Contact with Spirit Guides

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Brahma Mihira

Contact with Spirit Guides

Post by Brahma Mihira » Sat May 17, 2014 6:16 am

Dear Friends,

Just I like to know methods of communicating with our spirit guides. Such as way of address them and pray for them?

As my way is doing meditation then concentrate my mind into alpha level then ask help from them.

I like to see others share their experience who have experience with their spirit guides.

Thanks!

:smt017
Neither mother, father nor any other relative can do one great splendor than one's own well-directed mind!

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat May 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Hi Brahma,

I am thinking that your posting belongs more on the Mediumship - Understanding and Development forum than it does on this board. Or perhaps the Mediumship Questions and Answers subforum.

Yes we do cover the different methods of meditation for non mediumistic purposes, but I feel that your question is specifically about communication with spirit guides, which a psychic does not normally work through.

I will however leave this where it is for now, but cannot help you personally as it is completely outside of my field of experience or expertise to advise you about.

Spiritalk would probably be the best person for you to ask about this, either here or on the Medium ship forum.

Patience is a virtue which most of us do not have enough time for.

EoT  :smt005

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Sun May 18, 2014 3:04 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:Hi Brahma,

I am thinking that your posting belongs more on the Mediumship - Understanding and Development forum than it does on this board. Or perhaps the Mediumship Questions and Answers subforum.

Yes we do cover the different methods of meditation for non mediumistic purposes, but I feel that your question is specifically about communication with spirit guides, which a psychic does not normally work through.

I will however leave this where it is for now, but cannot help you personally as it is completely outside of my field of experience or expertise to advise you about.

Spiritalk would probably be the best person for you to ask about this, either here or on the Medium ship forum.

Hi EoT,

Here I'm not meaning mediumship, just ways of communicating with guides as normal person or psychic, but one methods is contacting through mediumship. If we know about our spirit guides via clairvoyant then next step is become friend with them.

Thanks!
Neither mother, father nor any other relative can do one great splendor than one's own well-directed mind!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun May 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:
eye_of_tiger wrote:Hi Brahma,

Hi EoT,

Here I'm not meaning mediumship, just ways of communicating with guides as normal person or psychic, but one methods is contacting through mediumship. If we know about our spirit guides via clairvoyant then next step is become friend with them.

Thanks!
Dear Brahma,

Yes one could argue both ways, but since Spirit guides and guardian angels (or angels in general) is when a human tries to contact (or even become aware of) them as 'entities', the perception would fall into the mediumistic-channeling classification. That said, our minds tend to classify all these different *awarenesses* of the para- or supra-physical realms as psychic perceptions.

That aside, one significant element of Reiki attunements and practice deals with connecting and becoming aware of spirit guides. However, Reiki is very flexible in many ways and one does not progress in that direction (contacting guides) unless the practitioner wants to and focuses ones attention gratefully towards such awareness. In many it can just be an intense awareness of their 'presence' and not in the sense of seeing them or actually hearing them, but certainly is deemed to be possible. Either way, the clarity of such experience and the message is unmistakably very clear and turns out to be very reliable guidance. Patience is indeed a virtue and propellant in such pursuits and perhaps it helps to do so with utmost sincerity and not in the mind-set of gaining or greed etc.

I have also heard of accounts (Brian Weiss and his PLR hypnotic experiences, for instance) where to subjects in hypnotic trance in certain states, guides have revealed themselves and sent important messages or guidance in rather striking manner (voice changes and the style and tone etc different from normal speech of the subject) which almost seems similar to channeling (e.g., in the case of Jane Roberts, when Seth spoke through her). All rather fascinating material!

Hope this helps,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Mediumship vs Channelling vs ?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon May 19, 2014 12:00 am

Yes one could argue both ways, but since Spirit guides and guardian angels (or angels in general) is when a human tries to contact (or even become aware of) them as 'entities', the perception would fall into the mediumistic-channeling classification. That said, our minds tend to classify all these different *awarenesses* of the para- or supra-physical realms as psychic perceptions.
To the both of you I feel that we are talking here about the differences between "mediumship" and "channelling" (although in many places on the web the two terms are used interchangeably as if they were always the same thing.

Mediumship is specifically defined as communication between spirits of the dead and living human beings.

While some mediums can also act as channels channelling can also extend to communication with and transmission of messages from another living person, animals both living and discarnate or even in some more controversial cases aliens from other worlds or other dimensions, or more way out channelling the voices of fictional characters (done by writers). Then there is channelling one's own Higher Self (an aspect of our own unconscious mind).

