Twin Flame in Spirit?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Miss. A

Twin Flame in Spirit?

Post by Miss. A » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi guys,

Well for a while now I've been trying to connect more with my spirit guide and have been practicing using meditation and my pendulum to do so. Using my pendulum I asked some basic questions first (like confirming today's date etc as you do), then I started asking more about who he was. I asked if spirit was intact my twin flame and I got a "yes" answer. I had heard that this is possible and perhaps even quite common, though I would like to hear others opinions or expertise on this. Thoughts anyone? Could my spirit guide really be my twin flame?

Abs.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Abbie,

Twin souls or twin flames are believed by many to exist, but they are anything but common.
Effectively they are supposed to be two opposite parts of the same soul.

Actually according to my admittedly limited understanding of this subject, twin flames meeting each other in any particular lifetime are regarded as extremely rare, whether or not one or both of them is presently using a physical vehicle (body).

So I suppose that my best answer to your question as to whether it is possible that your spirit guide is also your twin flame is a conditional YES, but I would need a lot more solid evidence of this special and rare relationship before putting its probability any higher than 50%.

If indeed I would rate the probability as high as 50%, which is debatable. There is often a huge difference between what is possible and what is probable.

EoT

Miss. A

Post by Miss. A » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:40 am

Hi EoT! :)

Thanks for answering! I should state that my source of information is part google and part chatting with people over a coffee! lol. I got a reading done once a long time ago and the lady stated that I had found my twin flame (to which I questioned immediately) it just didn't seem right! Although the man I had met I felt was a soul mate, I knew it couldn't be that he was my twin flame and I was soon after informed that the lady I had gotten a reading from has been known to tell almost everyone that they have found their twin flame! Hmmmm......anyway, back to my spirit guide.

Yes, perhaps you are right it was a coincidental yes and I must say I don't have full confidence yet that I am using my pendulum correctly and getting the truth. Sometimes I think it just mirrors the answers I'm hoping for so I know there's much more practice to be done on my part regarding this! lol.

I have been told several times by people contacting me that my spirit guide dies from a blood disease. I really don't know much else....I try meditating and connecting but I often get disrupted and again, my pendulum practice needs work. Every time I try to connect to spirit during meditation even if it doesn't seem that I succeeded, I do see a lot of white butterflies everywhere near me. If i'm inside I see them approach the window and if I am outside they flutter near near me and I never see them any other time! I am so new to all of this....:P

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts and insight EoT! :D

Hugz,

Abbey.
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken." - Oscar Wilde

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:30 am

Sometimes I think it just mirrors the answers I'm hoping for
That is exactly what I think happens in many pendulum dowsing experiments, but it does not completely rule out the possibility that it might be the true this time.

Please do not get me going about my strong beliefs that the concepts of soul mates and twin flames have been grossly misunderstood, distorted and even abused by many people interested in such matters over the centuries, frequently for hidden reasons.

Or you may regret doing that. :smt002

Especially since the coming of the internet and the cellular phone psychic love compatibility matching and dating services which often use these largely misunderstood ideas and many more with the intention to extract large amounts of money from their often lonely and therefore significantly more vulnerable as a result paying clients.

And in some but not all cases psychics who do not charge a  fee for telling you that this man is your soul mate or twin flame are only doing it  to make you feel happier, or to make themselves more popular or famous.

If what any reader including myself tells you does not feel right to you at the time, either take it with a grain of salt (it just might contain a grain or core of truth), put it temporarily on the shelf to be reexamined at a later date when it might feel more right to you, or permanently throw it away or reject it outright.

A coincidence has been defined by one person as God acting anonymously in our lives.

Salutations 2U from Adelaide,

EoT  :smt003

Miss. A

Post by Miss. A » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:51 am

Hahaha, okay EoT I won't get you started! ;) I do have to say that I too am not a fan of all those "love compatibility" apps and text thingy's and such. It is blowing everything out of proportion. I say soul mate because it's the only way to describe how our union felt to me but I know that there are many misunderstandings about twin flames and soul mates (which is why I'm interested in finding out more).

Perhaps you should not get me started on psychics that offer readings and supposed "insight" for the WRONG reasons? *giggles*

"A coincidence has been defined by one person as God acting anonymously in our lives." - I love this! Thanks for sharing it! :)

...and greetings to you my dear friend from Tassie!

Abbey. :D

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Your soul mate is not necessarily compatible with you????

