Very strange smells

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Joann23

Very strange smells

Post by Joann23 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:13 pm

I would like to speak with someone I have psycic abalities and I dont know how to use them

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:37 pm

A little training and development would not go amiss.  Everyone has the capacity to be psychic.  We begin with the 5 senses (seeing, hearing, smell, taste, touch - tactile and emotional)used in the material mind and we add 2 more:  intuition from the gut and I know from the heart as we take them to the psychic sensitivities.  

One of the things strongly amiss in psychic circles could be said to be integrity and ethics.  Knowing what to say and how and when is very important.  There is a responsibility to what you say.
God bless, J

KingAcePD

Post by KingAcePD » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 am

Lately, I've been noticing my psychic sense of smell to be sharpening.
I would smell things out of the clear blue. In the past month, I've smelled coffee, that sick-cough smell, blood, and some other food, I forgot.

The smell is more often accompanied with a taste.

I would have these smell/tastes all the time when I was little. I could even force it to happen, but I lost it over the years.

I guess it's only beginning to resurface now due to my spiritual awakening. I believe I'm entering anew phase in my life, I feel like I'm being reborn in a sense. But I also have this weird habit of smelling things a lot. I like to smell books, leather, rubber, anything interesting. Even if the smell if repulsive, I endure it long enough to get a good sense of it's smell. I don't know why but I find it interesting. I started doing this last year, now I'm having these smell/taste senses. Maybe that's how you strengthen it.

I also agree with spiritalk. I try real hard to watch what I say at times and have a certain respect for my gift as to certain other things. This simple but powerful mind frame can go a long way.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Smells are closely related to memories.  And they can bring some wonderful memories of loved ones.
God bless, J

Autumn Rose

Post by Autumn Rose » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:18 am

KingAcePD wrote:Lately, I've been noticing my psychic sense of smell to be sharpening.
I would smell things out of the clear blue. In the past month, I've smelled coffee, that sick-cough smell, blood, and some other food, I forgot.

The smell is more often accompanied with a taste.

I would have these smell/tastes all the time when I was little. I could even force it to happen, but I lost it over the years.

I guess it's only beginning to resurface now due to my spiritual awakening. I believe I'm entering anew phase in my life, I feel like I'm being reborn in a sense. But I also have this weird habit of smelling things a lot. I like to smell books, leather, rubber, anything interesting. Even if the smell if repulsive, I endure it long enough to get a good sense of it's smell. I don't know why but I find it interesting. I started doing this last year, now I'm having these smell/taste senses. Maybe that's how you strengthen it.

I also agree with spiritalk. I try real hard to watch what I say at times and have a certain respect for my gift as to certain other things. This simple but powerful mind frame can go a long way.

Is this not something that everyone can do?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:35 pm

Because someone calls them gifts (I prefer to call them talents, skills or abilities) does not mean they are common to only one person.  All psychic abilities are available to everyone.  But the particular talent is unique to the individual.  We are all unique individuals.

Perhaps just enjoy your own talents and see where the psychic aspect can take you.
God bless, J

Autumn Rose

Post by Autumn Rose » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:25 am

I am not quite sure I understood what you said, but what I meant was I thought that was something that everyone could do. I didn't now it was anything that involved a skill. It comes natural to me too, so I just assumed that it was a thing that everyone could do. After reading this thread on it, it made me think it isn't. My previous post was kind of like saying "Hey, I can do that too, does that mean I have a skill that doesn't come easy to everyone?" without actually having to say it.

Autumn Rose

Post by Autumn Rose » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:27 am

I am not quite sure I understood what you said, but what I meant was I thought that was something that everyone could do. I didn't now it was anything that involved a skill. It comes natural to me too, so I just assumed that it was a thing that everyone could do. After reading this thread on it, it made me think it isn't. My previous post was kind of like saying "Hey, I can do that too, does that mean I have a skill that doesn't come easy to everyone?" without actually having to say it.

nighthawk

Post by nighthawk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:27 am

I agree with spiritalk. It is natural to everyone, but it does take study, practice and skill to use it well. For example, most everyone knows how to run and can do it if they want to. Those that have more natural talent for it and develop it can become olympic runners. Some people are better at one thing than another, say swiming rather than running though both take physical conditioning to do well. Also, there are some that will totally ignore what their talent may be. Such as that same potential olympic runner deciding that they do not want to, or cannot at this time develop their talent and instead become accountants to pay the rent.

Elgina

It is highly resourceful

Post by Elgina » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:06 am

I want to share with you all something..

My eye power is quite high. Cylindrical and spherical + axis problem...Due to this sometimes i have the tendency to overlook the word letters.

My ears are also very weak... Since from my paternal side we have a hereditary deafness problem....

But, due to these deficiencies...I am blessed with a very strong smelling power....

My nose is reasonably sharp....

I believe my nose faculty is my gifted sense organ....

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:26 pm

It has been shown that when one sense diminishes, one or more of the others grow stronger.
God bless, J

Return to “Psychic”