The modern definition of channelling is clearly broader and more inclusive of other agents than the older mediumship.

Channeling Spirits:
The Easy Way to Contact Aliens

http://www.alieninfluence.com/channeling-spirits.html

Soulbonding – Channeling in Fiction

http://sladeroberson.com/writing/soulbo ... ction.html

Channeling Higher Self

http://channellinghigherself.com/

Even though so far we have so far not looked at anything practical about the particular methods used for these forms of communication usually with discarnate beings, this is turning into a very interesting discussion and I would like to thank Brahma for beginning the thread and giving this forum a long overdue boost or kick start.

Keep up the good work everyone,

EoT :smt003

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Mon May 19, 2014 10:51 am

Dear RR Ji and EoF,

Yes, I'm accept your both ideas. I had read books of Dr. Brian Weiss and his PLR hypnotic experiences, so he provides evidences for parallel universe, alines, spirit guides and angles. Here just I wonder spirits who can consider as spirit guides and they might not our dead ones (positive) or other sort of negative spirits. I think we can't always communicate with angles as they only come for especial duties. But spirit guiders who always stay with us for support us for spiritual development and they can be used for link with higher angles.
That aside, one significant element of Reiki attunements and practice deals with connecting and becoming aware of spirit guides. However, Reiki is very flexible in many ways and one does not progress in that direction (contacting guides) unless the practitioner wants to and focuses ones attention gratefully towards such awareness. In many it can just be an intense awareness of their 'presence' and not in the sense of seeing them or actually hearing them, but certainly is deemed to be possible. Either way, the clarity of such experience and the message is unmistakably very clear and turns out to be very reliable guidance. Patience is indeed a virtue and propellant in such pursuits and perhaps it helps to do so with utmost sincerity and not in the mind-set of gaining or greed etc.

What is your idea about Pranic Healing in this case?

Thanks!

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

A possible explanation for something is NOT the same as solid evidence of it

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed May 21, 2014 12:40 am

I had read books of Dr. Brian Weiss and his PLR hypnotic experiences, so he provides evidences for parallel universe, alines, spirit guides and angles.
Sorry Brahma but the hypnotic regression sessions which Dr Weiss conducts upon his experimental subjects could be interpreted as possible evidence for the existence of parallel universes, aliens, spirit guides and angels.

That is if you are willing to eliminate the much more likely interpretation that the people whom he is regressing are being subconsciously influenced or lead by Weiss's own beliefs in alternate universes and supernatural beings to behave in line with those beliefs.

Now Dr Weiss is a highly educated, I believe well meaning and reputable scientist.

HE IS NEITHER A FOOL NOR A FRAUD!

Please note that I am NOT saying here either that I think that Dr Weiss's work is of no value whatsoever in more deeply exploring the contents of the human unconscious mind, or that he is consciously, deliberately or maliciously manipulating his subjects in a deceitful manner in order to support his own theories.

I am also NOT saying that it is impossible that that these other dimensions and beings exist somewhere separately from us, but I do feel that all other possible explanations must first be eliminated before we prematurely reach the conclusion that what happens during Weiss's experiments ARE SOLID EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF THESE THINGS.

The scientific method using carefully controlled experiments is our only reliable method of separating fact from fiction, or reality from blind superstition and religious fundamentalism.

Did you know that some therapists and pseudo scientists who similarly conduct hypnotic regressions with the healing intention to explore past lives presumably to help their patients cope with their current lifetime DO NOT ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN REINCARNATION AT ALL (just as there are religious ministers who do not believe in God)?

They validate their practices by saying that if their subjects believe in these things and by believing in them they are helped or healed, then perhaps it is not important to determine if they do or do not exist in reality. If by doing these regressions the person is helped and healed, then perhaps no harm is done by the therapist making out that he or she believes in them?

Clearly you do not necessarily have to believe in past lives (with reincarnation being a prerequisite to this), parallel universes, aliens, spirit guides and angels for hypnotic regression therapy to be able to help you cope with this life.

But interestingly past life therapists themselves do not have to necessarily believe in the reality of these things in order to be able to help many of their often deeply troubled patients.
Here just I wonder spirits who can consider as spirit guides and they might not our dead ones (positive) or other sort of negative spirits.
Both these explanations are possible.

Another possible explanation is that these things only exist in our own unconscious minds and are actually parts of our minds which help us to find meaning and purpose in our lives, in an increasingly unpredictable and chaotic world.

