Hearing things upon waking

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Cactus

Hearing things upon waking

Post by Cactus » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:18 pm

I was wondering what you all thought of "hypnopompic" sounds & images. I have very vivid hypnagogic images (before falling asleep) and am suddenly experiencing a TON of hypnopompic (as you are waking up) sounds. Weird stuff like fireworks REAL loud as I'm waking up and then actually wide awake. I'll still be hearing these sounds.

One night an alarm went off on my phone around 3 a.m. I was confused because I never set the alarm AT ALL (let alone at 3 a.m.) AND because my phone was turned off (cell phone). I know I heard it.

I hear high pitched kids' voices as I wake up in the middle of the night and think that my kids are up. I start getting frustrated that they're up waayyy too early and then realize, as I'm wide awake that I don't hear a peep and they are not up at all!

I've heard other stuff as well. I'm not scared or anything but as I'm trying to figure out my hypnagogic images (they're getting clearer) I'm suddenly bombarded with hearing all this stuff. It's truly wild.

And one night I woke up and SMELLED bacon and eggs (it was 2 or 3 am of course) and lord did it smell wonderful! Has anyone had the hearing or smelling upon waking up? Is that a part of clairaudience? I'm confused.

I know I do have some clairaudience going on aside from this stuff but I'm not sure where the sounds when I'm waking up falls into or if it's common.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:11 pm

For years I have heard my hubby call me to wake up - even when he doesn't call.  And he is not avialable now to call from my home.
God bless, J

happyme

Post by happyme » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:50 pm

I remembered hearing the loud shouting and quarreling  of a man and woman while the woman was pushing him out of her home, before going in a paralysis state where my body was asleep and my mind still awake. I think I was probably about to go astral, but it was so intense that I forced myself to wake up fully  and go and check on my brother and ask him if he heard anything, and he said he didn't. I know spiritalk is going to tell me to aim higher than astral. :)

I also been hearing singing occasionally not too long after I wake up in the morning. I think that is the presence of angels though. I lean heavily on them, so I get a lot of activity from them.

It sounds like you are getting a lot of spirit activity though. It doesn't sound like anything negative, but if it makes you feel uncomfortable you can try telling it to go away or shield yourself from it. But if not you should enjoy it, I think it is a beautiful thing to be so sensitive to their energies. :)

Yeah your def experiencing clairaudience, clairvoyance, and clairalience. Sounds like you have a lot of potential to become a great medium if youre not one already. This is spiritalk's field, you should lean on her for guidance and support. ;)
Last edited by happyme on Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

happyme

Post by happyme » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:53 pm

spiritalk wrote:For years I have heard my hubby call me to wake up - even when he doesn't call.  And he is not avialable now to call from my home.
That is so sweet and touching.  :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:00 pm

Trusting what we receive is important.  It is not imagination when it happens and trusting that energy of manifestation is when we can grow with it.
God bless, J

happyme

Post by happyme » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:31 pm

Spiritalk, your wisdom speaks to me.  :)

CuriousMe

Post by CuriousMe » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:32 am

I actually stayed the night at a friend of mines. He complains about feeling he's being watched at night. It doesn't seem to bother him too much other than he has trouble falling asleep.

Anyway when i stayed over just as i was beginning to fall asleep in that state where you are conscious yet your body is asleep, i heard a very real growl in my face. It was an unnerving experience to say the least. I've never had any clairaudient or clairvoyant experiences, or any psychic experience what so ever. I'm not sure whether to deny this experience and say it was just a dream, but i did wake up immediately when i heard it so it wasn't imagined.

(we also watched Paranormal Activity earlier lol could have played a part, but i knew of his complaints before that)

Not to take away from the original poster, i especially envy your smelling bacon  :smt005 but i was curious on your opinions.

L & L,
-CuriousMe

Alchemyst

Post by Alchemyst » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:50 pm

I'm hipnagogic and hipnopompic too! At least once in a week I experience strange sounds and visuals. I once hear poetry and it was soooo good, and music also! Thought with the good stuff comes the bad stuff. Almost everytime I'm in a hipnagogic state I experience dark shadows, smoke-like shadows, buzzing in my years, winds and screams sometimes.

Return to “Psychic”