Guardian angel or my imagination?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

weez_a

Guardian angel or my imagination?

Post by weez_a » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:16 am

Hi All,

I'm not sure if you're able to help me with this question, but I've become quite curious about the situation.

Every morning, at the same time a magpie taps on my window.  At first I thought nothing of it, but now that it's been happening for a number of months, I questioned whether it was a sign or a spirit of some kind.

Last week when I told my friend about my suspicions, I noticed the magpie stopped coming.

If anyone could shine some light on the situation, that would be great.

Thanks,

Weeza xoxo

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:13 pm

Ted Andrews wrote a book called Animal Speak.  Perhaps if you google it or another site for animal totems and/or guides  you would get some information.  

Animals coming around like that have something to say to us.  A magpie is about communication.  Perhaps there is something you could be doing to expand your communication - materially and spiritually?

Cascade of Light

Re: Guardian angel or my imagination?

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:34 pm

weez_a wrote:
Last week when I told my friend about my suspicions, I noticed the magpie stopped coming.
Did anything come of this? I was half expecting there to be a follow up because the magpie had delivered their message and you telling your friend opened a new door?

Cassie

sbelle

spirits use animals sometimes to communicate

Post by sbelle » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:04 pm

The indians believed that the spirit of animals or animal totems spoke to them. That they carry messages from the other side.  Many other people believe that birds especially are used as vessels to be able to interact with our world. Not only for messages but as in possession.

I for one believe that the indians had the right aspect of this subject.  when an animal wants to communicate and deliver a message from the other side, they will let us know in some strange mystical way, like tapping on windows.

I remember a story of mine that was quite unique.  I was walking along a walking path when a red fox made a big circle around me yet his eyes never left me.  Not to unusual, however what happened next was.  I was awed by this fox and went down on my knees and held out my had, palm down.  This fox slowly walked up to me and smelt my hand and let me pet his muzzle.  then turned and walked away.  to this day I don't know what the message was and am still trying to figure it out.  but I know what ever message he wanted to deliver he did it successfully although I consciously don't know what the message is, I am positive that my subconscious mind does.  The message I believe will be revealed to my conscious level when it is necessary for me to know.

So in your case you must have gotten the message you needed without a conscious knowledge and passed it on unknowingly.

Hope this helped you with understanding better.

Shelley

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:34 pm

Perhaps the message was...you have nothing to fear.  A fox may be considered a 'wild' animal and not to be petted.  And yet you did pet it.  There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

sbelle

Never thought of it that way

Post by sbelle » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:32 pm

You are absolutely right.  That would be the message.  So the next time someone gets a visit that doesn't make sense and then it stops the message is usually right there.  Telling someone else your experiences may just answer those mysterious unanswered questions.

Thank you for that.  however,  to answer the original question, the magpie is your totem as the fox is mine.  The message was delivered and so the magpie had no reason to return.  

Here is something I found on the magpie totem.  the link will also follow if you would like to read it. Actually very interesting.

Brief mythological associations:

There are many tales on the magpie available both on the internet and in publications. Further research will yield a trove of information on this creature. The magpie has a great many etiological tales and fables associated with it, such as the Finnish folktale of 'why the magpie has a long tail.' The magpie is generally seen as an ill-omen in many western societies, and a positive omen of love in many eastern communities. They are associated with witchcraft, magic, divination and prophecy. They are also associated with wight-lore, and the symbolism of bridges.

http://www.wildspeak.com/vilturj/totems/wmagpie.html

Shelley

Return to “Psychic”