Luna

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

al64

Luna

Post by al64 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:57 am

Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is the right board but here goes.
Seem to need some guidance on moon influences, but can't find anything.
Any help would be appreciated
L&L
Al

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:28 pm

I am not sure but I think they would know more about it in astrology... perhaps you could try one of those.....Good luck!!

al64

Post by al64 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:49 pm

Thanks Nyte

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:53 pm

No problem, any time!!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:50 pm

The moon has indicated random energies that affect anything from the tides to human affairs.  On the night of a full moon any ER would tell you there are more patients than any other night.  Also, having worked for an elevator company, one of the repaid men marked all full moon nights as not to sign up for work.  It was always busier - the moon affects electrical equipment.

al64

Post by al64 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:17 pm

It was always busier - the moon affects electrical equipment.
Thanks spiritalk, that's very interesting.
Thinking about this I realised that I have a file somewhere about someone who did some research on the full moon causing sleepwalking in some people. If I can find it, I'll post it on the thread.
L&L
Al :smt024

al64

Post by al64 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:30 pm

It was Karl von Reichenbach who discovered, after thousands of experiments, that sleepwalking was due to the influence of the moon
http://www.hbci.com/~wenonah/history/odenergy.htm

According to Wiki, 18% of the world's population is prone to sleepwalking - quite a serious problem. Other symptoms: sudden muscle cramps, crying and trembling
The link above is long but very interesting and those who have problems with this malady may find it helpful. As usual, the moon connection makes it out-of-bounds for doctors and shrinks.
L&L
Al :smt069

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:47 pm

The moon has indicated random energies that affect anything from the tides to human affairs.  On the night of a full moon any ER would tell you there are more patients than any other night.
About the ER-Luna connection, there was an article about astrological "experiements"...let me find it...

Okay.  This article claims that isn't the lumination of Luna itself, but her placement in her own cycle, the tenth and twenty-fifth day respectively, which is her apogee and perigee (farthest and closest position from the Earth).

The researchers found interesting ways to turn findings into "negative results." They found that the two peak crisis-call days of the lunar cycle were the 10th and 25th days, but that finding was considered "inconsistent with beliefs in folklore that more calls occur around the full moon." The fact that the peak number of calls occurred when the moon was near apogee was considered "contrary to theories of those who contend that the moon's tidal pull influences human behavior."
Last edited by Sei no Senshi on Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

al64

Post by al64 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:06 am

Hi Sei no senshi
Excuse me if I missed something, but I see no connection between this and my link? From my own reading, Reichenbach was in no way trying to prove or disprove any prior results, but just trying to find an answer to the problem of sleepwalking. His studies seem to show that it's the unique radiation emitted by moonlight that causes the problem as opposed to positive emanations from the sun.
I would like to see the link that you quote though.
L&L
Al

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:25 pm

That's because it didn't have anything to do with sleepwalking.  I said "ER-Luna connection", that's a reference to spirittalk's post.

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:40 pm

Sei no Senshi wrote:That's because it didn't have anything to do with sleepwalking.  I said "ER-Luna connection", that's a reference to spirittalk's post.
Hi everyone :)

It makes it much easier if the quote button, top right of a post is used, otherwise it is easy to get confused as to who is referring or talking to who :)

Thanks

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:57 pm

Good point.

Edited.

al64

Post by al64 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:19 pm

Sei no senshi wrote
Okay. This article claims that isn't the lumination of Luna itself, but her placement in her own cycle, the tenth and twenty-fifth day respectively, which is her apogee and perigee (farthest and closest position from the Earth).
This was the point of my reply, that Reichenbach found that it was the illumination and not gravitation that caused problems; at, or around the full moon.
He went to great length to eliminate electromagnetic and gravitational causes. Any study that does not take this into account is not an answer or a debunk to his findings.
I was looking at some files recently that record others who have followed his guidelines and found them to be valid. If I remember where they are I'll post them on this thread.
L&L
Al
:smt069

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:06 pm

I wasn't trying to debunk anyone's findings or anything like that.  It's just what spiritalk said about Luna and crisis calls in the ER reminded me of that article.  I just wanted to share...goodness.

By the way...how does one filter out electromagnetic and gravitational influences in reference to celestial bodies?

al64

Post by al64 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:32 pm

Sei no Senshi wrote:I wasn't trying to debunk anyone's findings or anything like that.  It's just what spiritalk said about Luna and crisis calls in the ER reminded me of that article.  I just wanted to share...goodness.

By the way...how does one filter out electromagnetic and gravitational influences in reference to celestial bodies?
I was just giving my reasons for my answer and confusion.
However, most celestial bodies have so little effect on the earth that measurement is impossible. This is not the case for the moon or the sun. They cause tides in the earth's crust that in turn create gravitational and electrical effects that can be measured. The electric field sensor, magnetometer, and gravimeter are some of the tools used.

I think it must have been my library angel, I bought a magazine today with an article about lunar effects causing strange behaviour in people and animals.

According to Michael Zimeki of the Polish Academy of Sciences there are incidences of increase in crime and hospital admissions at the time of full moon.

German scientists looked at police arrest reports for drunkenness - 16,495 offenders most of which were arrested at or around the time of full moon.

Armley Jail in Leeds UK maximum security wing found an increase in violence around the time of full moon.

Car insurance company found accidents 50 per cent more likely under full moon than new moon.

Australian, Robert Seeburger, astronomer and physicist said his team analysed 500,000 industrial accidents and found no link with lunar activity. I think industrial accidents are more to do with machines than people and so he's probably right.

Here's one for the astrologers:
"In summation, after more than 25 years of research in this field of solar system science, I can say without equivocation that there is very strong evidence that the planets, when in certain predictable arrangements, do cause changes to take place in those solar radiations that control our ionosphere."
- John H. Nelson, RCA Communications. Cosmic Patterns. 1974.

This guy was asked in the 1950's by RCA to find out why short wave radio communications were so bad at certain times and he found after 25 years that the cause was the position of the planets relative to each other in the solar system.

Hi spiritalk
I'm still looking for some electrical effects of the moon. I wish I had the date when our power-line blew up.

L&L
Al :smt069

Return to “Psychic”