Does anyone else use Angel Cards?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Cascade of Light

Does anyone else use Angel Cards?

Post by Cascade of Light » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:32 pm

Hello,

I was wondering, I can see the Tarot area and the Psychic area but nowhere specifically for Angels or Angel Cards or Oracle Cards. I love both and have quite a few different decks.

Amongst my favourites are The Angel Therapy Oracle Cards which are beautiful and uplifting and have beautiful gold bound edges.

Does anyone else read angel cards or want to dicuss your favourite deck or ways to use them?

Thanks for listening :)
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi Cas

I do. Doreen Virtue's Messages from your Angels..... but I have to say I dont like the graphics. It comes across to me as too much Hollywood-ish...... too much of glamour and fashion model style... (I dont know if I am putting them correctly).

I like the messages, although I dont follow a layout or spread to give readings with them.

When i feel inclined after a reading, I ask the querent to pick an angel card.

Which one(s) do you use?

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:36 pm

I have that deck too and I know what you mean. I don't see angels as those big furry winged creatures either lol. The newer DV decks are really beautiful. Good quality and lovely gold edges, I think I have all of hers now lol, except the Saints one.

All of her messages are very uplifting and positive and great for comforting and particularly for self readings when we can just read the blurb lol.

I like pulling a daily Angel Card to set me up for the day. In fact would be nice if we could have a daily card thread with everyone contributing to the energy :)

I like to have a deck around me when I read too as often there are children about and it's nice to get them interested in cards at a young age. Or like you say get the seeker to choose a card to finish off a Tarot reading, especially as it signifies the end of the read :)

I quite like the original Angel Cards too by Kathy Tyler, just a single word for each day.
Cas x

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:54 pm

What is the title of the latest DV deck, the one you say you like - gold edges?

As angels, I do not wish to look at glamour women doing manicure and pedicure though... sorry.. :)

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:00 pm

ROFL, get you there! Doreen isn't much for women's lib it seems? But I like the feel of the cards. Have you looked at the Goddess Oracle? That has gold edges and so does the Angel Therapy one.
Cas x

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:22 pm

No, I have not seen any of the ones you've mentioned.

I dont know why though, I just dont think much of someone who puts Phd at the end of her name and even on her products (Doreen Virtue). She may have great cards, but....... nope, she is too much Hollywood if you ask me. Sorry.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:18 am

Anyone here actually like or use Angel Cards or Oracles then?
Cas x

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:23 am

Hmmmmmmm..... it looks like it's only me :smt017  which I don't believe to be the case.

I have tried to follow the spreads that came with my angel cards for readings..... but I did not find them to be the same as tarot cards.

How do you do yours?

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:45 am

I do have Doreen Virtue's cards, and I loved the feel of it as soon as I first opened my first deck = my Faerie coracle cards. I quite like how the faeries are portrayed. I'm an artistic type, and so I always like anything and whatever that is worthwhile. I also have another deck which is the Archangel Oracle deck. It came along with a CD on how to do a reading.

I don't know about you guys, but when I first opened my Archangel oracle deck and took a peek at the pictures it gave me a surge of hype, like I'm happy and hyper about it, excited etc...I do like the dynamics of the pictures portrayed, and yes, I usually don't see them as like that, but just being plain, simple, a close friend.

I usually just do a 3 card spread. Although I do a 5 card spread occasionally.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:06 pm

Amalimrock, I know exactly what you mean. There might not be the history with Angel Cards that is associated with Tarot but also there is the sheer simplicity and fun of using them. It would be fun to design our own deck don't you think? With drawings of how we seem the figures lol? I might try later as I have been experimenting with drawing people's auras with my new pen and tablet. If I can figure out how to draw freehand it might be interesting to see people's ideas of angels and auras :)
Cas x

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:13 am

I do have a tablet, and I've been drawing for quite a while with CG. I have deviantArt website if you need to know: http://linglijing.deviantart.com

I never thought of drawing angels and publishing yet, other than my spirit guide, whose picture is pasted up in the wall of my bedroom

starsign20002000

Post by starsign20002000 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:26 pm

I also use Doreen Virtue's Angel cards, they have the gold edges on them and also use Saints and Angles cards by Doreen Virtue.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:04 pm

Hi Starsign, What do you make of the Saints and Angels deck? Is it anything like the Angel Therapy cards?
Cas x

Whitelighter

High there

Post by Whitelighter » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:38 pm

Hello Cascade of Light,

I have just come onto this site, i do use the Angel cards, mainly i use Wisdom of Avalon cards. I do not ask people for questions, i just ask for their name, and let the cards give the answer to their problem.  I do mediate on the persons name using my guardian angel.

Love, light and blessings

Monica :smt059
There is no fear where there is love.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:34 am

Hi Monica,

Welcome to the forum :)  Lovely to have another person that uses angel cards, which deck do you use or have?  I love the Wisdom of Avalon cards too and have two sets, one of the original and one of the reprint, and I think I actually prefer the originals lol.
Cas x

Return to “Psychic”