Indigo People....

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:39 pm

"While that is a very fascinating story, I think this is a very apples/oranges comparison.  You're comparing a physical discomfort to a neurological disorder.  One resides in the brain and involves the way one perceives their surroundings, and the other involves the body and its allowed range of motion. "

And when did neurological disorders became other than a physical problem?  It is the same department of problem - the physical body.

"Apparently the spirit can mess with the body, but so can disorders trick the mind.  That's my only point concerning Ms. Tappe's synesthesia, I don't think this is at all an outrageous notion."

Lets keep it straight - was it a brain disorder or a mind disorder.  You have changed gears here - the mind is not the physical brain - it may use it as a vehicle - it is not the same thing.  Physical disorders manifest on the physical.  Spirit input can operate despite physical disorders.  That is not 'messing' with anything.   Isn't that the point?

There seems to be a distinct dismissal of the spirit and body in any of your writing.  Most specifically anything that the spirit can do?  Is this correct?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:45 pm

Yes, you do seem to read too much into the statement.
God bless, J

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:05 pm

spiritalk wrote:"While that is a very fascinating story, I think this is a very apples/oranges comparison.  You're comparing a physical discomfort to a neurological disorder.  One resides in the brain and involves the way one perceives their surroundings, and the other involves the body and its allowed range of motion. "

And when did neurological disorders became other than a physical problem?  It is the same department of problem - the physical body.

"Apparently the spirit can mess with the body, but so can disorders trick the mind.  That's my only point concerning Ms. Tappe's synesthesia, I don't think this is at all an outrageous notion."

Lets keep it straight - was it a brain disorder or a mind disorder.  You have changed gears here - the mind is not the physical brain - it may use it as a vehicle - it is not the same thing.  Physical disorders manifest on the physical.  Spirit input can operate despite physical disorders.  That is not 'messing' with anything.   Isn't that the point?

There seems to be a distinct dismissal of the spirit and body in any of your writing.  Most specifically anything that the spirit can do?  Is this correct?
There is much debate on whether or not the mind and brain are the same thing.  Some believe they are, others say that the mind is the spirit, or connected to the spirit.  I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but keep that in "mind" lol.  By habit most interchange brain and mind.  Before you start flaming him, at least give him the benefit of the doubt.  Otherwise all this talk about treating others with respect and dignity that you claim to believe in will turn you into a hypocrite.  I don't think anyone wants that, lol.

To point something else out, he's only bringing up a possibility, not calling anyone wrong.

al64

Post by al64 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:14 pm

The quote is from your link below and shows the desperation of a parent; how much more is the kid suffering?
I believe my son is an indigo child and my daughter to be a crystal child. My son says he is being haunted and he is only seven. My daughter has to be one of the most kind and understanding 9 year old I have ever meet. People say she has a very kind soul. Ny son they say he has ADHD But I see him being so smart but he dosn't know who to deal with it. He has so much going on in his head at one time. He used to head banging for 9mth to 4 years then he just stoppped. If you have any thing to help please get back to me talk you. vixenblueeyes@yahoo.com http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... ction.html
"Parents are looking for an alternative, and the indigo work provides that."
Can she...can she say that? Did she just disprove/contradict herself with that statement? Does anyone else see that or am I just reading too much into it?
I think that she thinks that contradicting herself is unimportant where getting help is concerned.

L&L
Al :smt069

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:11 pm

Good point, they do both effect the body, however I would guess that the neurological disorders would be more likely chemically related.  Imbalances in chemicals or chemicals going to the wrong place (as I would imagine synethesia works).  I'm not a neurologist, but I also still don't see it as a good comparison...

You seem to think that anything that effects the physical must itself be physical, am I right in guessing this?  If that is the case, how about magicks, the law of attraction, force of will, luck, any of that.  That all affects and manipulates the physical, so are they physical?

Gracious, keep your shirt on.  I use mind and brain interchangably.  Perhaps the 'mind' is the creative and intellectual thought processes (which would be just called 'thought', I guess) and the 'brain' is where it all happens.  Though I find this a little strange for you to be pointing out, as if it makes some huge difference.  If the brain is afflicted, the mind probably won't function as it's supposed to, conversely, if the mind is afflicted, the brain may show affliction as well.  I'll use a  breath and lung example.  If my lung is pierced, I'm probably not going to be breathing, if I'm holding my breath, the lung isn't working like it should.  When the spirit augments a person from their natural, non-spirit-linked state, that's 'messing'.
I'm not sure I follow on this...

Thanks again, Tyrinaniel.

I think that she thinks that contradicting herself is unimportant where getting help is concerned.
Perhaps, perhaps.  I just thought it was weird that she (well, maybe not her specifically, but other Indigo experts) say children with ADD and ADHD are Indigos, and then there she cites all these different un-Indigo related roots of hyperactivity.

al64

Post by al64 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:24 am

Gracious, keep your shirt on. I use mind and brain interchangably. Perhaps the 'mind' is the creative and intellectual thought processes (which would be just called 'thought', I guess) and the 'brain' is where it all happens.  Though I find this a little strange for you to be pointing out, as if it makes some huge difference.  If the brain is afflicted, the mind probably won't function as it's supposed to, conversely, if the mind is afflicted, the brain may show affliction as well.  I'll use a  breath and lung example.  If my lung is pierced, I'm probably not going to be breathing, if I'm holding my breath, the lung isn't working like it should.  When the spirit augments a person from their natural, non-spirit-linked state, that's 'messing'.
You seem to be digging yourself a hole here?
We are all spirits tied to bodies. How the spirit is linked to the mind is a hard question to answer, but it seems to be one and the same thing on both sides, as far as conciousness and thinking are concerned.