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:08 am

Abbey,

All of this is well expressed by you, and you have my complete agreement about me equally not being a fan of "all those "love compatibility" apps and text thingy's and such".

Many people visiting and using sites such as those do not realize that a person who is one of your soul mates might be anything but compatible with you.

Soul mates often repeatedly meet each other in consecutive incarnations, precisely because they still have outstanding issues, conflicts and disagreements with each other, for which there are opportunities in their current lifetimes for them to finally resolve in each others company.

So meeting your soul mate in any specific lifetime could potentially mean that you will both live reasonably happily together most of the time, but it is much more likely to mean a series of conflicts, breakups, tearful reunions and disagreements about virtually any aspect of your relationship, at least until you begin really listening to each other and start working on your shared problems as a united couple, instead of as what usually happens two separate individuals who just happen to be living under the same roof and acting like spoiled children.

A soul mate could be defined by the more cynical amongst us as the person who is best in getting on your nerves or up your nose, or who is best at being able to push all your negative emotional buttons at the same time.

Would you then prefer to meet your soul mate, or meet someone with whom you are reasonably compatible? A couple's compatibility can never be predicted through any reading, as there are simply too many unknown factors which could potentially overturn any such prediction.

A compatibility score of over 80% is no guarantee of them living happily ever after, just as a low compatibility score on paper is no guarantee that they will not live happily together most of the time. In real life we often do not get to decide whether or not we would want to meet our soul mate.

Whom we fall in love with is usually outside of our control. What we consciously decide to do in the present moment in response to our feelings of love for that person. are to some varying degree under our conscious control to influence.

EoT  :smt024

Miss. A

Post by Miss. A » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:23 am

EoT,

I enjoyed reading your response and I agree. You have some very interesting and valid points there. Thanks for sharing! I think a lot of people actually miss great opportunities in love because they are looking specifically for what they understand to be a "soul mate" union.

:)

Abbey.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:06 pm

Miss. A wrote:EoT,

I enjoyed reading your response and I agree. You have some very interesting and valid points there. Thanks for sharing! I think a lot of people actually miss great opportunities in love because they are looking specifically for what they understand to be a "soul mate" union.

Abbey.
Abbey,

I am in no doubt that you are absolutely correct with your above theory.

As with many other aspects of our lives, holding back on your love until you find  your fantasized soulmate could  be another example of us needing to be very careful as to what we are wishing for, as sometimes getting what we had thought that we had wanted can turn out to be  be the worst possible thing that could have ever happened to us.

Finding your soulmate may not always or often with the luxury of hindsight bring you the lived happily ever after which you expected it to, based upon your misunderstanding about exactly what a soulmate represents.

Hugs in buckets,

EoT  :smt020

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Miss. A wrote:EoT,

Abbey.
Abbey,

I am in no doubt that you are absolutely correct with your above theory.

As with many other aspects of our lives, holding back on your love until you find  your fantasized soulmate could  be another example of us needing to be very careful as to what we are wishing for, as sometimes getting what we had thought that we had wanted can turn out to be  be the worst possible thing that could have ever happened to us.

Finding your soulmate may not always or often with the luxury of hindsight bring you the lived happily ever after which you expected it to, based upon your misunderstanding about exactly what a soulmate represents.

Hugs in buckets,

EoT  :smt020

Miss. A

Post by Miss. A » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:32 am

Again EoT, I agree.

Have you ever seen the movie Serendipity? It's one of my favourite romantic movies and as the title suggests, is all about "happy accidents" in love. About fate, destiny and.. soul mates.

If you haven't seen it, I won't go into the plot because it would ruin what I believe to be a really sweet movie, but the over all theme that comes through in the film is that everyone has a soul mate and that everyone's "soul mate" is a princess or knight in shinning armour and finding them is this enchanting, extremely emotional and magical experience that you hear about in fairytales growing up.

Fairytales...
She kisses a frog, he turns into a prince.
The beast falls in love with Belle, she falls for him and he turns into a prince.
Cinderella goes to the ball and has a magical encounter with a prince. She loses her shoe at the ball, the prince insists on finding the lady owning the shoe, he finds Cinderella, the shoe fits and they live happily ever after.

With all this imprinted in our memory, of course people are going to be looking for that "ideal" soul mate creating several misconceptions and fantasies on how a soul mate should be compared to what it may be for the individual in reality. Would we all stop in our searches for the perfect love if we knew that we could be just as happy with the guy/girl next door? What if the guy/girl next door could in fact could be our soul mates but in different form to what we perceive our soul mate to be? An opportunity missed? The chance at a whole and very loving union missed?

