What are the signs something is not meant to be?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

matt22113

Post by matt22113 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:55 pm

For three years I was consistently drawing and studying art. My dream was to be a comic book artist. And right when I started to get really good and all my hard work was starting to pay off. My vision went blurry for 3 weeks. I thought that I needed glasses. It turns out I have dry eye syndrome. It’s a form of dry eye called evaporative dry eye. I’m on a medicine called restasis for it and seeing an eye doctor. This has been going on for 11 months. Any time I draw for more than a half hour my eyes starting aching and they hurt really badly.

I have never had any eye problems in my entire life and I have never even had pink eye.

I’m NOT here for medical advice.

I just think it’s so strange that right when I’m picking up the pace and I’m going to be where I want to be this happens.

I remember reading in James van praghs book talking to heaven that your guides send you messages that something is not meant to be by making things go wrong and sending you omens.

Which could be true being that my mom always hated comic books and never let me have them as a child because of the way they portrayed woman and the violence in them.

But this was my dream. I’m having such a hard time with this.

I had gone to some psychic’s online years before this problem happened with my eyes and they told me I would succeed at becoming a comic book artist. Well they never said anything about this problem.

Why would my guides and the universe want this to happen to me when I was so excited and working so hard and it really was the only thing I had going for me in my life.

I live on disability for an anxiety disorder and it gave me something to do every day now I have nothing to do.

Nothing inspires me like comic book art.

Any one have any advice for why the universe did this to me?

Is not meant to be?

JoshWess

Post by JoshWess » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Well I can start off by saying pursue your dream. You hold all of the power inside of you to complete whatever you desire. If this is your absolute goal then you should stay true to it and a whole new world of options will open up to you. I can't tell you more about yourself than what you know but i can tell you that no artist has achieved their goals without struggle.I believe that the power of ones will is stronger than any obstacle, but the obstacles will allow you to grow. I hope this helps.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

What the................?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:28 am

I remember reading in James van praghs book talking to heaven that your guides send you messages that something is not meant to be by making things go wrong and sending you omens.
I am sorry to hear that, as up until now I had a very high opinion of James Van Praagh, It actually says that your guides purposely make things go wrong? Why I asked you this is because such a suggestion that guides would intentionally cause you harm and malice is totally inconsistent from all that I have read myself about Van Praagh's teachings up until the present moment.

Sending you signs is one thing, but any guide who wants to keep his or her job and who intervenes in a person's life for harmful or malicious purposes is history. Even God him or herself cannot break his or her own laws about interfering in this manner, no matter how painful it is to him to have to stand by and watch a person have to learn their lessons the hard way.

The very thought that you could imagine/believe or think that the Universe gave you these medical challenges to punish you or make you want to give up on your artistic comic book dreams honestly sickens me to my stomach.

Challenges and obstacles are placed in our paths not in an attempt to show us that we are going the wrong way. Indeed the challenges are only to be expected if you are going the right way. How will you learn to do things better if there were no challenges or obstacles to experiment upon?

I cannot be sure exactly what specific lessons are contained within you having to deal with your anxiety, dry eyes, or your mother not liking comic books, but I suspect that that it was intended to help you to discover the inner strength and unexplored abilities which you posses, and encourage you to use them to have a better, happier and more successful in your own terms of what success represents life.

I intermittently suffer with dry eye syndrome myself, live on a disability pension, have battled with chronic illness anxiety and depression for most of my nearly 60 years and had to leave the job I loved as a high school teacher in 1983 due to my rapidly deteriorating health.

Are you telling me that the Universe did these things to me deliberately to stop me using my intuitive abilities and teaching and communication skills to help people like yourself over the internet?

If this is true, the Universe's plan to stop me doing this labour of love has failed miserably to achieve what you believe was its intended goal.

Are you still for a maximum of 30 minutes each session illustrating comic books, and loving it even more than when you began?

If your answers are YES and YES, then it looks like the Universe has failed miserably again (second failure after against me).

Three strikes or failures against it, and the Universe is out. :smt005

While it is not easy to live your life to its fullest with these disabilities, and not everyone is a paralympian gold medal winner or awarded hero, the Universe actually did this for you to grow stronger, more confident and less likely to be stopped by your critics including your mother, instead of doing it to make your life as difficult as it possibly can be made.

Get a copy of the lyrics of Mariah Carey's song "Hero", or better still get the recording itself. Writer(s): IGLESIAS, ENRIQUE M/BARRY, PAUL MICHAEL/TAYLOR, MARK

Please turn on your computer's speakers, if they are not already on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IA3ZvCkRkQ

Skip the 26 second commercial after the five second countdown.

