Indigo People....

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:48 pm

And what is the disorder from any other worker, or skeptic, that you would like to address?
It was 100% valid as the disorder factors heavily into the situation and her claims.  Either she saw this indigo color because of her aura-reading abilities or because of her synesthsia.  It's a tossup and there is no right or wrong answer.
No, but some cream can sour with the negative thought applied.
Definitely.
So also the cream of the individual can be soured by their skepticm turning.
How about pessimism?  I think that'd be much a more souring than not believing everything you hear.
Skepticm is healthy.  Disbelief comes from a closed mind.  The mind works best like an umbrella - only effective when open.
Definitely agree on the skepticism and the mind/umbrella analogy.  Disbelief is far from closeminded if gone about the right way.  Saying "No, I don't believe in it" without even looking into it, well that's bad.  However, if you've looked into it and then ultimately reached that decision, I don't see how that's 'closeminded' at all.
Indigos is about the spirit not the body.  Yes, all youth have natural rambuntious energy as a part of their natural makeup.  Do they have a natural spirit energy?
This is were you deviate from the Indigo literature which claims that most children with ADD and ADHD are in fact misdiagnosed Indigos.  So, we can assume that hyperactivity and attention deficiencies are all large parts of the Indigo being.  These are physical conditions.  Everything has a natural spirit energy.
I am interested in giving anyone support that is being harrassed for their natural spirit abilities.
Well, why not support for people who are being harrassed period?

al64

Post by al64 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:27 pm

There's nothing wrong with being skeptical, expecially when the siren sounds off going "Something's not right".  The world needs skeptics to keep it alive.
Hi
I just had to say something about this:
OK, if you mean the dictionary definition of Skeptic, then no prob's, but the word has come to mean something completely different lately. It conjures-up for me, thoughts of James Randy and his merry band and the Skeptical Enquirer.
Such people deny the very existence of things that don't have the stamp of science on them and that would include this site and all that goes with it.

Talking about scepticism goes to the very heart of our belief systems, logic and reality. Scepticism is not about, is something right or wrong – true or false; it's about, is it acceptable to the things we have been taught to understand as reality? I'm afraid that IMHO this is not acceptable and i certainly don't need these people to keep me alive.
L&L
Al :smt069

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:52 pm

This is were you deviate from the Indigo literature which claims that most children with ADD and ADHD are in fact misdiagnosed Indigos.  So, we can assume that hyperactivity and attention deficiencies are all large parts of the Indigo being.  These are physical conditions.  Everything has a natural spirit energy.

J:  There is some literature that says there are learning disabilities in some of the Indigos.  This could be a discussion on its own.  I believe we all have imperfections - so what?  This is a learning ground for all of us.  And this is where I diverge from seeing anything 'special' about the label.  It is just that - a label.  For some it has helped to see themselves as unique and special (as we all are) when there thinking was going in the opposite direction.  Do all Indigos have to have ADD or ADHD to be indigo?  I don't believe the literature said that - but then I wouldn't believe it if it did.

Well, why not support for people who are being harrassed period?

J:  I do support all people who are being harassed - this discussion was Indigos so that is where the effort is at present in this discussion.

It was 100% valid as the disorder factors heavily into the situation and her claims.  Either she saw this indigo color because of her aura-reading abilities or because of her synesthsia.  It's a tossup and there is no right or wrong answer.

J:  Are these my only choices?  She has her abilities because of the person she is with or without a disability!
God bless, J

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:55 pm

I have a granddaughter with Cerebral Palsy (a catch all condition) from childbirth problems.  Lately she fell (balance is a big issue with CP) and fractured a bone in her upper arm.  It could be put in a cast to heal so she was given a firm splint.  The question arises:  will this also affect her balance and cause more problem or a solution?  

You see nothing is as simple as it looks!  Even when we want to do the right thing, we can be doing the wrong thing.
God bless, J

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:37 pm

OK, if you mean the dictionary definition of Skeptic, then no prob's, but the word has come to mean something completely different lately. It conjures-up for me, thoughts of James Randy and his merry band and the Skeptical Enquirer.
Such people deny the very existence of things that don't have the stamp of science on them and that would include this site and all that goes with it.
That's very true.  Just so we're all on the same page, let's get a dictionary definition.

