Derren Brown?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

GreenMacaw

Derren Brown?

Post by GreenMacaw » Mon May 10, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi,

I've been trying to learn to read auras.  Sometimes I get a sense of colour and sometimes not, but I've been finaly coming up with results when I am reading for people as practice- when they don't just laugh at me.  :(
But I've seen this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZcVCgd8nrA
This guy says he isn't psychic, but he's much better than I am at reading.  Is he actually psychic, or am I going badly wrong, or what?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue May 11, 2010 2:13 am

There are people who are extremely adept at face reading, body language and have a real talent as observers.  Suppose with the demeanor of the client they gave away how they were feeling by the way they walked in and did not smile or otherwise indicate joy in their demeanour.  There are body language tips of dejection (rounded shoulders, smile not reaching the eyes, ) As to the cats, an observer may have seen a cat hair or two on her clothes.  

Everything is not always as it seems.  LOL
God bless, J

Crystalstar2010

Post by Crystalstar2010 » Tue May 11, 2010 2:24 pm

I don't understand why you're comparing yourself to Derren Brown and worrying because of that.

Derren Brown doesn't profess to be a psychic. He states that he uses psychology etc.

Did you see his programme on that psychic last night?

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Mon May 24, 2010 2:41 pm

I saw the programme and loved it!   Especially when Derren said that the mediums sister lived next door to the lady he had chosen to read for lol, some coicidence that was eh?

Derren is an artist, he does say he isn't psychic because to him a 'psychic' is a fortune teller or someone that sees the future, and those are what he doesn't believe in so to him being called a psychic is an insult.

Green Macaw just take it slow and keep practicing your aura reading, and slowly your confidence will improve and your readings get more accurate :) Do you read pictures? That ios great practice :)

Cassie
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

kets999

Learning Psychic Reading

Post by kets999 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:40 pm

Please can somebody help me to understand where should I start learning Psychic abilities?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 26, 2010 1:42 pm

Perhaps you could read the notes posted in the Mystic Academy under Mediumship Development to start. There is a lot to be gleaned from the experience.

A good book is:  Develop Your Psychic Powers by Tara Ward.  A thick volume including exercises to develop.  

It is good to find a good teacher when you are ready to open to psychic abilities.  Even a concert pianist had a teacher for the basics before practicing his own talents.

Meditation is the tool.  Doing it in a group or with a teacher will help to unfold in a steady manner.  It will also give you the aid of others to help answer some of your difficulties.

Spiritualism (science, philosophy, religion) uses mediums in their services and are thereby motivated to train any who call.
God bless, J

Katshudson

Post by Katshudson » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:38 am

spiritalk wrote:There are people who are extremely adept at face reading, body language and have a real talent as observers.  Suppose with the demeanor of the client they gave away how they were feeling by the way they walked in and did not smile or otherwise indicate joy in their demeanour.  There are body language tips of dejection (rounded shoulders, smile not reaching the eyes, ) As to the cats, an observer may have seen a cat hair or two on her clothes.  

Everything is not always as it seems.  LOL
Totally agree with you here

Return to “Psychic”