animal totem

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

oriel

animal totem

Post by oriel » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:44 am

I dunno if anyone asked this,but how would you know your animal totem?I've been having dreams of tiger and dogs these past few days and even before.Then yesterday I went to the dentist and for the first time in a long time that I've been going to my dentist's clinic I just noticed a painting in front of me,which is a white tiger,two white tigers actually.Then just this morning I had a dream about a baby wearing an animal print of a tiger.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: animal totem

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:23 pm

oriel wrote:I dunno if anyone asked this,but how would you know your animal totem?I've been having dreams of tiger and dogs these past few days and even before.Then yesterday I went to the dentist and for the first time in a long time that I've been going to my dentist's clinic I just noticed a painting in front of me,which is a white tiger,two white tigers actually.Then just this morning I had a dream about a baby wearing an animal print of a tiger.
Oriel,

There are many sites on the internet which offer you suggestions with regards to how you can identify your totem or power animal.

The following page is my favourite, although I would recommend that you should try putting "Learning your totem animal" into any good internet search engine in order to be able to make you own mind up about which of them most appeals to you.

"How To Find Your Animal Totem"

http://www.animaltotem.com/find-your-totem.html

The white tiger just happens to be my own personal totem animal, so you cannot have it because it is mine.

:smt005  :smt005  :smt005

But seriously now because there are only a certain number of animals to go around (I have never heard of a person having an insect or bacterium as their power animal) it is quite possible that the white tiger is the totem animal for the both of us as well as several other people on this website.

The native American belief is that we draw our most positive qualities of character and inner strength from this creature, so a person with a dog, tiger or specifically a white tiger their totem would be expected to display some or all of the following characteristics.......

DOG: http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/dog.htm

TIGER: http://www.spiritanimal.info/tiger-spirit-animal/

WHITE TIGER: http://www.crystalwind.ca/mystica/anima ... tiger.html

In Chinese mythology the white tiger is the symbol of the west, autumn, and all metals. The tiger is a night hunter and most with this totem work best at night, too. Also it is an adept swimmer, so people with this are spiritually connected with devotion and passion, and a great sense of adventure, as is the tiger's nature. If tiger is in your life, you approach things slowly and silently with devotion and strength. Tigers also have a strong connection to full and new moons as well.

Of course without them necessarily being your animal totem each animal can mean other things in your dreams, although there appears to be a considerable overlap between the dream meaning of a particular animal and those of the same totem animal. And this is where things get a little vague and confusing, hence your question as to which is which. Is the dog, tiger or white tiger your totem animal, or is your dreaming mind simply attempting to tell you something important and has chosen that animal as the most effective way of getting its message through to you. There does not seem to be any method of reliably separating out the two possibilities.

And the same confusion happens when you begin to see the animal in paintings, prints, books, TV programs or even in films.

Is this happening because your power animal is wanting to make you increasingly aware of its presence in your life and convince you once and for all that it is yours by constant repetition, or is is alternately because of a strange quirk of the human mind which increasingly notices what it is thinking about most at the time.

Have you ever bought a car of a particular make and model, and have suddenly noticed that almost every third car which you see on the road is the same as yours, right down to them being the same colour? Now I am fairly certain that most of these people were driving the same vehicle long before you bought yours, but you simply did not notice them until you had one of your own.

Then the streets seem to be virtually filled with cars with the same make, model and colour as the one you are driving.  In a similar manner if dogs, tigers or white tigers are currently on your mind or uppermost in your thoughts, you are likely too see them almost everywhere you look. You almost expect them to be everywhere, creating a self fulfilling prophecy.

In the end it is your decision as to whether you are willing to accept an animal as your totem, or whether instead you should only look at it as a dream or waking symbol standing for something else which your unconscious mind is trying to communicate. Not everyone is up to taking on the huge responsibility of being a spiritual warrior by becoming more like their spirit animal with each passing day.

It can involve a lot of effort and personal sacrifice to walk the path of your totem animal, and it is not for the faint hearted and for intellectuals. Developing their typical characteristics can be a slow and difficult journey potentially spanning many incarnations. This animal presents us with a spiritual ideal to work towards of significant challenge.

Finally it is possible that you will have more than one power animal during different phases of the same lifetime, just as also happens with spirit guides. We are given what we most need at the moment, and our needs change continually and so then can our animal totem change to reflect the different qualities of character which we will need in that specific part of our life.

When you were 10 you might have needed the typical qualities of a dog (doggedly means determined or stubborn), while in your adult life the strength and cunning associated with a tiger of any colour may be just what you need to get through an adverse situation. It is not easy to be "different from the rest of your peers. Ask a white tiger what it is like to be a loner or maverick. It is on the other hand a distinct advantage to be a white tiger when you are hunting for food in the snow (camouflage). Perhaps we are both hunting for spiritual food, but do not want to draw attention to ourselves?

Hoping that this posting helps, entertains but does not confuse you any more than you were before you posted it on this board.