"a person who questions the validity or authenticity of something purporting to be factual."

I like this one.  We'll all skeptical of something, that's just human nature.  That and it'd get awefully difficult to juggle everything we believe in, especially when some beliefs are contradictory.  I would say if it doesn't work for you (as in agree with you), then be skeptical of it.  If it just sounds...odd, be skeptical of it.  That is, until you look into it further.  Having a predisposition about a topic, that's what's close-minded or unhealthy, not being skeptical and questioning in nature.  After all, I dare say that most of us here are here due to a skeptical period in our lives closing one door and opening another.

Now, as for SE, they seem to revel in the land of science, and so feel that things must be explained in that way, and when they can't be explained, they figure they must be impossible.  While that's not how I would look at it, it's how they do, and as long as they test it out first, I see nothing wrong with them choosing to disbelieve in it.

Scepticism is not about, is something right or wrong – true or false; it's about, is it acceptable to the things we have been taught to understand as reality?
Well, if you wanted to go with the dictionary, apparently it is about ascertaining what is and is not correct as the dictionary mentions the reality of the facts that are presented to us.  However this is about where I'd part with it and agree with you in a way.  I do think skepticism is about finding what is right and wrong, but in a personal level.
There is some literature that says there are learning disabilities in some of the Indigos.  This could be a discussion on its own.  I believe we all have imperfections - so what?  This is a learning ground for all of us.  And this is where I diverge from seeing anything 'special' about the label.  It is just that - a label.  For some it has helped to see themselves as unique and special (as we all are) when there thinking was going in the opposite direction.  Do all Indigos have to have ADD or ADHD to be indigo?  I don't believe the literature said that - but then I wouldn't believe it if it did.
Interesting points.  I don't believe the literature says all the Indigos have these disabilities either, and I'd be with you in not believeing it if they did.  You have to admit though, with all the talk of the ADD and ADHD in Indigo literature, you'd think it's like their lifeblood, these disorders.
I do support all people who are being harassed - this discussion was Indigos so that is where the effort is at present in this discussion.
Good, good.
Are these my only choices?  She has her abilities because of the person she is with or without a disability!
But what if she's getting her aura-readinig ability mixed up with her disorder!?  That's the question you have to entertain.  Synesthsia mixes up everything relating to the senses.  So, if you're seeing this person and hearing this person, and seeing this indigo color, would you think it's their aura?  I probably would.  Well, when you have a disorder that lets you see sounds and taste sights and such, how can you be sure that it's their aura and not this neurological disorder?  I don't think you could and it's a fascinating thing to consider.  If it was the actual aura, then Indigo literature is about safe.  If it was the synesthsia, then it would blow that out of the water.  At least, that's what I think.

al64

Post by al64 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:05 am

Is synesthesia a neurological disorder?
L&L

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:04 am

From Wikipedia.
Synesthesia is a neurologically based phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.
From Reference.com
Synesthesia is a neurologically based phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.
Weird how that's the second time I've invoked both sources together and one's quoted the other again. :D

Anyway, yes.  The evidence seems to suggest synesthesia is a neurological condition...

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:31 pm

Just to add to the other disabilities that may arise in psychic/mediumship work:

There was an elder lady that leaned on two canes while walking and seemed to have a lot of body discomforts.  When she got up to give messages, she walked like a 20 years old with all the vigor and energy of youth.  When she was finished and ready to sit down again, she was bent and discomforted again.  

We work from the spirit - the spirit is perfect within this imperfect frame.

When a seeker/newbie is examining the techniques and exercises for psychic/mediumship work, they are using their 5 senses (these come first in all things) and encouraged to take them to the psychic level adding 2 more (intuition - from the gut and I know - from the heart) as they receive their attunement with spirit.  This means that the instrument will truly be the individual - each being unique and individual in their talents, skills, abilities.

