I don't want to have abilities...

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

amalia1991

I don't want to have abilities...

Post by amalia1991 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:45 am

I wouldn't consider myself psychic, but weird things are starting to happen to me. When I was 14 I started to have sleep paralysis on like a weekly basis. Sometimes more than that. I'd hear things like violins and I'd think it was my friend who'd just died because she used to play. And then I'd hear what I thought were goblins.. which I still can't explain. It got so bad that I'd hate to sleep. I'm 22 now and it doesn't happen as often but when it does, I try to fight it off. There was a point when I was trying to astral project (around age 20) but it took too much effort and I gave up. Now when it happens I hear TONS of conversations. I can tune into one, but I'll never remember it. I really can't explain it. But when it's happening it's like I know what I'm doing, and I'm not scared anymore. I don't understand any of it honestly. I wouldn't mind that going away. But recently I've been having things pop up into my head, like a normal thought, but then it'll actually happen. Like I'll be wanting to hear a song and the song will come on. Or I'll be thinking a certain interview happened on one of my youtube subscriptions and it'll be true. But the weirdest one was me seeing a poster for the Mandela movie, thinking "God he's old, I hope he doesn't get sick before the movie comes out like Ray Charles.." and then the next day I find out he's sick. I don't know what's going on but stuff like this would nevvvver happen to me. I'm a bit lost. I don't wanna meditate because I don't wanna open any other doors and end up seeing dead people. I've lost way too many people close to me and that'd scare the shit out of me. If someone actually took the time to read this, thank you. And do you have any advice?

MisterMarine0

Post by MisterMarine0 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:53 pm

I hope this is not an emotional plea for help because there are psychic traps involved with it because people like to prey on emotional people.

Now that is done with I just know that being young and emotional is a huge thing.  Maybe you need a few hugs or a shoulder to cry on.  It is good to have a close friend you can share your emotions with.  Who cares about the voices or whatever it is a part of your emotions.  You should not see dead people except for media exposure and funerals.  I remember the film the Sixth Sense and the little kid that used to say "I see dead people".  That is just in the imagination which is a part of emotions by the way.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Sleep paralysis has nothing to do with pychic abilities

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:41 am

YES do not confuse sleep paralysis with having psychic abilities.

Sleep paralysis is simply a breakdown for some yet to be discovered reason in the mechanism which ensures that we do not act out our dreams in real life, and hurt ourselves or our sleeping partners (or the bedroom furniture) in the bargain.

The hallucinations which you experience are merely admittedly frightening symptoms of a temporary disruption in the waking up process, where the mind can be almost fully conscious, but the body is still fast asleep and only seems to be paralyzed as a result.

There are many things that you can do to reduce the chances or stop"sleep paralysis" and the associated hallucinations from happening again, but if your psychic abilities are particularly well developed which I do not feel that yours are at this stage, your only two options are to learn to come to terms with and use them to help people, or go crazy.

Just as there is often a thin line between genius and insanity, there is also one between being psychic and psychotic.

"10 Ways to Prevent Sleep Paralysis" Posted by Ryan Hurd on April 12, 2011

http://dreamstudies.org/2011/04/12/10-w ... paralysis/

As I said above your psychic abilities are NOT developed or strong enough for you to be so frightened of them that you cannot choose not to use them if that is your decision. You can live a normal (for you) and full life, either with or without using your psychic abilities.
I don't wanna meditate because I don't wanna open any other doors and end up seeing dead people.
You can choose whether to meditate or not meditate. But meditation is done for a whole lot of different reasons other than communicating with dead people. From my own experiences it is the people who are still alive whom you have much more reason to worry yourself about.

The apparent appearance of your musical departed friend does not automatically mean that you are a medium, and that if you did meditate that your chances of seeing a dead person are any more than the rest of us.

BTW most dead people look happier and healthier than we do. It is only when they need to identify themselves to a medium that they often show how they died. Most "dead people" are not troubled or evil spirits, and they are not scary at all.

Often the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Your fear of what a dead person looks like is likely to be much greater than any fear you experience if you ever see one, which from what you have told us is most unlikely.  Fear of the unknown is one of the most effective brakes for anyone developing psychic or mediumistic abilities.

EoT  :)

amalia1991

Post by amalia1991 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:51 am

I don't think I know how to reply properly on this. This wasn't an emotional plea, I am young and I may come off as emotional but that wasn't on purpose. I'd hope no one would prey on me... I was just wondering if that stuff was normal. And both the sleep paralysis and seeing dead people thing freak me out because I have family on both sides that can do both things. Or could. My aunt could travel out of her body which I assumed was some kind of lucid dreaming of astral projection. And my dad said she died when she just decided not to come back. I don't know the details I don't even know how anyone would know she decided that but that's what I've been told. But i read on some website that female cancers are likely to be really sensitive to that kind of stuff. And one of my living aunts can see dead people. We've had a lot of deaths in our family and when they die I guess they visit her before they're off. But that side of my family is creole and they live in the south so they have all that thick history around them. I don't think that got to me since i was raised in california i just thought maybe the psychic gene was strong since it was on both sides. But if not that's cool too! I might just be super intuitive being a cancer and all lol. Thanks for both of you replies.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

First identify what your main fear really is

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:05 am

Amalia,

You are quite safe on MB from anyone who would want to prey upon you, and even if your were on another website which was less safe than this one, a predator would not stand a chance with you (this is intended as a compliment).

May I say that although you are only in your early twenties, you come across to me as a highly intelligent, no nonsense and emotionally stable young woman who would not have posted this here if it was not currently a matter of considerable concern to you.

Finding yourself unable to move your body and feeling like you are being attacked in your bedroom in the early hours and possibly losing your sanity would make any person freak out, regardless of their age or how many times it has happened to them before.

Sleep paralysis can be a terrifying experience for most of us, and the only way I know of reducing your understandable fear about this happening to you again is to demystify it and show you that it can be explained by entirely scientific, rational means and that there are practical things which you can do to significantly reduce the chances of it ever happening to you again.

Sleep paralysis is a temporary breakdown in a completely normal protective mechanism. It does not necessarily mean that there is something actually wrong or abnormal about you.

As for the other part about your aunt's possible lucid dreaming and astral projection, I have no doubt in my mind that this really happened. And I do understand that with your maternal (?) aunt being capable of doing this and your own father apparently having access to knowledge about dead people, this does strongly suggest that the psychic gift or gene is strongly expressed in your family on both sides, and that it would not therefore be so surprising if you had inherited it.

But the suggestion that certain female cancers are likely to be really sensitive to you having the psychic gene and abilities should remind you that anything published on the internet immediately becomes unquestionably true, and that we all need to look much more closely at what scientifically valid evidence is available to support this bold hypothesis.

I am especially concerned that you may presently be suffering from such a cancer, (or self diagnosing that you have) and that this utter drivel is unnecessarily adding to your understandable anxiety about your health and your life expectancy. And may be even stopping you from seeking conventional treatment if you are cancer positive.

So your main fear is not so much that of seeing dead people, but rather it is that this must mean that you have the psychic gene, and that you are therefore more likely to have the cancer and if you do have it, a much greater risk of dying from it at a young age.

It is often much easier to deal with a fear, when it has first been properly identified?

Could you please direct me to the website in question by providing a link to it in your response?

Let us look at it together in greater detail, and see how the evidence for such a wild assertion stands up to being tested in the light or reality. I want you to take good care of yourself in the mean time, and see your doctor if necessary.

Take care,

EoT Image

Return to “Psychic”