Psychic Abilities

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Horser55

Psychic Abilities

Post by Horser55 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:38 pm

Hello! First off I'd like to start by saying I'm new here - to the whole world of psychic anything really. I was raised in a strong christian home and never really got to dabble in learning about other things. Now however, I have been exploring the world of psychics, tarot, numerology etc. and it fascinates me! I would like to learn as much as I can and I've been browsing through the forums and reading a lot. I was wondering though, how can I tell if I have any psychic ability? I would love to be able to find out if I have some, hone it and help people. If I have no ability is there any hope for me in the world of psychics other than to just have people do my readings? >.o

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:18 pm

1.  Have you ever met someone you felt like you knew them before they even spoke?

2.  Have you been somewhere and it seemed to have a familiar 'feel' although you knew you had never been before?

3.  Is there just more than the 5 senses can register in life?

Examine your own growth to this point in life.  'Something' led you to explore the psychic abilities and tools.  Could you be opening an energy door that was already in place?

Read up on the notes in Mediumship Development under the Mystic Academy and see what resonates with your own development.

God bless, J

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:29 pm

:) Hi, Horser! There are esoteric abilities you can learn, and then develop your intuition through use of the basic techniques, like astrology and Tarot, which are quite well structured. It just takes time and a little effort and you are off.

I have no psychic sensations myself and that doesn't stop me from trying to help others understand their dreams, since I learnt how to analyze mine, or to use the Tarot which I like so much.

There are many amazingly talented people on this board. Learn from them but don't feel intimidated or obliged to be like them one day. We each have our own unique abilities and you will surely find yours sooner rather than later.

Enjoy!  :smt002

Horser55

Post by Horser55 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:14 pm

I have had feelings of being somewhere before, but never having actually been there. Hasn't happened much with people but I've always heard that I'm a "people person" - there are few that I don't connect with....

Thank you both very much for your insights ^_^

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:22 pm

Psychic abilities are all about energies.  We start with the 5 senses (sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch - tactile and emotional) and add 2 more (Intuition from the gut and I know form the heart) as we take them into a psychic sensitivity within our own being.  

I say to my students I want them to see out of their big toe.  Why?  Because it is on a flow of energy and we must be sensitive in each and every aspect of ourself.  After all, skin is the largest organ of them all and it can take those sensitivities anywhere.

Then there are tools (your own body included) such as cards, crystal balls, psychometry, etc. that help to open those sensitivities to a message or words that just seem to come to your head.  Hearing may not be from the ear so much as a word that crosses your mind unbidden.

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi Horser :) I have seen your picture so I can honestly say that you do have psychic abilities. Basically you have them all. It is just that your abilities are more stable than most folks who have them, so these abilities don't just jump out all over the place and basically be a nuisance to you.

So far in your life when you have needed these abilities they were there for you and the rest of the time they just sit quietly.

love,

sunmystic

Horser55

Post by Horser55 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Sunmystic you have been so helpful! I appreciate your comments! Do you have any ideas / advice on how I can ... "notice them"... for lack of a better phrase. I want to be able to be aware of them

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:42 pm

Horser55 wrote:Sunmystic you have been so helpful! I appreciate your comments! Do you have any ideas / advice on how I can ... "notice them"... for lack of a better phrase. I want to be able to be aware of them
Horser I have posted a picture on this forum, in the topic, "Developing your psychic abilities..." just for you :)

Feel yourself wearing the golden helmet that the person in the picture is wearing and then if you can, discribe what you experienced. And then we will have a look at things :) just for fun. Ok?

love,

sunmystic

Horser55

Post by Horser55 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Hm...interesting. I started to feel........dizzy I believe

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:14 pm

When you are trying to open to the psychic you are using all your senses.  It would appear there is a blockage among them if you feel dizzy.  

While some people like to use the chakra openings, no matter how you do it, see all the energies on a flow throughout your body, mind, spirit.  In that way they can flow unobstructed.

It might be a good idea to find a good meditation circle in your own area so that you can get instant help when experimenting.  While experimentation is fun, it can open you with no means of closure if you have not been vigilent to your own protections and grounding.

Horser55

Post by Horser55 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:55 am

A good friend of mine meditates. I'll try and give it a go.

johnswifey86

Post by johnswifey86 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi Horser...I am new to this board and new to honing in on my abilities. You will definately learn alot from some of the people on this board. They have given me alot of good advice. I've read many books on psychic abilities and all of them say that everyone has abilities, but not everyone is born w/ them fully working. But you can definately work on them and get them going. Just stay positive about it and know you can do it. But don't try to hard, like I did. I was concentrating on it so hard I was hendering myself from really being able to open them up. But when I let go and stopped forcing it, it started to flow alot easier. And read, read everything you can. Good luck and i'm sure you will be able to know, feel, hear, and see things you never could before. : )

Celestial Beginnings

Re: Psychic Abilities

Post by Celestial Beginnings » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:06 pm

Horser55 wrote:Hello! First off I'd like to start by saying I'm new here - to the whole world of psychic anything really. I was raised in a strong christian home and never really got to dabble in learning about other things. Now however, I have been exploring the world of psychics, tarot, numerology etc. and it fascinates me! I would like to learn as much as I can and I've been browsing through the forums and reading a lot. I was wondering though, how can I tell if I have any psychic ability? I would love to be able to find out if I have some, hone it and help people. If I have no ability is there any hope for me in the world of psychics other than to just have people do my readings? >.o
Just from reading this thread, I would say you have the empathy ability.  Empathy, which literally translates as 'in feeling', is the capability to share and understand another's emotions and feelings. It is often characterized as the ability to "put oneself into another's shoes".  Another definition of empathy is:  the ability to project one's own personality into the personality of another in order to understand him/her better. Usually, there are 3 level in communication : what is said, what is meant, the emotional need being expressed. When you see the world from the another perspective you can be sensitive to his/her joy and suffering whereas in the case of sympathy, you will only be sensitive to the suffering.

Based on this I would recommend you do some research into the empath ability and your options as a spiritual healer using this ability.  Empathy is one of the best abilities to have if you seek develop your ability as the basis of a business.  For example, while you are developing your empathic ability on your own, you might also want to consider formal schooling in Metaphysics. I can recommend a home study college that upon completion of your Doctorate in Metaphysics (I.E. - Horser, M.D.) also grants you Oridination in the realm of metaphysics (I.E. - Rev./Father/Priest Horser, M.D).  You could then use your ability to provide spiritual counseling (not psychological - that's a different degree from a more traditional college) or spiritual healing (reiki, chakra, aromatherapy etc) as a business.  Just drop me a personal message on here.

I would say more but I have to go, the TWINS are fussing....

Horser55

Post by Horser55 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:32 pm

Celestial,

you bring up a very interesting point - people have always told me I'm a "people person" my mother always wanted me to be a counselor. That sounds like a spirit healer would be a good thing for me, but is there really a market for something like that?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:36 pm

When you start delving into the world of healing, you will find many modalities present themselves.  There are alternate healers doing a good business these days as more get disillusioned with mainstream medicine and its practitioners.  Research your own interests.

Return to “Psychic”