Lost my psychic ability???

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

GoddessGail

Lost my psychic ability???

Post by GoddessGail » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:33 pm

A decade ago, I was a VERY accurate reader.  I gave parties as well as personal readings.

A couple years ago, I was among friends, and I decided to give them all readings.  Almost nothing.  It was so strange.  I could only read for one person - who had a major challenge coming up.

Thinking that I had problems because I was amongst friends - where strangers are so easy - I found a local restaurant owner and asked if I could be "entertainment" in order to test my skills - no charge to anyone.  She said yes.

My abilities were just not there.  Yes, I found one or two people's futures, but by and large, nothing.

What happened??????  Can I restore it?  Did something happen so that I need to re-learn how to feel it as someone with brain damage has to relearn how to walk?  No head damage.  No horrible trauma (that I recognize as such).  It's just gone.

Any helpful answers or suggestions?

Thanks
GG

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

There could be one of many possible reasons for your psychic abilities to be suspended

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi Gail,

Unless you have severely abused or corrupted your gift for personal gain or used them to consciously do harm to another person or persons, psychic abilities are never lost or taken away from us. They are the native senses of our spirit body which we always have, whether or not we are also currently inhabiting a physical body.

But it is true however that sometimes for reasons which we may or may not eventually discover, our access to these abilities is either temporarily limited or blocked completely in our own best interests, or for our own protection. Even if I gave you a reading about this I feel that it is highly unlikely to offer you a satisfactory explanation for exactly why this has happened in your case.

It is very commonly found when there are much more important issues to be dealt with in our lives at the time, which the use of our psychic abilities could distract is from doing. Once your major life challenges or issues are successfully dealt with, your intuitive abilities should restored without any further action on your part.

The only likely to be effective method for finding out what these issues are and consequently how much longer it is likely to be before your skills as  reader are returned to you, is though self analysis. Did you two years ago enter a particularly busy phase of your life where there were challenges which needed to be given a higher priority over your readings?

Did you abuse your psychic gift for reasons of personal gain?  Were you or a close member of your family sick to the point that taking proper care of yourself or of them was a full time job in itself? Have you been experiencing severe financial difficulties or have you been long term unemployed over the period of the last 24 months?

The answers to these questions are or your eyes only. They are only being asked here with the healing intention to help you to better identify and understand the most likely reasons for this having happened. And for it having lasted this long. Your psychic abilities have not with rare exceptions been permanently removed, but there may be a valid reason or reasons for your access to them having been temporarily denied from you.

Ask yourself the above questions and any other relevant questions which I may have overlooked in your private meditation sessions, and in your ongoing search for learning and understanding and if necessary accepting that there are some things in this life which we were never meant to have control over, mainly for the benefit of our own good health (physical, mental, emotional or spiritual).

Hoping that this explanation comforts, educates and heals you,

EoT  :smt049

Spiritual Traveller

Re: Lost my psychic ability???

Post by Spiritual Traveller » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Hello Gail

Although it can seem quite confusing, frustrating or isolating when this happens it can & does happen to most professional psychics at some stage.

We can close for days, weeks or even years. The reasons why are, as mentioned above many. More often than not it is due to health, belief, stress or matters of life needed to be lived without an obvious spiritual thread, so we deal with stuff on our own so to speak. It can occur also when we go through a bought of spiritual or psychic growth & the dust needs to settle, leaving our energies a bit muddled. Sometimes we never know why we loose connection, so we have to accept that it has happened & follow our heart, & do those things which we feel compelled to do - as after all that may well be what is needed.

Yet, in most, it returns. So just a loving hug to tell you to be patient, & know that even though you may not be aware of your guides or your connection, it is all still there & when the time is right you will be back in the thick of it again.

Pam

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Turning psychic abilities off then on

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:33 pm

Gail,

Not that I am for one moment suggesting that this applies to you, but the late British clairaudient medium Doris Stokes (psychic hearer) once had her psychic abilities temporarily removed because her spirit guide caught her cheating at one of her public performances, because she was frustrated that she was not getting the messages from Spirit coming through as easily and smoothly as they normally did.

And as a result of her transgression she was told in no uncertain terms that if it ever happened again (it did not), that their working relationship would be permanently at an end.

So when even world class mediums can act human and are far from being perfect, there is still hope for all of us who are not world class psychics or mediums, but are equally not without our faults and weaknesses.

EoT  :smt059

blackbirdrising

Post by blackbirdrising » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:38 pm

You said that when you thought you lost your abilities, that only one client had any information coming through and that it was something very important. Sounds like that information was vital to that person, which required all the energies available to convey - not that you lost your abilities.  Ever had a session with a group, when you have several spirits channeled at once and one seems to dominate the session? It might have been something like that, or even the same thing.

Don't doubt yourself, whatever you do. Remember that as with your physical health, and your emotions, there is an ebb and flow, and a high and low, with psychic energy.  

Gifted blessings, Carolyn

blackbirdrising

Post by blackbirdrising » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Gail, I wanted to add that I appeared to lose my abilities from 2002-2011.  I was unhealthy physically, and drained constantly. When I got out of that marriage - away from the person doing the draining - all the ability "came back". I never really lost it, it was just feeding other sources  - like a river branched out into a hundred tributaries - to keep me healthy, sane, and functioning.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:16 pm

I agree with blackbirdsinging,

The ability never leaves us; it may go stale a bit rusty..... but it is always there.
Energy can get drained and that is why we need time, healing and recuperation in order to gather our mental, physical and spiritual equilibirum.

Practice helps too. It is like any other skill which needs looking after in order to get better or re-awaken.

:)

Spiritual Traveller

Post by Spiritual Traveller » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 am

I have also lost mine too in the past, life simply had others objectives for me. At times spirit will step back so you can do things which need your focus alone, even though they are still there. My switch was in the off position for nearly 8 years, in which so much happened, even I began to wonder if it would I would ever be reunited with that aspect of myself. :smt090

I train people to develop & this issue is one which often pops up, it can make people worry a great deal, yet it is natural. The two most common reasons are spirit stepping back for life issues to occur or be dealt with, or after a bout of psychic or spiritual growth for the energetic dust to settle - so to speak.  

It can help to remember that You yourself are spirit, & everything happens for a reason, & reasons can often become apparent in time.

Pam
Visit Spiritual Travellers.
Learn Tarot. Psychic Development. Meet Your Guides. Psychic Guidance

Return to “Psychic”