sounds the same, although better than mine.
I sit or lie in comfort and ask for the target and then make drawings of what I see. It's improving, but still not all that clear.
When I started, I would get pictures that would slide into my view after waiting for ages, of scenes that I did not recognise and sometimes it was as if I was looking through someone's eyes, but I don't know who.
I don't spend so long now and just use mental impressions for my sketches.
Anyone got any thoughts on this - I would appreciate any feedback.
Al :smt006 &nbsp;:smt111

Spirit impressions come to us through our own talents - an artist is likely to draw and pain what is seen in spirit state. &nbsp;A speaker can talk. &nbsp;Enjoy the input!

All creative people usually feel they are impressed with a muse of some sort. &nbsp;Spirit impression is always available when we choose to address (hear, see, ) it.
God bless, J

Return to “Psychic”