No Luck Meeting My Guide

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

johnswifey86

No Luck Meeting My Guide

Post by johnswifey86 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:19 pm

I've been doing begginers meditation for weeks now. And recently i've been meditating to meet my spirit guide. So far i've only done it four times and have had no luck at all. I created my sacred place, and thats where I go to meet my guide. I imagine sitting on a fallen tree trunk and I imagine a spot next to me for my guide...but he/she never comes. Am i doing something wrong? I mean if you are calling to your guide letting him/her know you want to make contact should'nt they come and make that contact? Plz help this is kinda driving me nuts, I am wondering if I have a guide and if I do; do they just not want to make contact w/ me?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:05 pm

It would appear that you want them to come and sit down and be there in body.  Perhaps our expectations spoil what actually happens.  

It is about an energy change - has the energy changed at all?  I would have to say yes it has and you are not attuned to that subtelty.

Sit quiet, accept that they are there - then ask for an answer to your own questions.  It is amazing what will happen.  You are there and so is your guide - just trust your own energies.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:40 pm

Maybe you are trying to contact one guide when infact none exists? Perhaps you should open your heart to all and see if you connect that way, sometimes expecting a 'guide' to contact you is unreal. Do you believe in guides then? Do you think then necessary?

sunmystic

Re: No Luck Meeting My Guide

Post by sunmystic » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:58 pm

johnswifey86 wrote:I've been doing begginers meditation for weeks now. And recently i've been meditating to meet my spirit guide. So far i've only done it four times and have had no luck at all. I created my sacred place, and thats where I go to meet my guide. I imagine sitting on a fallen tree trunk and I imagine a spot next to me for my guide...but he/she never comes. Am i doing something wrong? I mean if you are calling to your guide letting him/her know you want to make contact should'nt they come and make that contact? Plz help this is kinda driving me nuts, I am wondering if I have a guide and if I do; do they just not want to make contact w/ me?
JW, there is a spirit guide (at least one) for everybody. So yes you have a spirit guide :)

You first question to your spirit guide should be, "What is your name?" The first name that comes into your mind is the name of your spirit guide. And that name is your connection to that guide. Ok? Once you have the name you can then always access your spirit guide by saying that name. From there it is just a matter of getting to know each other.

JW you need a name :) that name separates the mind of your spirit guide out from the millions of minds that are functional in creation and the spirit world.

love,

sunmystic

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Cascade: when we open to all and sundry that is what we get - all and sundry.  There is no special relationship that allows us to build up and maintain a partnership in mediumship.  And in which case, it would certainly be good to 'test the spirits' because they may not come in the natural law of attraction.

sunmystic:  names are a funny thing.  If our guide gives us a name, then we use it to attune to in our exercises, and then that guide moves on - who would come when we called the name that is no longer in use?  Using the energy signature is so much more important - it allows us to learn the sensitivities within and also to connect on an energy signature.  We all have our own energy signature, just like our fingerprints being unique to us as individuals.  So also spirit.

JW:  I note you have been practicing for weeks now.  Some mediums practice for months and years before they are satisfied with their own personal energy connection.  Be patient with yourself and spirit guides.

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:09 pm

spiritalk wrote:Cascade: when we open to all and sundry that is what we get - all and sundry.  There is no special relationship that allows us to build up and maintain a partnership in mediumship.  And in which case, it would certainly be good to 'test the spirits' because they may not come in the natural law of attraction.

sunmystic:  names are a funny thing.  If our guide gives us a name, then we use it to attune to in our exercises, and then that guide moves on - who would come when we called the name that is no longer in use?  Using the energy signature is so much more important - it allows us to learn the sensitivities within and also to connect on an energy signature.  We all have our own energy signature, just like our fingerprints being unique to us as individuals.  So also spirit.