Abbey. :)

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Oh dear! Now I am in trouble

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:10 pm

Abbey,  :smt053

Oh dear! Now I AM going to be in trouble with my very new friend,  as well as possibly with a large proportion of our female members who would agree with your glowing assessment of this movie.

Yes, I began to watch "Serendipity" on the Foxtel movie channels one night, but after a few minutes of discovering that the message behind it had unfortunately been buried under several layers of in my opinion an over romanticized and highly implausible artificial and superficial story line, I must confess that my patience quickly ran out for watching the rest of it, and I moved onto something more to my own preference.

However this does not mean that I do not respect your right to your own positive opinion about it. If everyone in the world liked the same movies it would a boring world indeed, and well over 90% of the Hollywood producers and directors and screen writers would be out of a job effectively overnight, as a result of our mass conformity.

It is come to think of it rather ironic that my poor opinion of the limited success of this particular movie in getting the true message across to its audience closely resembles my similar attitudes towards the overlaying of serious spiritual themes such as soul mates in the spiritual literature with multiple layers of highly idealized fantasy in a thinly veiled attempt to attract more young people (presumably because forming new relationships is often higher on the list of a young person's priorities, than it is with an older individual) into accepting everything being presented to them as the gospel truth.
Serendipity means a "fortunate happenstance" or "pleasant surprise". It was coined by Horace Walpole in 1754. In a letter he wrote to a friend Walpole explained an unexpected discovery he had made by reference to a Persian fairy tale, The Three Princes of Serendip. The princes, he told his correspondent, were “always making discoveries, by accidents and sagacity, of things which they were not in quest of”. The notion of serendipity is a common occurrence throughout the history of scientific innovation such as Alexander Fleming's accidental discovery of penicillin in 1928 and the invention of the microwave oven by Percy Spencer in 1945. The word has been voted one of the ten English words hardest to translate in June 2004 by a British translation company. However, due to its sociological use, the word has been exported into many other languages.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serendipity

Are we still friends, in spite of our different preferences for movies treating spiritual subjects (of which I have a growing number in my private collection of DVDs and Blu-Ray discs)? :smt100

EoT :smt087  :smt088  :smt002  :smt002  :smt005

Miss. A

Post by Miss. A » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:04 am

Tsk, tsk tsk EoT -shakes head-........
........of course we are still friends!! :smt003

You have your opinion and I have mine! :) I do know that part of my love for the film is because I'm a hopeless romantic so I tend to fall in love with all those type of romance films! lol. I do agree that the film has been thrown out of proportion a bit and as with most hollywood movies, is a little over the top with the theme and plot. Even so, I still cry at the end when the couple FINALLY (lol) get together. :smt003

I have a lot of movies I love from all kinds of genres so perhaps we have some of those in common if we were to find out! However like I said, haha I am perfectly fine with your opinions on Serendipity and I do get where you're coming from. =P oh and my favourite movie of all time is...hmmm well, *ahem* maybe I'll keep that one a secret! :smt002

Indeed, literature too can be held accountable.

Thanks for the quote there I find it interesting that it was voted hardest word to translate! But I can understand why, too. I'm going to be tempted to look up that "The Three Princes of Serendip" now. -goes to google-

Many, many hugs to you my friend! I welcome all the thoughts and opinions you have.. bring it on! :smt003  hahaha.

Abbey.  :smt050

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:34 am

Abbey,  :)

I am greatly relieved to hear this, and can now more fully enjoy my regular weekly day off on Thursday, knowing that our friendship will still be strong upon my return.

Over the top is exactly the point which I was trying to make.

But that does not mean that I lack any sense of romance.

One of my favourites is a real tear jerker called "Somewhere In Time" (1980), starring Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour.

I went through so many soggy tissues watching that.

EoT  :smt010

Miss. A

Post by Miss. A » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:41 am

EoT,

Awww! Nothing you could say here would ruin our friendship and I certainly hope you enjoy your day off! :)

Haha, quite the romantic at heart aye EoT?

Well, I can tell you that I am familiar with the name of the movie "Somewhere In Time" but believe it or not, I haven't seen it. Maybe I should and it sounds like I'll have to have the tissues close by! :P

Abbey.

Return to “Psychic”