Claircognizance vs Normal Intuition?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Alliss

Claircognizance vs Normal Intuition?

Post by Alliss » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:33 pm

What's the difference between the two? Are they separate processes or the same process on a spectrum?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:04 am

Intuition can come in on a flash of information or knowledge.  Claircognizance can be beckoned from the spirit.  All in all probably very closely related.
God bless, J

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:05 am

Hello Alliss, :smt017

Mmmmmmm.... Excellent question.

Spiritalk is absolutely right about claircognizance usually coming from spirit, but technically the two terms are not exactly the same thing.

Claircognizance which means "clear knowing" or knowing something without any logical reasons for knowing it is regarded as a special type or subcategory of intuition. A subset of the intuition set?
Claircognizance is a very useful but unpopular skill. It means "clear knowing." In short, you have a knowing about things; the only problem is, you never seem to know HOW you know. You just do. It seems to come from nowhere. Some people mistake claircognizance for intuition or gut feelings, but there's a difference between the two. Intuition is more based on feelings or emotions, whereas claircognizance is focused more on specific bits of knowledge, such as knowing details of a stranger's relationship situation or knowing deep down that you have lived in another world. Claircognizance usually comes to you from spirit. It's basically your guides or other higher entities dumping information into your head.
http://thestarkeepers.blogspot.com.au/2 ... e-and.html

Hoping that this helps,

EoT  :smt003

Alliss

Post by Alliss » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:10 am

Ahh, yes, I think I understand.

Although, I'm still not sure exactly where my own intuition is coming from. I realise it's highly developed in comparison to that of people around me. Things seem obvious to me, but others don't see them so readily. I didn't really feel as though I had some special insight into a situation though, I expected that what was obvious to me was also obvious to others. It's only after noticing on many occasions that I reached a different conclusion, which often turned out to be correct, that I started thinking about why this is happening.

I need to have some knowledge of the situation first though. For instance, I don't get a feeling 'out of the blue' that someone has had an accident and later discover it's true or anything like that.

I tend to notice deception or hidden feelings and motives or predict a person's next actions. It's also common for me to be explaining something and I start understanding it more thoroughly as I'm speaking or writing the words. I'm aware that the knowledge wasn't there a moment before, but then it is, if that makes sense.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:41 am

Alliss,

I think that we can often get so tied up when deciding from where or from whom the psychic information is coming, that we may easily miss what it is attempting to tell us.

Just because a particular insight may come from our Higher Self, our Spirit guide or from a much loved deceased relative, does not necessarily mean that it automatically is the right or best thing for us to do.

The output of any psychic reading must always only be used in combination with non intuitive information coming from both professional and non professional sources, in helping  that person to make their mind up about a situation.

Rather than judging the value of a message or insight according to its presumed source, I always recommend that it be judged instead by how useful and practical the person whose reading it is finds it in helping him or herself to create a happier, healthier and more successful life, according to that individual's understanding of the meaning of these three words, as well as their personality and temperament.

Like yourself I need some basic information in order to get the intuitive juices flowing. This also gives me a greater feeling of connection and empathy for the client, which is critical to developing that feeling of both of us working closely and cooperatively together to help them with their problem.

Not that I am suggesting for one moment that you would ever attempt to deceive or trick a person who has come to you for help, but we all have hidden feelings and our own motives, many of which we may not be consciously aware of.

When reading another person's aura or personal energy field which is the most popular theory for how a psychic obtains their information, it is like a temporary energy pipe composed of numerous parallel threads of light is created between the auras of  the reader and his or her querent/sitter.

Much has been said in the literature about how this allows the psychic to tune into the person's main area of concern and life challenges, but few beginners realize that this information flow can work in the opposite direction as well.

It is therefore important for the psychic sensitive to ensure that they pay attention to their own centering, grounding and protection, as there have been reported cases of the reader becoming overpowered and his or her hidden feelings accidentally "read" by a customer with a particularly strong personality and charisma.

It may in some extreme cases especially when the reader is feeling under the weather, but goes ahead and gives a reading in spite of this, that their personality can be temporarily overshadowed or even dominated by the sheer force of the other person's energy of presence.

Sort of like a lead up to a possession by a spirit entity where both of the people concerned are still very much alive. But in the reverse direction from what would be normally expected (where the psychic's personality is the stronger of the two).

Always use safe and protected reading methods, and exercise good physical, mental, emotional and spiritual hygiene when giving readings.

EoT  :smt051

Alliss

Post by Alliss » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Thanks for the good advice, EoT.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Alliss,

You are as always more than welcome!

EoT   :smt041

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Psychic abilities all begin with the senses and manifesting them on the psychic/sensitive side of our nature.  After the 5 senses we add 2 more:  Intuition that comes through the gut, and I know which comes through the heart (the heart neither sees nor hears, it just knows).  So perhaps it is just where the information is manifesting from that causes your questions.  

Your heart is open to receive and it does.  That is a route of the spirit and spiritual.  Clairsentience is strongest.
God bless, J

Alliss

Post by Alliss » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:42 pm

So, to check that I'm understanding, when reading for somebody and a scenario or sequence of events unfold in my mind, that's claircognizance, coming from the heart?

Hearing someone speak and taking an immediate dislike to them, feeling that they can't be trusted, is intuition from the gut?

Also, one time during a reading, I became overwhelmed by emotional pain, which came from the persons childhood. Is that clairsentience?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 am

Spiritalk will answer your questions, but I am wondering why you attach so much importance as to whether something is due to claircognizance or intuition. Whether it comes through your mind or your heart.

Do you think that if psychic information comes through either claircognizance or intuition that it is somehow superior or closer to the truth of the situation when compared to information arriving through the other sensory channel?

The two senses are only very slightly different from one another, any way. It is mainly a matter of exactly how you define each them, rather than them being dramatically different.

It is a subtle matter of terminology or word meanings.

Is clairvoyant information always better than clairaudient information?

Of course not (it was a redundant question).

They are meant to work in combination with each other, with each sense making its own unique contribution to the overall picture.

Whether you sense something through your spiritual mind or spiritual heart, or whether you feel it in your head or gut (solar plexus), its validity needs to be carefully assessed on the basis of all previous relevant information and be thoroughly tested in the laboratory of your daily life: claircognizance or not claircognizance.

Judge the validity and usefulness of any intuitive information to you by whatever sustained positive results it produces in your life, and not by what you appear to be doing which is its exact mechanism or label or body part.

EoT :smt017

Alliss

Post by Alliss » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:31 am

I understand what you're saying.

I'm just an information junkie.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

I am a recovering information junkie

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:39 pm

I'm just an information junkie.
So am I, but I am trying very hard to kick the habit.

People born under the Sun sign of Sagittarius are especially gifted at storing information and knowledge away for later, much of which is regarded as being of little if any interest to most other people.

With you being a Leo, what is your excuse? :smt005

EoT  Image

Alliss

Post by Alliss » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:45 pm

I need to gather information to understand why I'm not a typical Leo
:p

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:11 pm

In many other ways I am not a typical Sagitarrian.

For example I am supposed to be outgoing and enjoy being the center of attention, when I am the complete opposite on both counts.

Remember as is also the case with your life path number in numerology, these are the average tendencies most expected at the exact moment of your birth.

Whatever has happened or not happened to you since then (your life experiences or environment) have in some way modified your original personality traits.

Life has a way of changing us from whom we could have potentially become, if the conditions had been different from what they were and are now.  

EoT  Image

Alliss

Post by Alliss » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:06 am

That makes sense.....
I was dropped a few times.....  :smt017

Return to “Psychic”