There is an equation we work with - in the beginning it can be 90% us and 10% spirit input.  As we develop we can turn this around to 90% spirit and 10% ourselves.  You will note - there will always be a portion of the individual medium in their work - they are instrument of use.
God bless, J

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:56 pm

If I read between the lines, you're basically saying Sei no Senshi is wrong, am I correct in reading this properly?  In a forum where people are encouraged to be open and discover many possibilities, is this a way of inhibiting someone from speaking without judgements?  And just how do we know the human spirit is free from flaws?  Just because we may have the Spirit's guidance does not make us perfect beings.  If I had the time, I'd quote others on this very forum who have admitted that we are all learning, the ones most of us look up to.

Feel free to rip me to shreads.  Unlike other people, I'm willing to admit it when I'm incorrect.  Though, just because the majority of the "psychic world" may have deemed one person the goddess of auras does not mean they were completely correct.  Sure, they may have been onto a good idea, but who are we to say they're infallible?

Just some food for thought.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:08 pm

Tyrinaniel wrote:If I read between the lines, you're basically saying Sei no Senshi is wrong, am I correct in reading this properly?  In a forum where people are encouraged to be open and discover many possibilities, is this a way of inhibiting someone from speaking without judgements?  And just how do we know the human spirit is free from flaws?  Just because we may have the Spirit's guidance does not make us perfect beings.  If I had the time, I'd quote others on this very forum who have admitted that we are all learning, the ones most of us look up to.

Feel free to rip me to shreads.  Unlike other people, I'm willing to admit it when I'm incorrect.  Though, just because the majority of the "psychic world" may have deemed one person the goddess of auras does not mean they were completely correct.  Sure, they may have been onto a good idea, but who are we to say they're infallible?

Just some food for thought.
Hi Ty, hope all is well.

You seem to have come out of your shell if there ever was one.  :smt003
I am just like you.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:22 pm

First off, I want to say thank you Ty, and I apologize for our earlier dispute that didn't end well.

Secondly...

There was an elder lady that leaned on two canes while walking and seemed to have a lot of body discomforts.  When she got up to give messages, she walked like a 20 years old with all the vigor and energy of youth.  When she was finished and ready to sit down again, she was bent and discomforted again.
While that is a very fascinating story, I think this is a very apples/oranges comparison.  You're comparing a physical discomfort to a neurological disorder.  One resides in the brain and involves the way one perceives their surroundings, and the other involves the body and its allowed range of motion.

Apparently the spirit can mess with the body, but so can disorders trick the mind.  That's my only point concerning Ms. Tappe's synesthesia, I don't think this is at all an outrageous notion.

al64

Post by al64 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:09 pm

Apparently the spirit can mess with the body, but so can disorders trick the mind. That's my only point concerning Ms. Tappe's synesthesia, I don't think this is at all an outrageous notion.
I think the conflict here concerns weather a disorder/condition (that has been diagnosed by someone with an agenda) is the cause of mistaken aural identity, when the person concerned is something of an authority on auras? Did I get that right, I don't know the woman?
Is there no one else who can confirm this for her?
I also tend to find that during illness or disorder, is the time when the flimsy veil between us and the otherness is lifted.
Dying people and NDE's are chock full of information about their visions and experiences. I tend towards the idea that sinesthesics(sp) are happy with their talents until the agenda merchants get hold of them and tell them they're nuts.
L&L

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:47 pm

I can't say I really know the woman either, but you're correct.  I'm not saying she did get the two mixed up, but it is something that came across my mind and I only wanted to present the possibility.  If a disorder can make one feel the personalities of letters, see words in color and taste them, I don't think getting the aura and what was displayed through her synesthesia mixed up is at all a 'far out' idea.

Your parenthetical statement of 'that has been diagnosed by someone with an agenda' made me think about it.  I'm not sure if this was pointed at me for bringing it up or whatever (though the requesting of a second opinion makes me think that doubly so), but it made me want to double-check what I had read.  So, I did.  I checked in five places, one being Wikipedia and the other four being the first four sites brought up by Alltheweb's search engine using the querey 'Nancy Ann Tappe, synesthesia'.

