seeing people while closing eyes

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Maria31

seeing people while closing eyes

Post by Maria31 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:56 pm

within the last year I have been seeing people when I close my eyes, often at night time, most of the time people I don't know, sometimes people I know in situations, it last only a few seconds.. I am pretty sure I don't have any mental disorder, but question if I am halucinating... or dream..

Have anyone experienced that?

Love Maria

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Most likely these are hypnagogic dreams/hallucinations

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi Maria,

1. How often on average do you have these experiences?

2. Are you ever while seeing these people in your mind's eye also feeling as though you are paralysed, or that you cannot move?

Having this information would help me to better help you, although whether your answer to the last question is YES or NO it is probably not any reason for concern on your part, unless it is happening too often or is constantly keeping you awake.

If you were only seeing people including those whom you know had died or passed into the Spirit world, I would say that you are a developing medium.

But I tend to believe in your case that you are experiencing what is called a hypnagogic dream: a dream which happens as you drift off to sleep.

There are possibly hundreds of states or levels of consciousness between being wide awake and fast asleep.

What you describe sounds exactly like one of these, although determining exactly which one of them it is is nearly impossible, without a detailed night time study done in a sleep laboratory with you being wired to a machine which measures your brain waves and patterns (an encephalograph).  

According to the most common definition of an hallucination as being an event where you are sensing something which is not there or does not exist at our shared level of reality, you ARE hallucinating.

However unless you feel threatened by these people or they are telling you to hurt yourself or someone else, I really do not think you have anything to worry yourself about with regards to you developing a mental disorder or illness in the future.

If you suddenly become frightened by what you are seeing or you would like me to help you to explore this phenomenon further or the dreams or visions change significantly in their content or frequency, then please feel free to post your questions under this thread as well as sending me a short private message in order to let me know that you are wanting my help and advice on this forum (which I do not regularly monitor).

BTW there are also hypnopompic dreams - a dream which happens while you are progressively waking up from being asleep.

If these are too frequent or intense then they are much more likely according to my research to be associated with an underlying medical or mental condition such as narcolepsy or schizophrenia, than would the hypnagogic variety.

http://www.hypnagogichallucinations.com ... ucinations

EoT :smt015

Maria31

Post by Maria31 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi eot :)

I am not sure how often, it comes and goes. At first it scared me. I am not paralysed, but have experienced that kind of dream state many times, as well as lucid dreaming which I have quite often, but this is different, it can happen at daytime too, perhaps when I am tired so I believe you have a point with the Hypnopompic Hallucinations.. I never heard about that before, but it sure sounds as an explanation. I do meditation and thought this was a side-effect, because I have had many precognitive dream after starting my meditation practise...

thanks,
maria

RasAlgethi

Post by RasAlgethi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:52 pm

Maria31 wrote:Hi eot :)

I am not sure how often, it comes and goes. At first it scared me. I am not paralysed, but have experienced that kind of dream state many times, as well as lucid dreaming which I have quite often, but this is different, it can happen at daytime too, perhaps when I am tired so I believe you have a point with the Hypnopompic Hallucinations.. I never heard about that before, but it sure sounds as an explanation. I do meditation and thought this was a side-effect, because I have had many precognitive dream after starting my meditation practise...

thanks,
maria
With where this world is heading, this type of thing will become more prevalent.  In short, get used to it.

kind regards,

RA

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

This confusing and frustrating period of your development cannot last much longer,

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:40 pm

To RA

Like most things in this life"getting used to it" is often much easier for one of us to advise the person to do, than for them to be able to actually do it. One does not necessarily have to like something to be able to gradually adapt to, or get used to it.
With where this world is heading, this type of thing will become more prevalent.
Could you please explain in more detail what you meant to communicate to Maria by including this sentence in your posting?

Are you predicting that her visions are only a sign that the end of the world is drawing ever nearer (the end of days), or alternately are you attempting to frighten her even more than she already is anxious into accepting that she must live with the constant fear that she is rapidly losing any sense of control over her psychic and mediumistic abilities, whether she likes it or not? Why indeed would anyone like to feel that they are progressively losing control over their spiritual gifts?

While I freely admit that it is clear that Maria is currently going through a particularly difficult phase of her development as a psychic and/or medium at the moment, there is every valid reason for her to expect this transition period to be only a temporary or passing one. As someone who has both participated in and lead several psychic development groups during this lifetime, I fail to see Maria's problems with her shifting energies as being either anything uncommon, especially worrying, or beyond her and her teacher's abilities to overcome given enough time nd patience.

In contrast to your own way of looking at things (which I respect your right to have), I am feeling particularly optimistic that Maria will eventually with the proper help of a suitable teacher discover much to her enjoyment and amazement that what seems now to be the end of her development will prove with the passing of time and the luxury of hindsight to be the beginning of a new, exciting and promising phase of her development, instead of this what appears to be a doom and gloom prediction.

To Maria

I will go so far as to suggest that the valuable learning opportunities inherent in this difficult and potentially upsetting transition phase of your development as a psychic will eventually make you much more effective as a reader, and infinitely more sensitive to the special needs of your clients to be, as a direct and overwhelmingly positive result of having undergone this temporary experience without unnecessarily panicking or being frightened of or by your psychic abilities (which I sense are significant, and could in future make your psychic services in great demand with the paying public).

Any psychic who does not constantly question whether or not the messages coming through her are genuinely psychic in origin, is less than useless to anyone who is looking for their help and guidance. Keeping an open mind to new possibilities does not mean that you always must take everything you get in your dreams or visions as true, valuable, genuinely psychic or not able to be changed or improved through your own efforts with the assistance of a suitable teacher or mentor. The ability to sort out what is psychic from what is not is called DISCERNMENT, and this can only be properly developed from regular practise and constructive feedback from your teacher or fellow students. And with a whole lot of patience and tolerance with your own mistakes, which are inevitable and not to be in any way avoided.

We often as psychics and as human beings learn far more of lasting value from our mistakes and errors, compared to what we can ever learn from our life's little victories and successes. This confusing and frustrating period of your development cannot last much longer, unless you lose your cool and become too frightened to make any mistakes.

Hoping that this helps,

EoT  :)

Celestial

Post by Celestial » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:36 am

Hi Maria, Most times the human mind is able to fully retain thoughts and pictures of something it has seen that day or a little bit before they close their eyes. It can even bring forth some thoughts via pictures of people they have not seen in years. Thus, that which they have seen can often be reflected back to them in this manner by having their eyes closed and seeing people, etc. The mind is even capable of "seeing" images of people you have not even met and reflecting them back to you through its amazing processes. These could be pictures out of magazines that you saw at some point in time.

The mind and brain are a great recording mechanism that can "playback" scenes of something it has retained in memory at some point in time. Most people have this ability and have experienced it many times in their life.

Have a wonderful day!
With God's blessings of Compassion, Peace, Joy, and Love,
Celestial

Return to “Psychic”