Could I possibly have slight psychic abilities?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

BriannaJazmine

Could I possibly have slight psychic abilities?

Post by BriannaJazmine » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Hello

For many years now, I've had a few premonitions of future events through dreams. The thought of me having psychic abilities had crossed my mind, but I would always quickly brush it off as mere coincidences.

This last 5 days I've been having dreams, and a small detail or aspect of those dreams would play out the next day. They're small details, nothing important but it still happened. I'll name a few examples.

Example #1: Monday night I had a dream that I was walking around the town of Batavia in New York. For some reason in the dream I kept hearing the name of the city (Batavia) being repeated to me over & over. I have no idea why I was dreaming of Batavia, I live about 3 or 4 hours away from that town. Well I woke up Tuesday morning, and happened to call my father to ask him something. Right away, he told me to make sure that I keep my 1 year old son away from any open windows because apparently over the weekend there were news reports of a 1 yr old baby girl , that fell out of a 2 story window in Batavia.

Example #2: Saturday evening I was hanging out with my best friend and one of her long time friends from high school. We hung out for a few hours, and her friend dropped me off at home that night. That night I dreamt that my best friend's friend was talking behind my back, and making rude comments about me under her breath that entire night. In the dream I kept sensing something really bad about her, especially after i heard her talking about me & saying things under her breath about me in the car.  Well that very next day, my friend called me and told me that her friend indeed was talking about me, and making rude remarks about me under her breath that night..

Example #3: a friend and I recently had a slight falling out. The night that it happened I had a dream that he told me he still cares about me, and we ended up reconciling things with one another in the dream. I woke up the next day and took that as a message to attempt to text him to reach out to fix things between us. Well I ended up reaching out to him, and it really back fired on me. He said some very hurtful things to me, which led me to believe that the dream was a crock of crap. That night I ended up having 2 dreams about him again. In each dream he was still attempting to mend things between us. The first dream he apologized in person for what he said. The 2nd dream, he sent a long text message apologizing for everything. I woke up the next day & still brushed off those 2 dreams..because I was certain that we'd never speak again. He's not the type to EVER apologize, so I knew the dream made no sense. Well around 3pm that afternoon, I received a text message from him stating he was very sorry for the hurtful things he said to me & understands if I never speak to him again but he just wanted me to know he's truly sorry.

There are many more that I've had, but I figured I'd explain the most recent. These dreams were consecutive all this week. Is it a possibility that I may have psychic abilities, or could this just be coincidence?

Your opinions are appreciated..

Thanks,
Brianna

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:21 pm

If your dreams prove trustworthy, then trust them.  It would appear to be some precognition going on through your dreams.

Test any psychic abilities in a conscious state to truly understand them.
God bless, J

BriannaJazmine

Post by BriannaJazmine » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:58 pm

I'm sorry to ask silly questions..

How would I go about testing this in a conscious state?

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:35 am

If you have the truth in dreams it is still truth.
I think consciousness would get in the way, you'd try to 'steer' it where you wanted, just let them come and act on them.
Some days you are the cart and other days the horse; either way you still get shafted.

"I thought you'd be bigger," (read it how you will).

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:40 am

A thought occurred when I'd written, keep a notebook and a pen by the bed and write things down as soon as you wake.
I've done this and the outcome was very interesting.
Some days you are the cart and other days the horse; either way you still get shafted.

"I thought you'd be bigger," (read it how you will).

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:10 pm

Journaling as suggested is one good step toward understanding dreams - when they are psychic (precognitive) and when they are symbolic (most of our dreams) and that can help you understand yourself.  While I agree consciousness can want us to 'steer' our abilities, the fact is we need to understand ourself on many levels (from the material to the spirit) to understand when we are being psychic and when some other thing is happening.

Meditation is a good place to determine if we can put our consciousness aside to just 'allow' the psychic to perform.  We are conscious enough then to write down the experiences for examination.
God bless, J

Return to “Psychic”