Suicides?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Asila00

Suicides?

Post by Asila00 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:31 pm

Are people who committed suicide more or less likely to linger on our plain?

It does seem to me that they are often harder to contact once passed over?.

Just wondering what other views are on this..

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

No general rule about this which applies to all suicide victims

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:22 am

Could I please ask if you have known someone personally who took their own life, and/or are presently experiencing problems in reaching out to or communicating with them in a spiritual sense?

I strongly suspect that there are no general rules which equally apply to every single case of suicide, as to how long they will continue to linger near our own physical plane. They cannot actually linger on it, once they have left their physical body for the last time.

I believe that it would probably have a lot to do with what lessons were left incomplete when the person prematurely ended their own life, as well as the way in which they chose to extinguish the final spark of their most recent lifetime on Earth.

Some people when alive have always experienced communication difficulties with others (which may be a big part of the reason that they were not willing to reach out for help from loved ones), and this will not be any different once they have passed over.

One thing I do know for certain is that people who have become so desperate that they see suicide as their only viable option are treated with great compassion by beings of Light in the spirit world, in order that they will eventually be healed of their inner emotional pain.

Forget about those claims that people who do this will be consigned forever to be tormented in the flames of hell or purgatory for taking what is only God's right to take back, as there is nothing quite as painful as realising with the luxury of hindsight that there were other ways of solving their problems while still on Earth (but it is too late now), and watching the terrible legacy which they have left behind for those who still love them in both anger and guilt that they could not see it coming or stop it from happening (no matter how hard they might have tried).

Also do we beat up on people because they are depressed or mentally ill, as many but not all suicides are not enough of sound mind to be able to make such a critical decision on the spot?

EOT  :smt017

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:49 pm

Asila, maybe that is because they were so desperate to cut all ties with this world they do not want to make contact again?

I was really shaken to read the newspaper yesterday http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... ide123.xml Police fear internet cult inspires teen suicides.

When I was younger I worked helping people that were contemplating taking their own life and I wonder how many of them actually believed in life after death or re-incarnation and if perhaps the internet had sparked the idea that they could just stop this life and go and get another one?

This is a very good site for support http://www.papyrus-uk.org/

Asila00

Post by Asila00 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:53 pm

Yes, have known people in the past that have taken their own life, and year and a half ago I lost someone I was very close to. We always communicated well and were best friends/family.  Our communication was always open and honest except around the time he took his life.

I also fear, with the rise of spirituality, the pastures for some may look greener on the otherside.

I was raised a strict Baptist but as an adult, have leaned away from that. Feeling there is something more going on. Being raised Baptist, it was indicated that I was a taken over by Satan because I was having precognitive dreams.  I became afraid to even speak of the dreams I was having for fear of jusgement.

I accept this now as part of me. A glorious part that I want to learn more about. This was given to me at birth, by God, so who am I to say he made a mistake?

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Asila, You must have been absolutely devastated, I am so sorry about the loss of your friend.  I am sure he is at peace now xxxx

Asila00

Post by Asila00 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:35 pm

Thank you Lady of Avalon..

Yes, it was hard for me to understand, yet at the same time, I understand why he did what he did.

All is well though because I know he is still only a blink, a breath away.  :)

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:19 pm

Asila, You still have a lot of work to do here you know, so make sure that breath isn't too close! lol!  Have you tried contacting him yet?

Asila00

Post by Asila00 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:54 pm

I have....I have gotten confirnation thru another Medium, but I struggle at communication with him. I think I may be too emotional regarding the issue, but I think its just a matter of time.

Ever since he passed, he is one that I feel didnt go to far away....He still :feels: very close...weird, cant explain it right but I do think he is near.

:(   I think I still carry to much guilt for not "being there" when he was going through this. So I think maybe my guilt hinders the connection.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:45 pm

There is a big difference between attunement with an earth bound and one that has gone into the light.  Unfortunately a suicide will take a lot of time to actually go into the light due to the confusion of mind on death.  Even when they think they are doing the right thing, they are earth bound.  Let this one go in favour of spirit from the light.  Believe me there is a big difference.

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:43 pm

spiritalk wrote:  Unfortunately a suicide will take a lot of time to actually go into the light due to the confusion of mind on death.  Even when they think they are doing the right thing, they are earth bound.  
What makes you say that? How do you really know? Who is to say the state of anyone's mind? I think thoses comments are rather opinionated and presumptuous and do not have a firm factual base. They could also be rather hurtful to some whose loved ones have taken their own life. Personally I don't agree wth you at all.