JW:  I note you have been practicing for weeks now.  Some mediums practice for months and years before they are satisfied with their own personal energy connection.  Be patient with yourself and spirit guides.
Spirit Talk you are a professional medium :) You make a living talking to "the spirits". And you guys also work in a group reality with religious training and guidance. JW is not a professional or a medium, she is by herself,  and she will probably never make a living or even be a "curiousity" as a medium. And I am sure that if you hauled JW off to one of your religious gatherings that she would have a spirit experience.

If she has been doing this for weeks with no results then there is something wrong with what you are teaching her. Finding a spirit guide is not "rocket science". And there is one for everybody and everybody has one.

Ok :) I am calming down :) and taking my gun off half cock.

Yes all enities have an energy signature and yes all of these energy signatures are different for each individual enity. And yes we learn to recognize different enities by their energy signature.

Now, JW already has a personal spirit guide, everybody does. It is that inner voice that talks to her sometimes. Some folks call it their spirit guide and some folks call it the intuitive mind. Oh no, the intuitive mind just said that you and I are talking about two different things :) I am talking about a "life" guide and you are talking about a "door to the spirit world". Ok :)

I agree with everything that you said SpiritTalk when it comes to a "door to the spirit world." And I think that JW should be going to a Spiritualist Church and be under their guidance. JW should not be doing what she is attempting to do at home. It is way too dangerous in my opinion :)

sorry about the first part of this post :)

love,

sunmystic

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:35 pm

I agree that it is difficult to work on your own.  But so many these days are doing so.  So with that in mind, I do try to help give advice that is solid and that works.  

Attending a Spiritualist centre or a good meditation group with a teacher is the best course.  Having a good teacher is important.

Being patient is the hardest lesson we all learn.  I love giving it in a reading, because I have none to call upon myself.  LOL

My inner conscience is what I saw as a guide for me.  Remember the old cartoon characters of an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other, whispering in your ear.  We can still choose who to listen to for our direction.

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:45 pm

spiritalk wrote:I agree that it is difficult to work on your own.  But so many these days are doing so.  So with that in mind, I do try to help give advice that is solid and that works.  

Attending a Spiritualist centre or a good meditation group with a teacher is the best course.  Having a good teacher is important.

Being patient is the hardest lesson we all learn.  I love giving it in a reading, because I have none to call upon myself.  LOL

My inner conscience is what I saw as a guide for me.  Remember the old cartoon characters of an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other, whispering in your ear.  We can still choose who to listen to for our direction.
:) I love you! And your advise about me going off half cocked is changing me :) God but I hate good advice :) I just know I do :) !

And if they are going to try it at home talking to you is a very good idea! :) Stepping through the door into the spirit world without a good (stable) spirit guide can really mess one up.

love you,

sunmystic

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:04 pm

I would like to also throw this out there, "The Spiritualist Churches as a group are working together to create a set of proofs that make what they do a valid gift to others."

And they are creating as a gift to humankind/mankind a "Psychic Police" force of their own that will be a gift to humankind/mankind.

Ok?

What most of the Spiritual Churches do is real. The problem is that anyone can do anything and claim that it is real. If SpiritTalk goes to a Spiritualist Church and says that what is going on in that church is real :) then I will believe it! Because she is real and a learned professional at what she does.

Yes, she and I disagree about some stuff :) but I do not argue that she is actually a learned professional at what she does. And that what it is that she does, needs to be done. Because it does!

love,

sunmystic

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:34 pm

The problem is...in most Spiritualist Churches, just as in the rest of the population, there are not many people without ego who will encourage and teach development to budding mediums.  There are jealousies and other problems, just as in any group of people.  But for the main, the Spiritualist Church and its many doors are open to development.  After all, they need mediums to work their services - what better mandate!  

This we do in person at our location as well as use the internet when we can.  I sincerely hope it helps along the way.

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:25 pm

spiritalk wrote:The problem is...in most Spiritualist Churches, just as in the rest of the population, there are not many people without ego who will encourage and teach development to budding mediums.  There are jealousies and other problems, just as in any group of people.  But for the main, the Spiritualist Church and its many doors are open to development.  After all, they need mediums to work their services - what better mandate!  

