Was I talking to the dead?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

summercandy

Was I talking to the dead?

Post by summercandy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:43 am

Yesterday while I was with my Mother she asked me if I saw things when I was younger and I asked what do you mean? She said apparently when I was around 7/8 years old I had continuously flipped out at her for scaring away all my friends and saying why can't I see them anymore and getting really upset about it. I do remember hearing people talking to me when I was younger and it stopped when I was about 13 but I don't recall every seeing anyone, Im not sure if that was because I was so young that I just forgot that I may have seen people but I do recall hearing people talking to me. Was I actually seeing or hearing people who had passed away? And if so is there a possibility to be able to channel spirits at this age?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

You are a latent or largely undeveloped clairaudient medium

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:58 pm

Yes it is quite possible that you were talking with or hearing spirits of deceased people (which is something completely different), but it appears that your Higher Self and spirit guides have decided in your best interests that there is just too much of greater importance going on in your life at the moment for you to be using your abilities as a medium at this specific point in time.

Also you must ask yourself why you would want to channel the spirits of the dead. What are your motives for wanting to do this spiritual work?

If you would be doing this to attract the attention of members of the opposite sex (to many young people this would be a definite put off) and think that to be able to do this is cool, ask any experienced medium who will tell you that their life is often a lonely and difficult one, which involves many personal sacrifices which most of us are not willing to make.

If you are to use your mediumistic abilities in the future as part of your life's mission or purpose, you can be certain that your guides will be letting you know about this in a way that leaves no doubt in your mind that this is your calling.

By all means find a basic psychic development group or circle under the supervision of an experienced and reputable psychic either in your local area (this is preferable) or if that is not possible online is second best, and work upon developing the basic skills which you will be needing if at a later date if you are to become a psychic channel or medium in your own right.

Even if that is not part of your life path, doing this under the right teacher will greatly enhance your intuitive abilities and latent gift of clairaudience (psychic hearing) which could equally be useful in other areas of your life which are not directly related to mediumship.  

Some business people for example use their psychic/intuitive gifts to give themselves or their company an advantage or edge over their competitors, by being more sensitive to the needs of their clients and to help them to work with the stock market.

It is not possible for me to tell you exactly to where your abilities might lead you, if indeed they are to be play an important role at all in the general scheme of things.

Regards,

eye_of_tiger Image

Aquo

Post by Aquo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:18 pm

I wish I had powers like these... Imagine, how that would change the world...

~aquo

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:56 pm

Keep your mind open, and your heart free of negativity so as to be able to contact your deceased loved ones and allow them to make their presence felt in your life.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Being a medium is not always as good as you think that it might be

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:45 pm

Aquo wrote:I wish I had powers like these... Imagine, how that would change the world...

~aquo
Be careful what you wish for, as it just might come true and you could then realise too late to change your mind that what you thought that you wanted is nowhere near as good as it first looked.

Along with having these abilities comes a huge burden of responsibility to use them morally, and never to use them to gain unfair advantage over or to do harm to another living soul.

The negative karmic consequences of the improper, immoral or illegal use of these spiritual abilities to our own advantage (powers has definite negative connotations of this being an ego trip) are simply too terrible to be discussing in any great detail here. Suffice to say it is not something I would like to have to face, on top of any other major challenges I was given in some future lifetime.

As for these abilities significantly changing the world for the better, we have had them since we were created and I don't know about you but I feel that humans as a species have done a pretty poor job of things (the world is in a mess) so far, in spite of having had them more than a million years.

The life of a medium can often be a difficult and lonely one, which involves considerable personal sacrifices to be made in order for them to continue to be of loving service to others.

Many people would like to have these abilities (they think that it would be cool) to be able to communicate with the dear departed, without at the same time having either the associated responsibilities or the inevitable downsides of having and using them in a world that as a whole, does not believe that anything survives the transition called death.

At one time as was described in the Bible mediums were regarded as witches and agents of Satan, and were therefore hunted down and legally murdered in the name of God.

There is still a lot of ignorance and discrimination about and against mediums in the 21st century (in most places they no longer automatically drown, burn or hang them for entertainment), but instead they are often open to extreme psychological abuse and undeserved constant legal prosecution, which can in some cases make being hung or drowned blindfolded in a pond look much more attractive in comparison.

It is therefore no wonder that people who are particularly gifted mediums can sometimes be more prone to depression and suicide, than the rest of us are.

Do you still want these "powers", after hearing all this?

Do you really?

Food for thought,

EoT :smt017

summercandy

Post by summercandy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Thanks EOA! You always have the best advice (I'm formally sumbum until I lost my password and had to create a new account) I can always count on you for great advice!! Thanks again :)

Summer

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

EoT and NOT EOA

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Summer, :smt017

My screen identity is actually eye_of_tiger or EoT for short, but you are very welcome for the advice.

Be kind to yourself,

EoT Image

Return to “Psychic”