Is my or your psychic gift a blessing or a curse?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Is my or your psychic gift a blessing or a curse?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:54 pm

Many people who possess psychic and/or mediumistic abilities regard them as being a gift from either the Universe or God.

But like most gifts these also appear to have their own advantages and disadvantages, pluses and minuses, upsides and downsides to the individual, as well as to the people who are closest to them: their family.

I would like to begin a discussion in this thread where people who believe that they are so gifted are given the opportunity to consider in more detail about whether they regard their abilities as being more a blessing or a curse.

Or do they think of only some of their gifts as a blessing?

And for those members who do not believe that they possess any significant spiritual/psychic gifts (at least any which they are consciously aware of having), you also have an opportunity here to ask your questions on this subject, to those who do.

EoT   :smt038

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:56 pm

I prefer the word 'abilities' to 'gifts'.  A gift is given - nothing more to do.  The fact is that all our talents need to be honed in some way.  Even a concert pianist had to have a teacher to give them a way around the instrument by learning the keyboard.

Many people spend their lifetime trying to ignore or otherwise dismiss any latent talents.  Perhaps with understanding there would be less fear.

I work with spirit on a constant basis and practice my attunement for clarity.
God bless, J

bettyboop19

Blessing or a curse

Post by bettyboop19 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:31 pm

I'm not sure that I'm psychic, but you tell me.
This story just one of my stories.
I don't know what to make of it:

I didn't quite understand why every time I checked the time it was 4:20am or 4:20pm. It was a year later when it made sense, because that was the time my mom passed away. Another incident happened when I was just about to give my mom her medication, I heard my mom telling me her throat was closed, and I said out loud to my sister "her throat is closed"? my sister told me "that's what hospice nurse told me"! I replied "why didn't you tell me"? She just stood there and said nothing.

What would you call it? Because I don't know what to think.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:58 pm

We all have the capacity to be sensitive to our psychic abilities.  Those that acknowledge and learn more, gain more in that direction.  Be open and available on all your senses at that psychic, sensitive level and you will know more.
God bless, J

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:27 pm

I feel some is a blessing, to be able to give insight, messages from loved ones, but Empath, can be a burden as well, if one doesnt know how to ground properly.  (and not only the Empaths) but the blessing there is, that one can reverse heal, and tune in to know how they can help better.

It can be a burden to Know some things are going to happen and not be able to change it, or to tell anyone, its a burden, not a curse. as I guess we are told for reasons unknown, to prepare, and its a learning curve to develop good grounding and shielding (well, converting energy) for the Empaths who take on so much.  We are never given more than we can hold.

I have to agree, I use the words ABilities more often than i would think of Gift, as its something inside us, like singing, painting, walking. but I do understand others using that word, . :) much better than saying psychic powers/

good questions here EoT :)
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

"be the change you wish to see in the world" Ghandi

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:36 am

Spiritalk wrote......
Many people spend their lifetime trying to ignore or otherwise dismiss any latent talents.
This is true with some people but do you believe that all people who possess these abilities are under some sort of moral obligation to become more aware of and develop them, when there are other things happening in their lives at the time which must necessarily be given a higher priority?

For example do you believe that if there is a conflict between a person developing his or her psychic abilities and them staying safe and free of persecution, that their abilities must be developed no matter what the consequences are to both themselves and their loved ones?

I ask this question because some of our members came to and joined MB precisely because they have been bought up by deeply religious parents, where even admitting that they might have psychic abilities is interpreted to mean that they are automatically in league with Satan, and that they must therefore be purged of their inner demons either by a psychiatrist or exorcist.

Repressing one's psychic abilities out of practical necessity, may not always be the same as ignoring or dismissing them.

Would you agree?

Excellent discussion.

Thanks!

EoT  :smt004

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:57 pm

EOT:  There are often many reasons that people do not work with what they have in talents - this includes but is not limited to psychics.  Suppose you were in a family that is so fearful of a particular career (suppose construction) that they warn any relatives off too.  This is where we all must follow our own heart and instincts in life.  There are many called for the spirit input and few answer.

SW:  
It can be a burden to Know some things are going to happen and not be able to change it, or to tell anyone, its a burden, not a curse.