Asila00

Post by Asila00 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:48 am

Kind of interesting you brought this up.

I was thinking today, why is it so easy to get contact from a lower spirit such as on the Ouija board? I dont understand why a spirit who has gone into the light would not have more power to overide one of the lower ones who entice and torment some of the people who seek contact in thst way?

I dont understand that.  Hmmmm....

wishiknew

Post by wishiknew » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:10 am

Asila00 wrote:Ever since he passed, he is one that I feel didnt go to far away....He still :feels: very close...weird, cant explain it right but I do think he is near.

:(   I think I still carry to much guilt for not "being there" when he was going through this. So I think maybe my guilt hinders the connection.
he IS close to you have no doubt about it

As to your guilt...I know it is real and I wish there was something I could say to help...well I'm going to say something :) hope it helps....

I would like you to stop and think about your friend before he passed over...why didn't he tell you his thoughts?  

he chose not to tell you because he didn't want to hurt you anymore than he was going to...you were ALWAYS there for him...and he loved you for it!!!!! that's why he is so close to you...he is sorry that he couldn't tell you but you would have tried to talk him out of it which would have caused you both more pain and heartache...

he is now happy, whole and with you always

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:22 pm

Asila00 wrote:Kind of interesting you brought this up.

I was thinking today, why is it so easy to get contact from a lower spirit such as on the Ouija board? I dont understand why a spirit who has gone into the light would not have more power to overide one of the lower ones who entice and torment some of the people who seek contact in thst way?

I dont understand that.  Hmmmm....
The ones who focus on and remain stuck to the earth plane can manipulate those energies easier than those who have gone to the light.  It is about energies and how they work from the material to the spirit.

Asila00

Post by Asila00 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:47 pm

Thank you Wishiknew.  That does bring me comfort :)

spiritalk wrote:
Asila00 wrote: The ones who focus on and remain stuck to the earth plane can manipulate those energies easier than those who have gone to the light.  It is about energies and how they work from the material to the spirit.
Spiritalk...Ok, I was thinking, is it easier for a lower spirit to rise to a higher vibration then a higher one to go lower? Kind of like you can only go higher on the otherside and not lower?

I spent the evening reading horror stories about Ouija experiences on another site. And it made me wonder why a Guide would not intervien.

Doe

Post by Doe » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:32 am

It's so cool how often I come here and find posts about things I've been thinking about!

The spirits I see and "hear", aside from a few who seem to have gone to the "light" and have come back with specific, higher, loving purposes, are of those who died sudden, "unnatural" deaths, and never got a chance to prepare or even know what happened to them.  That would include suicides.  My impression of people who commit suicide is that they are in complete blackness and can see no other way--not that they just figured that they'd have a better chance in a next life.  I can't even imagine what it must take to override the body's and mind's natural instinct to survive (which you can see even in the "lowest" life forms)--I don't believe that there's any way to kill oneself that doesn't involve trauma, pain, and terror; you'd have to be blind with an unrelenting despair to be able to do it.  I've had times where I've thought, "Well, my life totally sucks right now, and maybe it would be better to be dead," but I've never reached the point where I'd be able to see beyond the terror and violence involved and just end it.  (My father committed suicide when I was a small child; when I was younger I used to think, "Why didn't he care enough about me to stay alive? " Now I understand that he was incapable of thinking in those terms at that point.)  In other words, I can't imagine that anyone who takes his or her own life is making a "choice"; they just can't see any other option.  And, if they get to that point, almost nothing that anyone says or does is going to change it.  If someone you care about has committed suicide, you shouldn't feel that you failed him or her because you didn't say the magic words, or do the brilliant thing, that would have stopped him or her.  It's like trying to stop a runaway train.

I've also been thinking about who I think God/Goddess/Spirit(s)/the Creator might be, although I know that I'll never know--at least while I'm alive.  I was raised Catholic, but I no longer ascribe to any "religion" because I feel that no one can know for certain that one set of beliefs is superior to another.  But I still struggle with my ingrained idea of God as a grouchy, judgemental old man waiting to punish us for our "sins."  Catholics, as far as I understand, see suicide as a sin that will be punished.  I can't believe that that is the case.  People in that much pain would especially need to be cared for, and taken to a place where the pain can be taken away, and where they are loved.  I can't imagine a God so cruel and judgemental as to punish them, when they were obviously already in hell before they died.  A "sin" (whatever that means) is a choice, and I don't believe that suicide fits that criterion.

Just my opinion...

Doe

Return to “Psychic”