EoT Image

oriel

Post by oriel » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:38 am

Wow that was a LOT :smt005  Thanks so much EoT
I just remember 7 years ago we went to the zoo,there were a lot of tigers there and while we we're in a vehicle watching tigers(the place is like a safari inspired zoo and we ride a vehicle to see them up close),tigers were coming to us because one of the guides threw a chicken.I remember touching the tiger's claws while the tiger was eating the chicken.It was just a thick metal screen that separates us from them while the vehicle was moving.( I know it doesn't sound safe) :smt005  I find their eyes very enchanting,the tigers and lions.There's something about their stare that I gets my attention.

I usually don't think about tigers or dogs but we do have dogs here.
Ever since I was young I was just mostly drawn to dragons,tigers and lions and even pegasus

:smt003
It is not easy to be "different from the rest of your peers. Ask a white tiger what it is like to be a loner or maverick. It is on the other hand a distinct advantage to be a white tiger when you are hunting for food in the snow (camouflage). Perhaps we are both hunting for spiritual food, but do not want to draw attention to ourselves?
That really hits me :smt005

well thanks for the advice EoT you've been very helpful indeed! :smt005

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Dreaming of Pegasus

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Oriel,

It was my great pleasure, especially since we appear to have something in common with an appreciation and respect for tigers.

Pegasus of course is the mythical winged horse like creature (flying unicorn).
They say that to dream of Pegasus, means a calling to create your expressions of beauty through whatever creative means you desire. It has also become a symbol of immortality and the protector of the spirit, the guardian of the soul.

http://siannaphey.wordpress.com/tag/meaning-of-pegasus/
To see Pegasus in your dream symbolizes swiftness and agility. You are able to brave through a stormy relationship.
http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/dreamdicti ... ch=pegasus
This symbolises the sexual or instinctive drives that have not been repressed, but allowed, in conjunction with consciousness and reason, to develop the higher possibilities latent in them. Put in plain language this suggests that the sexual drive rises like a wave that carries our conscious desires with it.
http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/pegasus/
To dream of a Pegasus (flying unicorn) is positive, symbolizing high ideals, hope and insight in a current situation. It also symbolizes power, gentleness, and purity.
http://www.myjellybean.com/dream-dictio ... -rally/pdf

Take your pick!

EoT  :smt002

oriel

Post by oriel » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:47 am

Thanks a LOT EoT.
I just noticed now, your username is Eye of Tiger,now I think I know why :smt005

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Why I chose eye_of_tiger (the whole story)

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:59 pm

I just noticed now, your user name is Eye of Tiger, now I think I know why
Yes you are part of the way towards fully understanding why I chose eye_of_tiger as my screen identity or alias, while working on Mystic Board.

In addition to the more obvious totem animal connection, the song "Eye Of the Tiger" was used as a theme in the movie "Rocky" to describe a fighter who never gives up on following his dreams, even when everyone close to him tells him that they are unachievable and not worth the effort.

While I dislike violence in any form and I do not get any sense of enjoyment from watching two grown men give each other serious brain injuries, I thought that the lyrics of this song spoke loudly to me of the value of courage and perseverance in the face of adversity.

And I personally experienced no shortage of adversity and negative criticism from another member of my own family from the day that I first displayed more than a passing interest in the psychic and paranormal.

It took a lot of courage and perseverance for me to ignore this person's total lack of belief in anything which could not be detected by any of the five physical senses, and go on to do this spiritual labour of love later in my life.

Now you have the more complete story of or reason why I felt that eye_of_tiger was most appropriate and relevant to my particular situation of wanting to give psychic readings to be able to help good people like yourself, while still being a member of a family which was largely composed of devout atheists and total disbelievers in anything of a non physical nature.

Regards,

eye_of_tiger Image

oriel

Post by oriel » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:21 am

woah that was deep!Now that's an interesting story,it's kinda the opposite of me.I live in a family of believers and my mom is a devout catholic and I have  relatives who are really hardcore believers,if you know what I mean. :smt005
Thanks for sharing your story
:)
Last edited by oriel on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Oriel,

And thanking you in return for sharing more of your personal story with us.

It helps us to get to know and understand better the real person who is hidden behind your screen name.

Compliments of the festive season to you and yours,

eye_of_tiger Image

oriel

Post by oriel » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:53 am

Happy holidays to you and your family too  :smt003

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:51 pm

Adversity tends to strengthen the senses, including the psychic ones.  It is like steel being fired to make it strong.

Duchess1964

Post by Duchess1964 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:17 pm

LOL ... omg.  you're kidding ... right?  Okay, I guess not.  First off, the identity of your spirit guide, animal guide and guardian are the business of YOU alone.  Stating their name is a insult to them in many cultures.  I have gone through ritual for each of the ones I have stated above.  Meditation and devining within yourself is the place to begin.  The Native American Animal Guide may be the only one that would require outside assistance in seeking.  It's more a guided meditation.  Good luck to you

oriel

Post by oriel » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:42 pm

^that's why I went here to ask because I wanna know other people's inputs about it right?I haven't stated their name or what because I don't even know their name in the first place.I was just asking if what I was experiencing was a sign or something of an animal totem because I am clueless.well,thanks anyway. :smt003

Duchess1964

Post by Duchess1964 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:31 pm

I have done some guided meditations ... if you truly wish to seek a guide, look into yourself.  Then focus that desire on a peaceful place and look around for that which appears to just you.  That will be your guide.  No disrespect intended.

Return to “Psychic”