I've become agnostic i've lost my faith

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

matt22113

I've become agnostic i've lost my faith

Post by matt22113 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:51 pm

I was a big supporter of the theory that when you die there is an afterlife. and things of the mystic, native american, type way of thinking. I've even been told that I have a strong aura and a psychic ability myself that may open up some day.

I'm atuned to second degree reiki.

I've experinced parnormal things.

but really I've been looking more into the other sides argument against the new age movement.

And really from what i've learned the mainstream scientific community doesn't belive that near death experinces are valid. Theres a substance in the body that comes out that when your dieing that makes you have a near death experince.

if you watch this video this is the proof of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwjwWsYKglo

But still there could be an afterlife its just that we don't really know.

We don't know where psychic abilities even come from. How do you really know who your communicating with when you do these readings. maybe its just part of the mind we don't understand yet.

Have we ever brought some one back to life who has been dead for 100 years?

I really wish that this wasn't true. I don't have a very good life. I would like to belive that there is better place after death.

but the thing is I can't have faith in something unless it can prove 100 percent what they are saying.

I think psychics do have the ability to predict the future. but from everything i've read even the mainstream scientists who do belive in them don't know where the ability is coming from.

So If any one can restore my faith I'll be open to it. I'm really not convinced anymore that any one know for sure what happens when you die, unless there is something i'm overlooking.

i'm not very happy being agnostic it makes me depressed. I just don't get how people belive in god who never saw them themselves.

I guess what was really keeping from being agnostic was the near death experinces but they have been disproven, if you watch that video.

really maybe you guys could restore my faith.

spiritalk

Re: I've become agnostic i've lost my faith

Post by spiritalk » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:12 pm

matt22113 wrote:I was a big supporter of the theory that when you die there is an afterlife. and things of the mystic, native american, type way of thinking. I've even been told that I have a strong aura and a psychic ability myself that may open up some day.

J:  Some people need more proof than others of what they are actually experiencing.  The afterlife is not a belief system - we all have our own ideas of course - but existence is believed by the majority of people on earth - either through religions or spirituality.

I'm atuned to second degree reiki.

J:  I admit to not being terribly familiar with Reiki degrees but if you feel it has altered you or your consciousness in any way, then perhaps it has.

I've experinced parnormal things.

J:  Para means beyond the normal.  Sometimes I find it hard to describe the normal as the experiences of the spirit all around us becomes more normal with each passing day.  There is a spirit energy all around us as we are spirit within and must deal in that vibration too.

but really I've been looking more into the other sides argument against the new age movement.

J:  Spirit knowledge is not just about the current spate of New Age information.  There is so much more when you truly seek it.

And really from what i've learned the mainstream scientific community doesn't belive that near death experinces are valid. Theres a substance in the body that comes out that when your dieing that makes you have a near death experince.

J:  Yes science has identified ectoplasm which is a part of the process of manifestation.  What is the material substance that affected the water by our thoughts in Emoto's experiments?  The same was discovered on plants.

if you watch this video this is the proof of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwjwWsYKglo

But still there could be an afterlife its just that we don't really know.

J:  One thing for sure, the spirit leaves the no longer viable body - too many people have seen it to be a false claim.  My own personal experience was a fascinating lesson.  Hubby used to say why do you believe - because I know it is true from the heart.

We don't know where psychic abilities even come from. How do you really know who your communicating with when you do these readings. maybe its just part of the mind we don't understand yet.

J:  That would still be telepathy and beyond the phyical/material makeup of human endeavours.

Have we ever brought some one back to life who has been dead for 100 years?

J:  No one returns to the body - it decays on death of the physical/material existence.  But communication is real and valid.

I really wish that this wasn't true. I don't have a very good life. I would like to belive that there is better place after death.

but the thing is I can't have faith in something unless it can prove 100 percent what they are saying.

J:  It is not about somewhere beautiful.  It is about a transition and continuation of your learning and growing.  You will arrive in the afterlife exactly where your earth lessons understanding can place you.

I think psychics do have the ability to predict the future. but from everything i've read even the mainstream scientists who do belive in them don't know where the ability is coming from.

J:  The pineal gland is being investigated as the seat of the psychic.

So If any one can restore my faith I'll be open to it. I'm really not convinced anymore that any one know for sure what happens when you die, unless there is something i'm overlooking.

i'm not very happy being agnostic it makes me depressed. I just don't get how people belive in god who never saw them themselves.

I guess what was really keeping from being agnostic was the near death experinces but they have been disproven, if you watch that video.

really maybe you guys could restore my faith.