Allow these beautiful and inspiring and encouraging words to penetrate deep down into your unconscious mind.

Now try to feel as though you are a helpless victim of the Universe, or keep believing that the Universe would send you dry eyes to stop you from pursuing your most cherished dream to be a comic book illustrator: extraordinaire.

I agree 100% with what Josh has told you above, and have expanded upon what he said in an effort to make you recognise that the only person who can in the end stop you doing what you are good at doing and love doing, IS YOU AND YOUR NEGATIVE BELIEFS ABOUT THE UNIVERSE.

NEITHER THE UNIVERSE, YOUR GUIDES, NOR EVEN GOD HIMSELF CAN OR WOULD WANT TO DO SUCH A TERRIBLE AND CRUEL THING AS YOU ARE SUGGESTING OR ACCUSING THEM OF DOING!

Take good care of yourself my friend,

EoT Image

jdezola

Post by jdezola » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:46 pm

... see, something similar happened to me ... my interest in Arts started when I was maybe 7 years old. Here and there I would draw something, go play and draw some more. Somehow I ended having Art class when I was 16-17 and that's when I - and everybody else was sure my work will be among great artist from my town ... few years later I was still doing the same thing - meaning no real progress in style and techique but I kept going on and giving away my drawings to friends and family.
Then, while I was doing my 'art meditation' - drawing, my mother would come in to my room to see how am I doing and of course share her opinion on piece i'm working on... at first I was happy she is actually showing interest in something that matters to me but after she started to voice her opinion more and more and influencing me and my work... I became annoyed. Even when the piece was done and I'm s completely artisticly satisfied she would 'suggest' that I need to add color from edge to edge because it doesn't look 'finished.'
I tried to do as she suggested, few times, but it wasn't my idea and it didn't seem to be right but I always had that voice in my head saying - is it finished?
She is no artist, she is just my mom. I realized she had a lot of influence on me and in any area she could reach to...
Anyway, 10 years later I met my husband to be... he loves tattoos I do not. He has them I do not. He wants to go and get training or schooling in tattoo industry. I was with him there to show my support. I went thru the whole class, took notes in case he forgets something... everything except for tattooing a human being.
School was nice, expensive and I was not impressed at all. After all, I was not interested in that form of Art.
One year later we go back for advanced class... this time I actually do pick up a tattoo machine and do my very first tattoo on my husband. Thanks to previous experience in drawing - it came out really good. Lines wer bold, solid and straight.
So to skip some details here and there, I'm using my gift for something that IS meant to be! It is something that NEVER crossed my mind but it was beautiful way for me to actually apply my skills to a canvas such as live human skin.Perform Art that I tried to do on a paper and other materials and make it permanent. Living memory.
Now, of course my mom was not happy at all when she found out what am I doing for living... but you know what... I AM happy and even tho Universe might seem like it's messing with our life, our dream and blurs the map of our journey - it always works out for the best and it happens for a reason.

See, you could use your gift and do tattoos... not only you'd be doing, basically, what you like - you'd be makig decent money and get to see your effort and skill appreciated. Other thing that might be applicable here and it really affected me a lot is following little story ... that decade or so I mentioned before- I was training handball... from junior leauge got to be professional and paid for my games ... got invitation to represent my country playing with 'big names' ... but in reality that's not what I wanted...
Because of favouritism in my team by manager and a trainer I started to avoid trainings... games... and at the end I hurt my knee so bad that I couldn't walk for 6 months.
Maybe it was very personal to me and somehow, somewhere I decided I don't want to be a part of it. I believe if I work hard and I put maximum effort showing results then people who are not doing half of what it takes to get there - were given the cudos and throphy just as I am.

They said I would need a surgery but it wouldn't really solve anything so I refused to have it and little by little recovered. I still do have problems with that knee. It pops out for no reason and the only way it will pop back in is to squad otherwise my leg locks in and I can't move at all.
My career in sports was more possible than in Arts, as it seemed at the time, but now I have my knee to remind me to slow down, my mom's 'voice' to think before I make a final touch with a needle and my heart saying that this is the way it was supposed to be... even tho I was very very angry while going thru all of that, thinking I'm being punished and Universe is jerking my chain ...

Be strong. This too - shall pass.
DJ

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:49 pm

I have to say that there are lessons in life - not to punish but to challenge us to learn.  The way we handle all the opportunities and challenges is our own measure of spirit.  In the end personal responsibility for ourselves is all we have - no one else will answer for our life.  So Live, Love, Laugh, Be Happy!
God bless, J

Return to “Psychic”