Indigo People....

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:14 pm

It has been known that electrical activity can be detected in the brain for a hundred years. Actual thought processes cannot be detected. If this were the case, then recordings of actual thoughts would be made and this can't be done.
It depends on what you mean by this.  Could someone tell what you were thinking about with this equipement?  Well, probably not, but due to what parts and lobes of the brain appear to be activated they may be able to get a good idea of what you're thinking about.
The brain seems to detect the ether and the electricity is a by-product of etheric processes.
Never thought about it like that.
Even though Tesla invented just about everything that we take for granted when we push a plug into a socket, he is never given credit for his work on the ether or anything else. This is the reason why we still use hundred year old technology that pollutes the earth.
I would feel awkward using the Earth's spiritual energies like ether...I'm not sure if that's what you're implying here, but...Final Fantasy VII anyone?

The innermost of our being has always, traditionally, been called the heart and I'm not likely to argue with that.
This reminded me of the Greeks (I think it was the Greeks...) who thought the heart was the center of all of our emotions and feelings and reasoning and that the brain only served to cool blood.
I recognize this as a sigh and an aside - unfortunately I lived through a decade where all doctors thought like that and treated woman and their complaints accordingly.  Please be careful - many people do not like medication!
I didn't mean for that comment to be taken as anything besides a sort of fed up remark.  I hate medications too...I'm more likely to tough out a headache than take a pain reliever.  I feel the overdependence on medications has weakened the human species...but that's a rant for another time.

al64

Post by al64 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:10 pm

I would feel awkward using the Earth's spiritual energies like ether...I'm not sure if that's what you're implying here, but...Final Fantasy VII anyone?
What, no questions? Well, I suppose it's better than flaming?
This reminded me of the Greeks (I think it was the Greeks...) who thought the heart was the center of all of our emotions and feelings and reasoning and that the brain only served to cool blood.
They may have been right and they obviously used it for other things, because we haven't come very far since their time.
It depends on what you mean by this.  Could someone tell what you were thinking about with this equipement?  Well, probably not, but due to what parts and lobes of the brain appear to be activated they may be able to get a good idea of what you're thinking about.
I don't think it'll be necessary to probe your brain any more.
L&L
Al :smt069

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:51 pm

They may have been right and they obviously used it for other things, because we haven't come very far since their time.
No doubt, I've always thought it strange that we feel it there...

Thanks for the attacks, makes me feel niiice.

Dig

Are you psychic or what?...

Post by Dig » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:49 pm

yeah. You now would say I am wrong saying that. but if you know about me you... it will be easy understand some "yes".
Create your own World rather looking for one!

al64

Post by al64 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:08 pm

Hi Dig, nice to hear from you.
Being Indigo is not something to be afraid of or ashamed of – it's a privilege.
We would all like to hear from you.
If you don't want to talk on the board then feel free to send me a private message (PM).
L&L
Al
:smt069

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:03 pm

al64 wrote:Hi Dig, nice to hear from you.
Being Indigo is not something to be afraid of or ashamed of – it's a privilege.
We would all like to hear from you.
If you don't want to talk on the board then feel free to send me a private message (PM).
L&L
Al
A privilege?
I am just like you.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:16 pm

and... just in case you heard otherwise from other "indigo" sources, the designated word "Indigo" has nothing to do with the color of an aura! It is the result of scientific observations by a woman who has the brain disorder called synesthesia.
KA-SMASH!

http://www.indigochild.com

Humor aside, I don't know if I agree with the 'scientific observations' part since we don't really know if Tappe has either an aura-reading ability or synesthesia, apparently there's no real way to test for either of these, so I guess it's all up to interpretation.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:23 pm

Sei no Senshi wrote:
and... just in case you heard otherwise from other "indigo" sources, the designated word "Indigo" has nothing to do with the color of an aura! It is the result of scientific observations by a woman who has the brain disorder called synesthesia.
KA-SMASH!

