Is is true that you have to ask a specific question for a reading?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Queenj1737

Is is true that you have to ask a specific question for a reading?

Post by Queenj1737 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:20 pm

I've heard that in order to receive a "true" psychic reading, you must ask a specific question. If you do not ask a specific question or if your question is broadly general, then the reading will more than likely be a false reading.
Is this true?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: Is is true that you have to ask a specific question for a reading?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:41 am

Queenj1737 wrote:I've heard that in order to receive a "true" psychic reading, you must ask a specific question. If you do not ask a specific question or if your question is broadly general, then the reading will more than likely be a false reading.
Is this true?
The answer to your question greatly depends upon exactly what you mean by the words "true" and "false" when describing a psychic reading, but at least on Mystic Board (as I cannot comment about readings given by other readers, outside of this website) the answer is an absolute, loudly resounding NO.

Basically we offer both general readings (where our inner source decides what it is felt that you most need to know at this specific moment in time for your optimum growth and development), as well as readings where you decide this for yourself.

Both types of readings are equally likely to be "true".

Neither of the two types of readings is more likely to be true when compared to the other (which would be"false"?).

I can confidently assure you that no false readings (readings which are full of lies) of either of these two types of readings are given on Mystic Board, by any of our readers.

I always prefer to give a general reading when you visit us for the first time, or when you have only recently returned to us after a period of at least six months absence.

A general reading often does not give as much detailed information as one where you asked the question, but it does frequently help you to order your questions in priority for future more specific readings, further down the track.

Even if I were to substitute the word true with accurate, reliable or useful, I still keep getting the same answer NO.

Neither of the two main types of readings is more likely to be be more accurate, reliable or useful than the other.

Putting aside the quality of the psychic connection, as well as the relative ability of the reader to effectively communicate the messages and insights coming through the reading to his or her client, the accuracy, reliability and usefulness of any reading is largely determined by the quality of the questions being asked (if this is not to be a general reading).

This fact is referred to by one of the forum guidelines, which is often overlooked or ignored by members as being too obvious to need to be written down.
5. When asking questions, please word your question carefully, think about the content and take responsibility for the question. Once a reading has been given it cannot then be reopened for answering new questions.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with and sometimes a lot to be gained from requesting a general reading, but if you are going to ask a specific question, please take some extra care and time to make the question work as well as it possibly can for you.

It is not always the question that often lets a person down, resulting in a vague, confusing and less than useless reading, but it is more likely to be the way in which that question is asked which will be the biggest deciding factor.

"Will I fall in love?" is one of those waste of our energy and time questions, while " What could I do to help myself over the next six months, to greatly increase my chances of finding someone to love?" is the type of question which readers dream about getting.

Question:

If you take extra care and time to make the question work the best that it possibly can for you, is the reading (if it is not a general one) more likely to be more accurate, reliable and useful to you in solving your problems?

Answer:

YES

Question:

If you take extra care and time to make the question work the best that it possibly can for you, is the reading more likely to be more accurate, reliable and useful to you in solving your problems WHEN COMPARED TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY AND USEFULNESS OF A GENERAL READING?

Answer:

NO!

EoT :smt101

Queenj1737

Post by Queenj1737 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:45 pm

Thanks for the answer EoT! You made much better sense than she did. She told me that not asking a specific question would result in a "cold" reading and to beware of people who give "cold" readings but my question to her was "What if someone just had a general question?" She wouldn't even answer questions that were general.

I've never had a reading done before & just wanted to see what other readers' opinions were on this.

Return to “Psychic”