Although the mind may reside in the brain, the mind is not part of the brain. Even the most determined labeller would not say so. Whereas it's possible to point at the brain, it's not possible to do so with the mind. There is no part of mind/conciousness that can be put into a test tube, like lung or air.
If you search hydrocephalus you will find that there are people alive today with very little brain, but who function normally – although there are some who don't.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocepha ... ional_case
There are better examples but Wiki is acceptable to most.
Perhaps, perhaps.  I just thought it was weird that she (well, maybe not her specifically, but other Indigo experts) say children with ADD and ADHD are Indigos, and then there she cites all these different un-Indigo related roots of hyperactivity.
Maybe, in desperation she's trying to speak the language of those who give drugs to Indigos unnecessarily  because of the bad press and scepticism given to Indigos. One of your links states that they almost always give them medication.
Whether or not you are prepared to accept all of this is down to you and the choices you make.
L&L

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:50 am

Thank you Al.  Instead of flaming him, you actually explained it to him.  And I enjoyed how you worded that.  So many people debate on the brain vs mind ordeal, though few actually know which is which. When I was younger, I always wondered if the brain held the mind, or if we had only "felt" it was in the brain, but it was near our hearts.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:23 am

Thanks for the explaination, I didn't really see it as a hole though, just me not thinking things through and using a potentially bad comparison!  :D
There is no part of mind/conciousness that can be put into a test tube, like lung or air.
Scientifically, thought would be measured by the brain sending electro-chemical signals to and fro in the different regions.  Technically you are true in saying it can't be put in a test tube, but given the proper equipment one can point out where brain activity and thought processes are working, just like one can map out the movement of air in and out of the lungs.

About the hydrocephalus, amazing how the brain can adapt like that...crazy.

Maybe, in desperation she's trying to speak the language of those who give drugs to Indigos unnecessarily  because of the bad press and scepticism given to Indigos. One of your links states that they almost always give them medication.
Ah, maybe.  Well, who isn't on medication these days?  -.-'

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:13 am

I'm not but I'm pretty wacko anyway.  I think doctors are afraid of what would happen.  To everyone else.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:02 am

XD

al64

Post by al64 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:09 pm

Scientifically, thought would be measured by the brain sending electro-chemical signals to and fro in the different regions.  Technically you are true in saying it can't be put in a test tube, but given the proper equipment one can point out where brain activity and thought processes are working, just like one can map out the movement of air in and out of the lungs.
It has been known that electrical activity can be detected in the brain for a hundred years. Actual thought processes cannot be detected. If this were the case, then recordings of actual thoughts would be made and this can't be done.
The brain seems to detect the ether and the electricity is a by-product of etheric processes.
This, again, was all sorted out a hundred years ago by such people as Tesla and John Keely and one or two others.
Even though Tesla invented just about everything that we take for granted when we push a plug into a socket, he is never given credit for his work on the ether or anything else. This is the reason why we still use hundred year old technology that pollutes the earth.
Keely was the more spiritual of the two and described the brain as a resonator that tuned into ether frequencies. You can call this the collective conciousness, something that came along later.

This, of course is all rejected by modern science which I tend to see as “The Wizard of Oz” with a big machine and a frightened little man behind. When you give the machine a kick he comes scurrying out. :smt069

al64

Post by al64 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:54 pm

I always wondered if the brain held the mind, or if we had only "felt" it was in the brain, but it was near our hearts.
Hi Ty
The innermost of our being has always, traditionally, been called the heart and I'm not likely to argue with that.
The strange thing about memory and such is the reports of people who receive organ transplants and claim to have taken on some of the characteristics of the donor.
Life is full of wonder.
L&L

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:31 pm

Ah, maybe.  Well, who isn't on medication these days?  -.-'

I recognize this as a sigh and an aside - unfortunately I lived through a decade where all doctors thought like that and treated woman and their complaints accordingly.  Please be careful - many people do not like medication!
God bless, J

Dig

Indigo

Post by Dig » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:18 pm

What someone told me about Indigo people: they were discovered when a someone took a photo with a electromagnetic camera. After revealed the person of the photo apeared with a indigo (the color) aura around he (or she).
Electromagnetic cameras where used by Semyon Kirlian to photograph objects aura. Here is a link to a good page «http://www.geocities.com/quackwatch/kirlian.html», and here is a good text translator «www.translito.com» (sorry is in portuguese).
I agree about Indigo people be an evolution of mankind, because they look quicker to develop or learn than usually. But the spiritual way to discrib theme is wrong (my opinion, no offense), if they think in one or another way depends on theirs life. What I mean is that some one can answer "yes" to all question upward, but be a regular person.
Create your own World rather looking for one!

al64

Post by al64 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:16 pm

What I mean is that some one can answer "yes" to all question upward, but be a regular person.
Is that someone you? :smt069

Return to “Psychic”