This we do in person at our location as well as use the internet when we can.  I sincerely hope it helps along the way.
good, now that we have that said we can go back to arguing about stuff :)

I do love you,

sunmystic

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:05 pm

SpiritTalk I have noticed that most mediums are not that psychic. And it seems that the more psychic that a person is the harder it is for them to be a medium. I think you said something about "Too open."

When one is somewhat telepathic and empathic there is alot of living mind noise going on out there and each mind has its own energy signiture or spirit personality. Tuning all of this out is or can be very difficult if one wishes to be a channel for a spirit guide to work through. Born mediums do not have this problem :) they were born focusing only on the door and they usually grew up talking to "spirits".

True telepaths and empaths grew up talking to/being affected by the minds and the spirit personalities of the living things around them. I feel that people who "want" to be mediums need to understand that there are alot of folks out there that are just not genetically inclined to be true mediums and that they personally might be one of those people. :)

love,

sunmystic

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:00 pm

sunmystic wrote: I feel that people who "want" to be mediums need to understand that there are alot of folks out there that are just not genetically inclined to be true mediums and that they personally might be one of those people. :)

love,

sunmystic
I was going to say that many psychics do not believe in life after death or spirits... but when I reread your post you said 'wannabe mediums', slightly different but I thought I would add my point anyway :)

Cassie

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:09 pm

sunmystic wrote:SpiritTalk I have noticed that most mediums are not that psychic. And it seems that the more psychic that a person is the harder it is for them to be a medium. I think you said something about "Too open."

When one is somewhat telepathic and empathic there is alot of living mind noise going on out there and each mind has its own energy signiture or spirit personality. Tuning all of this out is or can be very difficult if one wishes to be a channel for a spirit guide to work through. Born mediums do not have this problem :) they were born focusing only on the door and they usually grew up talking to "spirits".

True telepaths and empaths grew up talking to/being affected by the minds and the spirit personalities of the living things around them. I feel that people who "want" to be mediums need to understand that there are alot of folks out there that are just not genetically inclined to be true mediums and that they personally might be one of those people. :)

love,

sunmystic
Actually had to come back and applaud this post! (note to starman - Which is unusual and worth a mention because I thought me and thee were on totally different planets lol)

I always wonder about those that say - everyone is psychic- I am not so sure. I have been holding workshops for several years now and sadly some people cannot learn, cannot pick up, and cannot increase their sensitivity. They do however go away happier but not particularly psychic. There are a few special students however that are amazing, it's like they needed to take my class to be given the ok to just Be, to do what they know they can, to be talented, gifted, psychic :) They just needed me to hold the door open and they happily skiipped through, breathed a sigh of relief that they were not nuts and that the world is open and full of possibilities!

Thanks

Cassie :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:26 pm

All mediums start out psychic.  It is the senses that we all have and use in our material existence that are expanded or opened to the psychic/sensitivity of our nature.  (adding 2 more intuition from the gut and I know from the heart rounds out the talent).  So when we start development it is about our own 5 senses.

Have you ever told a psychic that smells and tastes are as important as seeing and hearing?  It tends to make them stop and realize they have been impressed on more levels of their being than they realized.  Smells are a common phenomena in my circles as I get them all the time.

When we believe in and attune to the spirit realms and our own partner/guide we can use all those senses again to understand what they are bringing for our message.  Many budding psychic/medium tends to see colors swirling first.  So they then begin to form their own version of what the colors mean as well as any symbols.  

The psychic and mediumship are tied inextricably together.  While one can be a psychic without using mediumship, a medium uses the psychic senses as well through their guide.

I have never met too many people that do not believe in an afterlife - but I am presuming as we all have these senses there must be some who can exercise their psychic abilities without a belief in an afterlife.  Psychics are more inclined to work with the material energies rather than the unseen energies.  Perhaps that is  how some budding psychics get caught up in the wrong psychic instruction.

Return to “Psychic”