Should psychics and mediums charge for their services?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Should psychics and mediums charge for their services?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:34 am

Firstly before any person gets the wrong idea, we have never, are not currently, and are not planning any time in the future to charge a fee for readings given on Mystic Board.

However there is the common belief by many who are looking for guidance from psychics and mediums that since these gifts were so freely given to the psychic/medium by God, that it is therefore wrong, indecent or improper for the individual to charge a fee for his or her services. Especially a fee which is well above those charged by other psychics and mediums at that time.

1. Should psychics and mediums charge for their services?

2. Should psychics and mediums be allowed by the law of the country in which they are living to charge for their services?

3. Are there specific circumstances where they should charge or be allowed to legally charge for their services in that country, and others where they should not?

Could we please have your ideas and opinions in this thread in response to the above three questions in bold print?

Thank you all,

EoT  :smt023

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:17 am

1. Should psychics and mediums charge for their services?

well, yes, they should if they are drawn to (by no means saying that they HAVE to charge) however a artist will charge for his abilities, a singer, a actor, surgeons etc and those are something they develop but is a natural ability within them. and it is no different to one, who is able to offer advice, or connect to a loved one.  (except the tools they use.. its all about training and experience :)

2. Should psychics and mediums be allowed by the law of the country in which they are living to charge for their services?
yes, as they have to live, and should have something to run by, so they dont overcharge or anything, a standard to go by. If the are going to become regular at charging they should have evidence to support them, feedback of their accuracy, and the knowledge of the ethics of doing readigns for another.

3. Are there specific circumstances where they should charge or be allowed to legally charge for their services in that country, and others where they should not?

... im not sure this one, whilst I am all for people charging fees (reasonable ones though) if they feel they are using their own energies often, I find it good the ones that have a balance. to offer some free services, as well as charging for ones that use further energy.

If they are giving basic readings, and are consistently incorrect, or it is not aiding someone for their greater good.. then they shouldnt charge.. i feel its all about experience..

(and I could be explainign my thoughts wrong lol)  

Good question though, I have seen this one often, and see how many people are against mediums charging for their energies.. but to me its no different to having the ability to draw a masterpiece :)

regards
SW
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

"be the change you wish to see in the world" Ghandi

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:08 pm

To charge or Not to charge - the controversy marches on!  

In the material world it is necessary to have a job.  Which talents within yourself do you use to obtain that job?  Are those talents any more or less important to you as an individual than the psychic talent?
God bless, J

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:35 pm

Whether one is a psychic, spiritualist, medium, divinator, etc, one spends time and good money in learning and polishing ones abilities and also time is spent in preparing the reading, and so on. So, as a simple matter known as pragmatism, there is no need for anyone feeling guilty for charging or in many cases becoming victim to individuals who are addicted to free readings and try to lay a guilt-trip on the service-provider when they can ;-)

We practice all kinds of shieldings using a variety of procedures but often forget about shielding ourselves from such abuse! :-)

It is a bigger challenge for those who provide such mystical services because we operate not entirely in the worldly realm! That said, most of us do use the CLOCK/TIME of the Worldly realm and eat and sleep here in this realm! The clients are generally not well-informed about all of that and particularly in Jyotish realm, many clients get confused because in the past the craft was practiced by priests who were supported entirely by the society and even earlier by rich donors and the king, etc. Heck, if some king is ready to provide for my needs completely, I can go on doing free service too during my waking hours! Some divinators are also under the mistaken belief that they are giving readings to reduce their own karmic burden! And of course there is a lot of drama and politics too that goes on and gets created in certain sectors!

The basic law of karma is that I cannot make one give me something for free, without becoming a debtor! If I am poor (and often the psychic/divinator would know or realize that) then it could be a service at the behest of the divinator (ancient practice!) or other energy exchange that the Law of Universe permits and has always permitted!

There are nations and even certain states within a conglomeration of STATES which prohibit psychic and spiritual or divinatory services. Unless they are priests! A few folks I know of from CompuServe days had to do a course in Religion and became ordained priests of certain churches and temples and then they could practice what they were good at, or perhaps better at than being priests!

Where there is a WILL, sometimes GOD provides a WAY that goes beyond fundamentalistic and narrow political thinking, as the above example demonstrates!

There are folks who are hopping from forum to forum and then another, just to get a free-ride! Well, I hope they know what they are doing and what they are getting themselves into...!

Enough said! ;-)

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Psychic”