Wikipedia uses the phrase 'Self-proclaimed synesthete".

http://www.sentienttimes.com/04/feb_mar_04/color.htm also claims she has it.

http://www.janetboyer.com/Children_of_t ... Earth.html  While this appears to be an interview in which Tappe is not involved, she is mentioned as having this disorder here as well.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... ction.html  This article also mentions her as having the disorder.

http://www.psychicchildren.co.uk/1-2-Th ... ldren.html  And finally, this article also mentions it.

Five random sources all say the same thing.  I don't pull things out of the air.  However, the Wikipedia article using the 'self-proclaimed ' title made me curious.  Is there a way to test for this?  How would you test for this?  Is she making this up to make herself sound more credible?  I would like to believe she wasn't, that would just be silly.  Seems that is also up for interpretation.

I definitely agree that the dying and those that go through terrifying near death experiences have the veil thinned for them for their spirit to eventually travel through, so in theory, they should be able to see a part of what is beyond if they wanted to.

No one ever said synesthetes were crazy or anything negative like that, and I don't know why there would be an 'agenda' to classify them.  They're obviously not destructive or dangerous to socieity, in fact, if Tappe is any example they seem to perform exceptionally well in socieity.  The only problem would be they'll have to taste 'happy' for the rest of their lives, but in comparsion to the seemingly hundreds of mental/neurological disorders there are and the complications they involve, that's cake and not exactly what I would call 'nuts'.

I wonder if this would be an appropriate horary.  Hm...

al64

Post by al64 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:13 am

Hi sei no senshi
Your parenthetical statement of 'that has been diagnosed by someone with an agenda' made me think about it. I'm not sure if this was pointed at me for bringing it up or whatever (though the requesting of a second opinion makes me think that doubly so), but it made me want to double-check what I had read.
You really must excuse me, I've spent much too long on other message boards arguing with those who do have an agenda. The agenda is institutionalised science that must put a label on everything. It was certainly not aimed at you. This just goes to show how the internet can throw up wrong signals.
Psychology is the black sheep of science and will do almost anything to become one of the boys. This has to do with past “Black Arts” and a history that includes Mesmer and hypnotism and such and so I don't altogether trust these guys or their “agenda”.

The “second opinion” is that surely someone who is not a synesthete can take a look at the auras?

Please don't expect standard views from me as I'm not capable of giving them, although I do understand them. This is what gets me into trouble.

L&L

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:25 am

All patched up. :)
The “second opinion” is that surely someone who is not a synesthete can take a look at the auras?
Oh, definitely, you would think it would be that simple.  I haven't really read any Indigo literature where the author themselves claims to have seen the aura of a supposed Indigo themselves.  It may be out there and I just missed it, who knows.  However, it seems to be mentioned as an accepted viewpoint.  Whether Kryon agrees with this aura assessment, I couldn't say.

However, on another note, I don't think many people who want to get their idea across and their book sold are going to disagree with (as Ty mentioned) Nancy Ann Tappe, Super Aura-Reading Goddess Final Form II.  You know?  I would definitely be interested in other aura-readers views of this were, however then we get into the area of predisposition, and that's no fun.

I was cruising around the Wikipedia article for Indigo children, checking out the sources cited, just to see what's going on down there.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2006-03-1 ... jumbo/full

This artilce here features four apparent letters to the editor and here is the link to the article they allude to.  You all may have actually read this article and the letters to the editor before.

http://dallasobserver.com/2006-03-09/ne ... -boy-blue/

While I do think the writer of the "Attack" letter flipped their lid a bit, the other three sound rather reasonable in their opinion.

Just wanted to share.

I'm really sorry I keep editing this post like this, but I'm reading the Little Boy Blue article for the first time myself.

"We have overcrowded classrooms, gym classes being cut and a lot of schools selling fast food as lunch, so the conditions are ripe for hyperactivity. Students are being sent to the psychologist's office and almost automatically medicated," Virtue says. "Parents are looking for an alternative, and the indigo work provides that."
Can she...can she say that?  Did she just disprove/contradict herself with that statement?  Does anyone else see that or am I just reading too much into it?

Return to “Psychic”