Sheep and Goats

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:21 pm

Yes Joe and Swedenborg did it all - long before the phrase was coined.  Many psychics have different abilities - his can be defined entirely by the latest definitions.  Its interesting when science tries to catch up with the psychic!

al64

Post by al64 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:26 pm

Love consists in desiring to give what is our own to another and feeling his delight as our own.

Man was so created by the Lord as to be able while living in the body to speak with spirits and angels, as in fact was done in the most ancient times; for, being a spirit clothed with a body, he is one with them.

That every man after the life in the world lives to eternity, is evident from this, that man is then spiritual, and no longer natural, and that the spiritual man, separated from the natural, remains such as he is to eternity, for man's state cannot be changed after death.
Emanuel Swedenborg

A few quotes I thought you may like?
Al

jotejete

Post by jotejete » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:51 pm

spiritalk wrote:Yes Joe and Swedenborg did it all - long before the phrase was coined.  Many psychics have different abilities - his can be defined entirely by the latest definitions.  Its interesting when science tries to catch up with the psychic!
I agree with you. There have always been prominent psychics such as Emanuel Swedenborg.
What I always explain to people is the term " Remote Viewing" is a system that incorporates  a number of psychic abilities. It's not the ability itself. It's hard for people to grasp this, since the term is used by laypeople interchangeably with psychic ability. To give you an example. I was formally trained in Remote Viewing, but find it too rigid for my taste. So I actually "remote view" my own way. I'm usually accurate, but if you get down to it I'm not Remote Viewing-since I'm not using the protocol that defines Remote Viewing. I'm just using my clairvoyant, clairaudient etc abilities.  
As for Joe McMoneagle , if you do a Google search on him I think you'll find quite a bit on his incredible career.

yourinfopro

At college

Post by yourinfopro » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:52 pm

While going to college I  had a lecture on ESP and testing ability. The evidence in the lecture showed that two things happened frequently: people with ability equally did horrible and very well. They said during the lecture that getting most items wrong was as positive proof af ability as getting most of them correct. That always stuck in my mind. You might be able to find out more doing a google search for "teting results, ESP".
BRING THE PEACE INTO YOUR LIFE...NO ONE ELSE WILL!
Debbie

Pagancrafter

Post by Pagancrafter » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:29 pm

Gem wrote:Hmmm.... I saw that programme, and to be haonest I thought the dowsers were pretty poor. They used weak methods and seemed to be more basing their dowsing on the right feeling or their hunch or spirit rather than the true dowser that uses hazel twigs to divine water.

But under those circumstances it is very hard to be in the right frame of mind, cameras and a skeptic don't make the best of environments in which to dowse, and to be honest  when I dowse I am finding underground springs for wells with maybe 100,000 (+ -) gallons not a 2 litre bottle of Evian lol. Hmmm I might go and try it though  <gg>  Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Truth be told, I know very little of dowsing. &nbsp;Is hazel used exclusively in its practice? &nbsp;Can someone point me towards some resources?

In regards to the program--I haven't seen it, but I am enjoying reading the discussion on it. &nbsp;It is true that such an environment as those people were asked to dowse in--going by the descriptions I'm reading here--is hardly conducive to that sort of work!

--Pagancrafter

al64

Post by al64 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:38 pm

Hi
I dowse with a pendulum, but not on the professional scale that Gem describes. As it happens, I've been asking some questions today, but this is an occasional thing for me.
The program was on BBC Channel four and caused a stir on their news group at the time. It's all there to read. The idea was to make psychics and all – not accepted by science subjects - look silly. “The Enemies of Reason” or some such.
My point above was that to affect the dowsers in the way that the program makers did, they had to be using psychic power of their own and this, to me is a paradox.
L&L
Al :smt073

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:31 pm

Maybe the same experiment could be conducted under normal conditions, or perhaps, camera's only for the audience and moderator?

al64

Post by al64 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:51 pm

Hi lightening, nice to hear from you.
Maybe the same experiment could be conducted under normal conditions, or perhaps, camera's only for the audience and moderator?
Well yes, but the point of the prog' was to debunk all such things.
My point was that the debunking works against people that have been doing these things successfully for years. This leads me to think that they are using the “paranormal” themselves while at the same time denying that it exists.
L&L
Al

ameliaearheart

Post by ameliaearheart » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:16 pm

al64 wrote:Hi Nyte
I'm glad that you are thinking about getting into reading as it's always been my favourite pass-time.
The info about ether (aether) is huge and also something that has interested me for ages. It's the means of transport for all psychic traffic, light and electricity and a lot more.
Before the turn of the last century it was assumed by most scientists and abandoned with the coming of relativity around the 1930's.
This was something that was spoken of by the ancients for all of recorded history although known by different names at different times. It shows just how far we have strayed away from the spiritual truths in favour of “scientific reason”.
Al :smt045
I think the Aether was not discovered because the scientists looked for it in the wrong place. The esoteric teachings like Blavatsky's theosophy always said that Aether first of all belongs to the human Mind and not the 'outside space' where the scientists tried to discover it. Just a few days ago I've read an interesting article and it said that the ability to see Aether is linked to the newly discovered gene in the human DNA and in a few hundred years this ability will be widespread among the Earth's population. Here's the link www.aethereal.info if you're interested...

Link approved, but this in an old posting and the OP is no longer with us. For the information of our current members. Thanks.

Return to “Psychic”