Number of past lives

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Caryna

Number of past lives

Post by Caryna » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:12 am

(My question stems from a reading that the lovely MangoMom gave me a while ago.)  She sensed I have gone through "many lifetimes...around 15."

From what you believe, how many lifetimes or reincarnations do you think Baby Souls, Young Souls, Old Souls, etc. would have had behind them?
How many lifetimes would 'need' to be lived to be considered a Mature or Old soul?

Of course, here, it may be true that quality is more important than quantity but just out of interest, I'd like to know your opinions.  :)

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:45 am

I personally think the focus is wrong.

I think what count most is what you do with the life you are in now....what goals one put up....how we fulfill them and so on.

By focus on how many life we need, we take away focus from what is important, which is now, and it can also be used as a "sleeping pillow" or excuse that we can't achieve thing because we need more life.

Reincarnation, together with much else, is beliefs, and not fact.

If the belief is something that benefit you in this life, then the belief is good.

If the belief is something that prevent you from living to the full in this life, then the "belief is wrong"....again in my opinion or belief :)

If you believe that "old soul" gives you greater benefit in this life...well then we are all "old souls", and none can prove different.....we are all descendant of the first life on earth...and we all carry all our ancestors genes :)

Caryna

Post by Caryna » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:54 am

Hi Rhutobello. :) Thankyou for your words of wisdom.
But don't worry, I'm very grounded in the reality of my current life and will never use anything like past lives as an excuse for what I can/cannot achieve in this life. :)

I'm just asking this question out of mere curiosity...not to justify anything about me or my current existence.

sunmystic

Re: Number of past lives

Post by sunmystic » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:21 am

Caryna wrote:(My question stems from a reading that the lovely MangoMom gave me a while ago.)  She sensed I have gone through "many lifetimes...around 15."

From what you believe, how many lifetimes or reincarnations do you think Baby Souls, Young Souls, Old Souls, etc. would have had behind them?
How many lifetimes would 'need' to be lived to be considered a Mature or Old soul?

Of course, here, it may be true that quality is more important than quantity but just out of interest, I'd like to know your opinions.  :)
Caryna, the really old souls started at least back when the Earth was created. Or they might go back father because they just wandered in here and got stuck :) There seems to be several schools of thought about that :) and how old one's soul is also seems to depend on any given reader. The more readers that say you are an old soul :) the more likely there is that you are.

Caryna, you have created a cool topic and I can't hardly wait to see how it developes :) I am considered an old soul and I only go back 150,000 years :) . Where did everybody else go :) ? What happened!?

love you,

sunmystic

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:28 am

Rhutobello wrote:I personally think the focus is wrong.

I think what count most is what you do with the life you are in now....what goals one put up....how we fulfill them and so on.

By focus on how many life we need, we take away focus from what is important, which is now, and it can also be used as a "sleeping pillow" or excuse that we can't achieve thing because we need more life.

Reincarnation, together with much else, is beliefs, and not fact.

If the belief is something that benefit you in this life, then the belief is good.

If the belief is something that prevent you from living to the full in this life, then the "belief is wrong"....again in my opinion or belief :)

If you believe that "old soul" gives you greater benefit in this life...well then we are all "old souls", and none can prove different.....we are all descendant of the first life on earth...and we all carry all our ancestors genes :)
Rhuto :) welcome to "psychic"! Old souls are always a pain in the tush :) or they would be Saints and would be a gift to everybody :) and they are not!

Rhuto (ji :) ,which you actually are!), I love what you said! It was a gift!

love,

sunmystic

Caryna

Post by Caryna » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:01 am

sunmystic wrote: Caryna, the really old souls started at least back when the Earth was created. Or they might go back father because they just wandered in here and got stuck :) There seems to be several schools of thought about that :) and how old one's soul is also seems to depend on any given reader. The more readers that say you are an old soul :) the more likely there is that you are.

Caryna, you have created a cool topic and I can't hardly wait to see how it developes :) I am considered an old soul and I only go back 150,000 years :) . Where did everybody else go :) ? What happened!?

love you,

sunmystic
Sunmystic, thankyou for your reply as well!  :)

That's fascinating.
So 'Old Souls' can also refer to how long ago a person started, not necessarily how many times they've reincarnated or how much experienced they've gathered.
That widens the topic a lot more.

By the way, 150,000 years seems not only Old, but positively ancient!  :smt002
If you don't mind me asking, how many recincarnations do you feel you've had behind you throughout all that time? :)

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:47 pm

Caryna wrote:
sunmystic wrote: Caryna, the really old souls started at least back when the Earth was created. Or they might go back father because they just wandered in here and got stuck :) There seems to be several schools of thought about that :) and how old one's soul is also seems to depend on any given reader. The more readers that say you are an old soul :) the more likely there is that you are.

love you,

sunmystic
Sunmystic, thankyou for your reply as well!  :)

That's fascinating.
So 'Old Souls' can also refer to how long ago a person started, not necessarily how many times they've reincarnated or how much experienced they've gathered.
That widens the topic a lot more.