If this is a constant focus in your psychic work, my suggestion would be to tell whoever your guide is to back off til they can be useful.  It happened to me in the beginning.  If I don`t have tea with the queen, why would I get a message for her.  This is my approach - use what you have and be in the reality of your life.
God bless, J

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:30 am

EOT:  There are often many reasons that people do not work with what they have in talents - this includes but is not limited to psychics.  Suppose you were in a family that is so fearful of a particular career (suppose construction) that they warn any relatives off too.  This is where we all must follow our own heart and instincts in life.  There are many called for the spirit input and few answer.
Dear J, :smt007

You have once again made some very valid and relevant points in your response to my question. I have come to value your ideas and opinions even more because I know better than most of our members that they are based upon your own real life experiences, and are not simply what you read in somebody else's book or what you saw on somebody else's website. Practical first hand experience of these things always gives a person's ideas and opinions greater weight with me.

Then I think that we both agree that the reasons why only few people of the many who are called for the spirit input actually answer the call are numerous, highly varied and often complicated by personal factors, and that they are not especially different or unique when compared to the reasons why people ignore or decide not to develop their latent talents in other areas not related to the psychic or spiritual.

While it is true that we must to some degree follow our own hearts and instincts to help guide us in these decisions, other restrictions are placed upon us by other people or we frequently place restrictions upon ourselves in what we are made to believe (or believe ourselves) is possible or worthy of our time and energies.

Respectfully yours,

EoT :smt052

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:47 am

Spirittalk,
I have done just that, and told my guides to prevent me from knowing things unless its for someones greater good. If I am unable to utilise the information, then hold it from me until I am stronger to know more about what to do with it. , I know we get told, in some cases to prepare one.. but who really wants to know certain things especially if it can not be changed. wouldnt one prefer to go throughout their days enjoying every moment, rather than having that fear of what is to come. So I have requested from my guide to filter the information given, and so far it appears to be working. I feel free of that burden, of holding onto information.

:)
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

"be the change you wish to see in the world" Ghandi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:08 pm

Spiritwhisperer wrote:I feel some is a blessing, to be able to give insight, messages from loved ones, but Empath, can be a burden as well, if one doesnt know how to ground properly.  (and not only the Empaths) but the blessing there is, that one can reverse heal, and tune in to know how they can help better.

It can be a burden to Know some things are going to happen and not be able to change it, or to tell anyone, its a burden, not a curse. as I guess we are told for reasons unknown, to prepare, and its a learning curve to develop good grounding and shielding (well, converting energy) for the Empaths who take on so much.  We are never given more than we can hold.

I have to agree, I use the words ABilities more often than i would think of Gift, as its something inside us, like singing, painting, walking. but I do understand others using that word, . :) much better than saying psychic powers

good questions here EoT :)
Or, perhaps just a part of the *current life-plan (curriculum)?* After all, the soul does not express itself fully in each and every life-time, does it? We (slivers and fragments of soul-consciousness actuated) arrive in the earthly realm to learn certain aspects about life with limitations (earthly?) and were equipped with just enough awareness etc to not get too distracted. Though some of us still manage to get distracted and scattered...! :-)

Just like the unexpressed, repressed genes, not all of our syllabus becomes available to our knowledge or recall (past lifetimes and experiences-learnings?) even in a given lifetime?

Unless one is Gautama Buddha or Bodhisatva, of course! Such beings are as rare as the proverbial hen's teeth, DESPITE all kinds of dramatic claims and bravados notwithstanding! ;-)

Love, Light and Reality!

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:11 pm

spiritalk wrote:I prefer the word 'abilities' to 'gifts'.  A gift is given - nothing more to do.  The fact is that all our talents need to be honed in some way.  Even a concert pianist had to have a teacher to give them a way around the instrument by learning the keyboard.

Many people spend their lifetime trying to ignore or otherwise dismiss any latent talents.  Perhaps with understanding there would be less fear.

I work with spirit on a constant basis and practice my attunement for clarity.
Abilities do not develop any further without dedication and practice! CONSTANT practice! It is not true just for psychic/spiritual/mediumistic *abilities* but also for other forms of divinations utilizing tarot, other objects and also for astrology!

Without getting ensnared and entangled (same difference!) in the role of destiny vs free-will in this sector, and arguments and debate (mental gymnastics?) and their questionable pleasures aside, the simple reality is the same in the physical as also in the spiritual!

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! Even if a few lifetimes might be required!!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Psychic”