Regards,

EoT  :)

Brahma Mihira

Re: A possible explanation for something is NOT the same as solid evidence of it

Post by Brahma Mihira » Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:
I had read books of Dr. Brian Weiss and his PLR hypnotic experiences, so he provides evidences for parallel universe, alines, spirit guides and angles.
Sorry Brahma but the hypnotic regression sessions which Dr Weiss conducts upon his experimental subjects could be interpreted as possible evidence for the existence of parallel universes, aliens, spirit guides and angels.

That is if you are willing to eliminate the much more likely interpretation that the people whom he is regressing are being subconsciously influenced or lead by Weiss's own beliefs in alternate universes and supernatural beings to behave in line with those beliefs.

Now Dr Weiss is a highly educated, I believe well meaning and reputable scientist.

HE IS NEITHER A FOOL NOR A FRAUD!

Please note that I am NOT saying here either that I think that Dr Weiss's work is of no value whatsoever in more deeply exploring the contents of the human unconscious mind, or that he is consciously, deliberately or maliciously manipulating his subjects in a deceitful manner in order to support his own theories.

I am also NOT saying that it is impossible that that these other dimensions and beings exist somewhere separately from us, but I do feel that all other possible explanations must first be eliminated before we prematurely reach the conclusion that what happens during Weiss's experiments ARE SOLID EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF THESE THINGS.

The scientific method using carefully controlled experiments is our only reliable method of separating fact from fiction, or reality from blind superstition and religious fundamentalism.

Did you know that some therapists and pseudo scientists who similarly conduct hypnotic regressions with the healing intention to explore past lives presumably to help their patients cope with their current lifetime DO NOT ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN REINCARNATION AT ALL (just as there are religious ministers who do not believe in God)?

They validate their practices by saying that if their subjects believe in these things and by believing in them they are helped or healed, then perhaps it is not important to determine if they do or do not exist in reality. If by doing these regressions the person is helped and healed, then perhaps no harm is done by the therapist making out that he or she believes in them?

Clearly you do not necessarily have to believe in past lives (with reincarnation being a prerequisite to this), parallel universes, aliens, spirit guides and angels for hypnotic regression therapy to be able to help you cope with this life.

But interestingly past life therapists themselves do not have to necessarily believe in the reality of these things in order to be able to help many of their often deeply troubled patients.
Here just I wonder spirits who can consider as spirit guides and they might not our dead ones (positive) or other sort of negative spirits.
Both these explanations are possible.

Another possible explanation is that these things only exist in our own unconscious minds and are actually parts of our minds which help us to find meaning and purpose in our lives, in an increasingly unpredictable and chaotic world.

Regards,

Yes, I accept your idea. In this case, I mean from evidences which are not meaning truth, but can be lead to sort out theory.  

Yes. Messages come as spirit guides, can be suggestions from our own super-ego, from aliens who stay with us but we don't know or from akashic records.

caithiggs

Post by caithiggs » Wed May 21, 2014 11:29 am

Speaking of our sub conscience, I only really communicate through my dreams (though I feel I have guides around me always--including my daughter before she was born, who was always waiting for the right moment to incarnate with me). But often I get messages or hints in my dreams not really because I have consciously asked for them. It seems more likely they are reaching out to me in these situations. If I pull out my tarot then I am asking them for a message. But I don't really know how to address them directly. I think any time they are in my thoughts with gratitude, they get it.

I would like to try and meditate more and make it a more conscious experience.

But, as some very kind ladies once told me in a dream: "the angels are always singing, even when no one can hear them" :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 22, 2014 3:24 pm

caithiggs wrote: ...
But, as some very kind ladies once told me in a dream: "the angels are always singing, even when no one can hear them" :)
I too believe in that!
Scientific method works best for more or less tangible realm and shakily so when it begins to examine the more subtle realm of mind and beyond. Perhaps some day scientific method may become capable, but the time is not here yet! Not in a fully-developed manner. It even fails miserably when testing pharmaceuticals in all kinds of expensive blinded and controlled clinical trials. The real problems in the post-marketing phase and drugs getting recalled after human misery has already occurred should give us a sobering thought!

I realize that we all tend to think of spirits as *external* but probably we (bodies and mind etc) are external to a REALM where events and entities are more ONE and where sequence and linearity loses its meaning and purpose. This somewhat runs counter to the belief about hierarchies of spirits, spiritual realm, dimensions of spirit etc etc. My sense (belief and not rocket-science based!) is that due to our staying focused in the so called physical, worldly realm (and it is essential for life to continue!) most remain disconnected from the spiritual dimension. For minds in meditation or hypnotic regression and certainly when dreaming, the *connection* gets established or probably re-established and hence the spiritual information flows in and our inner ears open and receive the singing and guidance from the angels and spirits.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote: ...