J:  No one is here to restore anyone's faith.  That is your journey.  When you need answers - seek within - the information is all there as the spirit is eternal not corporeal like the body.  The mind can and does expand but only when you are willing to see what is availble to the sights, sounds, smells, tastes, touch - emotional and tactile.  That is your journey to know!
God bless, J

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:58 am

And really from what i've learned the mainstream scientific community doesn't believe that near death experiences are valid.
It is not in the interests of the mainstream scientific community to believe that near death experiences are valid indicators of a life after death.

If there really is a life after death then the scientific community must take responsibility for it's own actions, and then make moral or ethically correct decisions based upon them having first done this.

If on the other hand the personality completely ceases to exist after the dissolution of the physical body, they neither need to act responsibly nor morally nor ethically.

You only get absolute proof that there is life after death after you die, but faith is a belief in things still unseen.

A belief in life after death does not BTW automatically require that person to also believe in a God or Creator, or a God as is presented to us by religious teachings.

Neither does faith require a belief in God, as he or she has been created by human beings in their own image.

Many people mislabel themselves as being atheists (do not believe in God), or agnostics (believe in God, but do not feel that God's existence can be proven beyond any doubt) because logic and reason will not allow them to accept what is served up to them as being God or God's will by organised religion.

EoT :smt059

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:40 pm

The best scientific mind of the 20th century, Albert Einstein, believed in a higher power in all he examined and did for science.  Many people of science believe in a higher power and are being led to the idea that science is now more 'a dance of energies' rather than a mechancal approach.
God bless, J

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Albert Einstein Quotes on Spirituality

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi J,

I could not agree more with your observation. Many people of science do also believe in a Higher Power, including Einstein.

However Albert Einstein in spite of his creative genius was not regarded by many scientists of his day to be a member of the mainstream scientific community.
It is not in the interests of the mainstream scientific community..
In contrast he was seen to be a bit of a loner or maverick who kept both his ideas and feelings largely to himself, and his family and love life were a disaster, as a direct consequence of this.

To him "mainstream" meant boring, arrogant, rigid and suffocating.

Not bad though for a man who was a school failure and drop out to go on to become one of the greatest scientific minds of 20th century physics, but with deep spiritual beliefs underlying everything which he did.

"Albert Einstein Quotes on Spirituality"

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/einstein/
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.
The scientists’ religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection.
Regards,

EoT  :smt109

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:22 pm

I will tell you of my father's near death experience.  I actually say it is that he died twice.  His heart gave out around 8 pm and at 11 he was recovered and back in his room in the hospital.  He told me he would not come back next time.  He indicated a beautiful place.  The nurse indicated that most patients who died and were resuscitated by paddles were not usually so lucid following the incident.

Oh yes, and the second night he did not return and his body died.

Kalidasa

Post by Kalidasa » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:23 am

I believe that science has just not caught up with mystical truths...eventually science will be able to prove them, as it has done with say aura photography, telepathy, etc.

@spiritalk: perhaps your father came back to assure you that he would be ok in that new beautiful place.  my father had a near death experience in "84 (car accident), and when he was back in his body being rehabilitated, he told me he had gotten to the gates of heaven, and an angel (who he believed was St. Peter) scolded him and sent him back.  Up to that point he was living a pretty selfish life, but after that incident he had no choice but to change, as he was then so dependent on others.  he passed last year, and by that time i believe he had learned the lessons he was meant to.
Blessed be!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:41 pm

We all tend to like someone to communicate our goodbyes to, in the living.  But instead of being accepting of the experience, my mom just said he was depressed.  What a way to see the experience!  Sometimes I think it is hard for us just to accept some things we can not totally understand.
God bless, J

Asti

Post by Asti » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:06 pm

Truly impressive responses to this query.

jounai

Post by jounai » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:37 pm

The human collective are exploring many different themes in this dimension, such as the idea of New age or "scientific mainstream". All these different themes are simply ideas of experiencing which everyone is free to choose their version of, which everyone is doing consciously or unconsciously. The question is simply; what do you want to experience? Everything is possible, and out of this everything that is possible; which do you choose? All choices are valid in themselves. :)
The type of idea which I'm exploring is what many spiritual masters speak of when they say "enlightenment" and "awakening". I go beyond ideas, beyond thought and find that which is greater than thought...realizing my true nature as Spirit itself. I don't buy into ideas which many humans do and go beyond what I'm currently believing to be true about life and myself, which is the same thing. :) Other people may explore ideas such as "science", "religion" or maybe just being what we call "normal". All choices are valid and if it does exist then it has a place in existence since otherwise it simply wouldn't be given the room to exist. :p
Haha, yeah this is my reflection on what the OP (and others) wrote about in this thread.
Be well. :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:05 am

Interesting observation........is there such a thing as the scientific mainstream?  Science creates a theory out of the unknown and experiments to find proof of their theory.  Each is responsible for their own observations.
God bless, J

Return to “Psychic”