Reading for Self

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

spiritalk

Reading for Self

Post by spiritalk » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:41 pm

A question was raised about having a reading by a young person on another thread.  I had a comment so I will open this to others:

Why can a psychic not read themselves?  

IME we can not read ourselves because the Why of our development has more to do with service to others than an added insight into ourselves.  The spiritual and spirit work must come from our own education and practices/experiences to form building blocks of character.

Even some of the tools like cards, crystals, pendulums, etc. can not be relied upon when the question is for self.  There are really no shortcuts in life to learning and growing the old fashioned way - through trial and error.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:01 pm

Nice thread !

I dont agree with this bit though...
Even some of the tools like cards, crystals, pendulums, etc. can not be relied upon when the question is for self
....  of course they can it is all a matter of how they are read and how we think they get their message. Perhaps toolslike The I-Ching may be better or simple Angel cards, things that have the message or answer ritten clearly on them.

Perhaps in the case of a younger person the question is even more important though, should young people really be denied readings?

Cassie

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:39 pm

Sometimes when we get answers we can never be sure if it is our 'wish' bone or a true 'psychic' answer.  No matter how we read for self it is always difficult because we must be willing to open all the self to the response.  

I just read something on Chinese Astrology and the number of people that said 'thats not me' was phenomenal.  I wonder...do we really know ourselves well enough to say that is not our focus?  Are we willing to accept the answers right in front of us?

As to whether or not to read young people, that is a site choice.  I leave that balance to them to figure out.  (Real cop out eh? lol).  I am sure there must be places where the reader has to post a sign 'For Entertainment Purposes' and in which case to do a young person would require parental permission.

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:21 pm

spiritalk wrote:Sometimes when we get answers we can never be sure if it is our 'wish' bone or a true 'psychic' answer.  
That's imo the answer: our emotions - our desires and our fears - kick in with the question as much as with any querent. And feeling all of them while we read and try to neutrally make out the meaning out of the several possibilities available to us makes us second guess ourselves... "hmm, does that come from desire? Or is that my fear speaking now?" What helps though is to stock up the info I "see", and then start to write it down in a document on the laptop, just as I would for a querent that's not myself. I even would write "you" to refer to myself, as if I'm speaking to myself as another person. The writing down of a reading (dreams, tarot) helps big time in that. I never had that reading problem when meditating, and I think part of that is because the method I use requires me to speak out loud to tell what I'm seeing, experiencing, hearing, etc... Often by describing the journey's visions I understand which insight they're supposed to give me. Since during a meditation session I speak as I see, there hardly ever is a self-doubt

It can be done, but it needs some aid for yourself to put on the reader cloak and lay aside the querent cloak.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:38 pm

When discussing some real and valid psychic abilities and their unfoldment we may find the first query might be the 'why' of it all.  Why do you want to be a psychic?  Will it enhance some need within self?  Or do you truly wish to help others?  

While we can and do meditate on our problems, the solutions come from our inner heart knowing rather than the psychic abilities that help us to do this service for others.  The work to achieve this spirituality is truly our own.

Return to “Psychic”