Thanks!
Dear Brahma ji,

There are many forms of ways in which we earthly humans have been blessed to tap into the spiritual realm of healing energies. Potentially, I believe, all of these are connected with our intentions. So, even if I am not conversant with pranic healing, I would be very surprised if it is not equally capable in the case we are discussing. Prana, Chi/Ki, and other brands of healing and channeling such healings as are experienced by many healers and the healed (sometimes even cured!) are perhaps more united with ONE SOURCE, way more than we like to portray those as!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Sat May 24, 2014 2:47 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote: ...

Thanks!
Dear Brahma ji,

There are many forms of ways in which we earthly humans have been blessed to tap into the spiritual realm of healing energies. Potentially, I believe, all of these are connected with our intentions. So, even if I am not conversant with pranic healing, I would be very surprised if it is not equally capable in the case we are discussing. Prana, Chi/Ki, and other brands of healing and channeling such healings as are experienced by many healers and the healed (sometimes even cured!) are perhaps more united with ONE SOURCE, way more than we like to portray those as!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

I'm also thinking as this way...

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat May 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Spirit Guides as a topic of discussion and study is very diverse and interesting.  So many ideas, so much thinking!  

The scientific community is now coming closer to examination of all things, not from a mechanical viewpoint but more as a 'cosmic dance of energies'.  In this way, some of the mind and consciousness that is already being examined by mediums and psychics will offer them a full range of material to go forward.  I truly hope so!

In Spiritualism (science, philosophy, religion) we have a mandate to made some sense of these topics.  Mediumship is studied, learned, discussed and worked at every meeting.  So the mandate is good, solid information to go forward.  

The way I see it......

Spirit is an energy within all of us.  And the spirit of the individual is eternal, in that it moves from a physical existence and continues as a spirit existence.  That is the study of the afterlife and where it can make sense.  

Spirit guides are willing to learn and come back to the earth plane to learn lessons through those they guide.  It is a symbiotic relationship with both growing in spirituality. They have lived their earth life and can offer some guidance like a beloved friend.  

When a good living (this does not depend  upon any religion) person goes to spirit there are spheres to consider.  They land at the 3rd out of 7.  This can be seen then as more opportunity for growth and learning.  I, personally, think an afterlife of sitting on a cloud singing would not suit a temperament who was busy, even in mind, while in the earth life.  How about  you?

There are 3 strata of spirit to be found in the afterlife:  our loved ones, spirit guides, angels.  All 3 have their purpose and mandate, each in their own way.  

The means of communication is called mediumship which requires a certain amount of attunement to be in touch with both worlds - the physical and the spirit.  Spirit guides are the intermediaries between these worlds.  They are not our loved ones.  The information from someone we already know would be as suspect or reliable as your relationship.  With a spirit guide it is just good advice.

The courses of study we use in Spiritualism cover such topics as the afterlife and spirit guides, and guardians.  As the questions of personal experience arise, it is important to learn the basics to move forward with communication.
God bless, J

caithiggs

Post by caithiggs » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:08 pm

spiritalk wrote:Spirit Guides as a topic of discussion and study is very diverse and interesting.  So many ideas, so much thinking!  

The scientific community is now coming closer to examination of all things, not from a mechanical viewpoint but more as a 'cosmic dance of energies'.  In this way, some of the mind and consciousness that is already being examined by mediums and psychics will offer them a full range of material to go forward.  I truly hope so!

In Spiritualism (science, philosophy, religion) we have a mandate to made some sense of these topics.  Mediumship is studied, learned, discussed and worked at every meeting.  So the mandate is good, solid information to go forward.  

The way I see it......

Spirit is an energy within all of us.  And the spirit of the individual is eternal, in that it moves from a physical existence and continues as a spirit existence.  That is the study of the afterlife and where it can make sense.  

Spirit guides are willing to learn and come back to the earth plane to learn lessons through those they guide.  It is a symbiotic relationship with both growing in spirituality. They have lived their earth life and can offer some guidance like a beloved friend.  

When a good living (this does not depend  upon any religion) person goes to spirit there are spheres to consider.  They land at the 3rd out of 7.  This can be seen then as more opportunity for growth and learning.  I, personally, think an afterlife of sitting on a cloud singing would not suit a temperament who was busy, even in mind, while in the earth life.  How about  you?

There are 3 strata of spirit to be found in the afterlife:  our loved ones, spirit guides, angels.  All 3 have their purpose and mandate, each in their own way.  