http://www.indigochild.com

Humor aside, I don't know if I agree with the 'scientific observations' part since we don't really know if Tappe has either an aura-reading ability or synesthesia, apparently there's no real way to test for either of these, so I guess it's all up to interpretation.
Sei no Senshi,

I have a question for you. Why are you so bent on finding proof, specifically scientific proof for things? I used to be the same way honestly. Recently and not so recently I have been attending talks as part of my job, and you start to see that at the higher levels of science (as in beyond undergraduate and even graduate work), you do get into grey areas, where rules don't apply and rules become more suggestions than facts. It's almost like this inside joke between scientists that what is considered fact is just the current state of belief. Even if there are studies to contradict a current set of beliefs, there tends to be this need for a big momentum changer, before the alternate belief is adopted, or even considered.
I am just like you.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:43 pm

I don't mean to come off that way, in most instances I could really care less what science says about things, I'm just presenting another way of looking at things.

My arguments on the Indigo children aren't at all scientifically based, and the only reason the conversations turned into something scientific was due to the sub-topic of synesthesia and other related things.

al64

Post by al64 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:03 pm

you start to see that at the higher levels of science (as in beyond undergraduate and even graduate work), you do get into grey areas, where rules don't apply and rules become more suggestions than facts. It's almost like this inside joke between scientists that what is considered fact is just the current state of belief. Even if there are studies to contradict a current set of beliefs, there tends to be this need for a big momentum changer, before the alternate belief is adopted, or even considered.
Yes, I agree with all of this.
Someone said recently that science is not powerful because it's right, but right because it's powerful.
I find that the average scientist to be hard working and honest; it's what's done with the work at the end of the day that's questionable. Those that find things that are on the edge of some undeclared limit or rule are drummed out of the service, because; “Everything we do has to match-up to and support everything we have done”. This is the killer. The purpose of science is to support science.
L&L
Al

Dig

Is not afraid or shame!

Post by Dig » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:27 pm

All opinions...
This is like another many things. Each one have own idea about something.
For example me, I have an "army" of psychologist behind me because my mind is unusual, some think about dyslexia, other syndrome of asperger, maybe overendowed. I think that is related with my interests, qualities, disqualities and logic/methodical sense. Then if you want me to change my mind about what am I, you will have to make more experiences.
Create your own World rather looking for one!

al64

Post by al64 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:38 pm

All opinions...
This is like another many things. Each one have own idea about something.
For example me, I have an "army" of psychologist behind me because my mind is unusual, some think about dyslexia, other syndrome of asperger, maybe overendowed. I think that is related with my interests, qualities, disqualities and logic/methodical sense. Then if you want me to change my mind about what am I, you will have to make more experiences.
Hi Dig
We have a family member who has similar problems to the ones you describe. The standard labels don't quite fit. I think the latest is global delay.
I would like to bet that you have no problem with subjects that interest you.

I can see why you don't want another label to add to the rest and that's fine.

As for my opinions; they are there to take or leave, although they are the result of years of thinking about such things. I leave my mind open to the most outlandish ideas and some of them fit. This is because my mind is unusual.
L&L

lstar33

Post by lstar33 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:53 am

wow, It is so crazy to read this. When I was younger I had a strange man come up to me and tell me I was an indigo child. He said it was rare and at the time, I still couldn't find any info on it. I feel such a kinship to these qualities and in a weird fashion, I feel relief that others have this too. Thank you so much for posting this. I have to learn so much more now. :)

al64

Post by al64 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:00 pm

lstar33 wrote:wow, It is so crazy to read this. When I was younger I had a strange man come up to me and tell me I was an indigo child. He said it was rare and at the time, I still couldn't find any info on it. I feel such a kinship to these qualities and in a weird fashion, I feel relief that others have this too. Thank you so much for posting this. I have to learn so much more now. :)
Hi Istar33
Welcome to the clan.
Some people are not so enthusiastic as you.
L&L

al64

Post by al64 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:03 pm

Hi
Apart from the well known childhood problems, most older indigo's seem to hint at having a rough time on their journey through life.

Any comments?

L&L

Return to “Psychic”