By the way, 150,000 years seems not only Old, but positively ancient!  :smt002
If you don't mind me asking, how many recincarnations do you feel you've had behind you throughout all that time? :)

Caryna :) I have no idea. After awhile they all start to blur together :)

Jesus is suppose to have done it the fastest that anybody has ever done it and He did it in 36 incarnations. They claim that He started out as Adam in the Garden of Eden. I met Him durring one of His encanations somewhere around 150,000 years ago (give or take a few thousand years) when He helped us part animal part people folk out of a very difficult situation. :)

The one thing that I can truly say about this reincarnation stuff is that I am tired of it and I do not want to do it anymore :)

love you,

sunmystic

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:16 pm

If that was so why does the Bible and New Testament not believe in, or lead others to believe in re-incarnation?  Do you really susbscribe to the idea of Adam and genesis too? But how can that be if you say 150,000, when homosapiens were little more than cave dwellers and thousands of years before The Garden of Eden had ever been created? Sounds like the realms of fiction somewhere here, and maybe science fiction? Are the star visitors next?

Caryna

Post by Caryna » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:53 pm

Thanks for your replies, sunmystic and Cascade of Light.

Sunmystic,
I must admit that I personally do not believe that the events in the Old Testement were actual...nor that life began with Adam and Eve.
What half animal half people are you referring to?
As far as reincarnations to, I hope that you get your 'rest' when you want it. ;)

Cascade of Light, what are you feelings on reincarnation and how many you feel you've had (if you believe it). :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:47 pm

cascade: The bible isn't the only historical document.  And perhaps not even the best of the lot.  So why would anything have to be included in the bible?

The bible is made up of 26+ manuscripts which were approved by the Catholic church.  The rest of the writings of antiquity were eliminated and left out of the final product.  There are also more than 26 known bibles in the world and counting I am sure.

History to most people is recorded by the bible, which is a mistake, leaving out 1,000s of years of human history on the earth plane.  Reincarnation is included in some writings and left out of others.  Why?  It is a controversy that will never be settled for you until your own personal death.  The thing is...I have writings that state the spirits have never met anyone who reincarnated?  So go figure!

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:53 pm

J,  You misunderstood whay I said that. The Bible, starts with genesis and Adam etc and then the New Testament has Jesus in it, so I assumed, perhaps wrongly that if those two points were used as markers it was a quite good bet that the rest of that book was followed or believed in too?

From your post I gather you do not believe in re-incarnation or for that matter re-birth?

Cassie

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:57 pm

Cascade of Light wrote:If that was so why does the Bible and New Testament not believe in, or lead others to believe in re-incarnation?  Do you really susbscribe to the idea of Adam and genesis too? But how can that be if you say 150,000, when homosapiens were little more than cave dwellers and thousands of years before The Garden of Eden had ever been created? Sounds like the realms of fiction somewhere here, and maybe science fiction? Are the star visitors next?
Cascade :) yours is a valid question. If Genesis is correct along with what science knows about things, then the Garden of Eden would have had to have existed over 65 million years ago. And if it was "The Flood" that took out the dinosaurs, then that would have to have been about 60 million years ago, which works out nicely if one adds a bunch of zeros to the ages of the "Begots" (6000 years becomes 60 million years. But then again "everybody" knows that a live span of several million years is not possible.).

Because the Earth has gone through so many changes since then, finding hard evidence is extremely difficult. Oh and they did find human footprints along with dinosaur footprints, but because "everybody" knows that that is not possible :) science doesn't know what to do with that evidence and is waiting for more evidence.

Now about the star people :) I do not trust them :) and I ain't going with them! But then that is just my opinion.

love,

sunmystic

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:23 pm

I have yet to see reincarnation in any way proven.  And for every past life described I can show you how spirit walks closely in your life and it is their essence you may be addressing.  We will all know at some distant time for sure.  

I do believe in an afterlife of continuity.  But it is also a growth place, we do not need to return to the earth plane for our continued growth and spirituality.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:52 am

spiritalk wrote:I have yet to see reincarnation in any way proven.  And for every past life described I can show you how spirit walks closely in your life and it is their essence you may be addressing.  We will all know at some distant time for sure.  
Can you give sme more information on this please? I am in two minds. The recollections and experiences of regression I have had have a unique quality, I could smell the adventure, I came back cut and dusty. Were they spirit memories I was being shown to help me understand then? Is that what you are saying?

Cassie

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:25 pm

I have had spirit walk so closely my whole body was being used and abused.  One of the past life 'readings' I received said an indian princess.  I have personal meditation experience with my guides and helpers of that native quality.  

Just to clarify....reincarnation has never shown any progressive states.  We all begin again as a baby, all past life experiences all but forgotten.  Now if life is progressive (and I see it is) how is that progressive life to life?

Return to “Psychic”