The means of communication is called mediumship which requires a certain amount of attunement to be in touch with both worlds - the physical and the spirit.  Spirit guides are the intermediaries between these worlds.  They are not our loved ones.  The information from someone we already know would be as suspect or reliable as your relationship.  With a spirit guide it is just good advice.

The courses of study we use in Spiritualism cover such topics as the afterlife and spirit guides, and guardians.  As the questions of personal experience arise, it is important to learn the basics to move forward with communication.
Well said, spiritalk.

Where do I sign up for this spiritualism thing? ;)

Rohiniranjan

Re: A possible explanation for something is NOT the same as solid evidence of it

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:49 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote: ...

Regards,

Yet another *explanation* that I have faith in (meaning -- cannot prove objectively with scopes and meters and gauges or plain water changing its colour or sticks turning into snakes etc etc without which sceptics like some that stray into mystic board arrive from time to time, etc etc. ;-)) is something simpler and (to me) obvious always or at least since I was a little boy, is what I shall offer. My hesitancy to do that earlier in so many words had reasons, but anyways, this is what I perceive:

Human beings, and perhaps (PURR-haps all living beings...?) are like radio receiver-transmitters, essentially trans-ducers who can perceive feeble energy fields and translate those into other energy-sensory modalities; Transducers are used in medicine and laboratories and convert touch or pressure into electricity. The ordinary blood pressure machines do that, and they are potentially great amplifiers, such as radios which pick up feeble radio waves and amplify, process them out of a sea of electrical noise (essentially) and cleanse and then convert those into sound or in the case of a TV into light and sound and we learn things or entertain ourselves).

Now there are radios and there are RADIOS and there are some more! THAT is the only difference for the ocean of energy is constant! Individual at(TUNING) is not!!

Our radios have three (broadly-speaking) stages. There is the conscious mind, there is the subconscious mind and there is the zone known as unconscious mind. There are complex filters and modifiers and modulator systems many of which are self-protective to protect the sensitive stages in the radio from constantly remaining on and risking burn-out!

The radios are in an ocean of energy which has all kinds of waves and frequencies and so on, from the feeblest to the strong ones that when they splash in our faces, it is hard not to notice <LOL>

When the conscious radio stage is off or on stand-by or in sleep mode (or meditation mode), the other more sensitive stages of the radio become responsive and active and begin perceiving and deciphering more feeble energy <RF-like> waves (all energy in essence) and some of the material gets recorded on memory-tape (neurons?) and delivered to the conscious mind (radio) ["Hey I saw this dream the other night! What does it mean, hey MB friends?"]. This is reminiscent of the TV shows we used to record on VCRs and now hancy-fancy digital cable HDs and cloud and elsewhere!

Hypnotism can also help in switching off or putting on power-save mode, the conscious radio and turn on the more sensitive radios and so on.

The unconscious mind and perhaps that radio has many sub-stages is the most complex and mysterious one but it has potentially near infinite powers which are not readily discernible to us or many of us, I think. Its reach insofar as radios go is unfathomable for most of us, since it has the capability to bring in really feeble signals from out far in the energy web of the Universe and as a matter of fact probably never is completely switched off and brings in important information and makes sure it gets delivered to the other stages (subconscious or conscious) and we call those hunches and intuitions sometimes arising as feeling (in the pit of the stomach), sometimes as an emotion (a senstation of foreboding), or even sounds and visual (visions). On the negative side, sometimes there are defects (diseases or drugs can cause those) and the superficial radios malfunction and misperception results in troublesome delusions, illusions and hallucinations!

The spiritual and angelic phenomena and messages and vision too work through this radio, when well developed by practices of one lifetime or several lifetimes (psychics from birth!) and there are different schools and systems of spiritual growth etc that can train the radios, to make them more responsive to the energy field that always exists, collects all the information and retains it. Veritably the Grand and permanent repertoire which some call CLOUD (this one is human-created) or AKASHIK RECORDS and other names and labels and claims that THIS IS HOW IT IS! <HAHA>

That these radios can be tuned and attuned must not surprise those who are in-tune with healing energies which have a Universal SOURCE, we call by many names and so on, but while accessible to any and all, in most healers those can be reliably tapped in, presumably through these radios I described here. And so too pretty much other waves of energy which afterall is mutable and can like LIGHT coexist as a particle or a wave!

And, Albert Einstein's conscious and subconscious radios were fully energized and in tune and we received E==MC^2

Humbly submitted!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Psychic”