Develop Psychic Abilities

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

methomas

Develop Psychic Abilities

Post by methomas » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:17 am

Developing psychic abilities can be overwhelming.  Reaching your full potential as an intuitive or medium becomes much less confusing when you are working with a mentor you can trust - one that can guide you in an encouraging manner, but give you some gentle "butt" kicking when you need it!

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: Develop Psychic Abilities

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:10 am

methomas wrote:Developing psychic abilities can be overwhelming.  Reaching your full potential as an intuitive or medium becomes much less confusing when you are working with a mentor you can trust - one that can guide you in an encouraging manner, but give you some gentle "butt" kicking when you need it!
I could not agree more with most things that you have said above, although I feel that we often make psychic development more overwhelming and confusing than it really needs to be.

Why do we have this shared human tendency to believe that unless something is complicated, overwhelming and confusing that there is resally nothing of value to be found in it and it is therefore unworthy of our further consideration?

The two most common reasons for wanting someone to find developing their psychic abilities unnecessarily overwhelming and confusing are:

1. To massage your own ego. To preserve the myth that the teacher knows everything and that the student knows nothing about what is good for him or her. This gives the "teacher" a feeling of false superiority over that person, which can only end in a bad outcome for both parties.

2. Commercial profit. The psychic is making themselves feel needed, smart or intuitive enough for the person to want to seek their professional services somewhere else, for which a fee is to be extracted.

Note that I am not accusing you or any other member of doing either of these, but rather I am trying to make a relevant point here about human behaviour, and the many potential reasons why we behave like we do.

This is an excellent subject for discussion on this forum. Thank you so much for beginning it.

Yours sincerely,

EoT

methomas

essence of psychic development

Post by methomas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:56 am

Psychic development is a gradual process that helps human mind receive feeble signals and respond to extremely subtle occurrences. Such phenomenon is associated mostly with metaphysical and supernatural abilities. However, flagging them as supernatural is not the correct way to interpret, simply because most people cannot perceive them.

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:11 pm

I often wonder at psychic development and what each person wants to achieve and why they even want to develop. I think there is a point where improvement stops and starts to go the other way, then it is time to retire and relax.

Most psychics I know have been so from birth, a part of their life, but most also kept it secret for a long time because they knew they were different and that is when a mentor might have been helpful.  They seem to run in families, the nurturing atmosphere may make it easier?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:19 pm

Talia wrote:I often wonder at psychic development and what each person wants to achieve and why they even want to develop. I think there is a point where improvement stops and starts to go the other way, then it is time to retire and relax.

Most psychics I know have been so from birth, a part of their life, but most also kept it secret for a long time because they knew they were different and that is when a mentor might have been helpful.  They seem to run in families, the nurturing atmosphere may make it easier?
Corrections made and details added

That may or may not be the case!

Peter Hurkos was a regular person but following an accident (head injury) became psychic and a famous one at that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Hurkos

Edgar Cayce too came in full touch with his psychic abilities later in life following hypnosis for his laryngeal condition. He was very religious and did claim earlier ability of psychic perceptions but rather feeble subjective ones until he got 'unblocked' through hypnotism.

There are many other instances like those...!

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:18 pm

Yes you are so absolutely right, many times people suddenly see the light after a traumatic accident or near death. Not familiar with the first so I googled him, of course Cayce is well known but again I am not sure that these two are particularly good examples as so many don't believe in them.
My point was simply in response to the first post saying about mentors sorry if I upset.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:31 pm

Talia wrote:Yes you are so absolutely right, many times people suddenly see the light after a traumatic accident or near death. Not familiar with the first so I googled him, of course Cayce is well known but again I am not sure that these two are particularly good examples as so many don't believe in them.
My point was simply in response to the first post saying about mentors sorry if I upset.
Nothing there to be upset about, Talia! :-)
Yes, mentors-teachers do help one if they can get a good one. That said, I do believe in the adage, "When the disciple is ready, the teacher shows up!". Some kind of Redfieldian synchronicity at work perhaps.

As to psychics, sceptics and rationalists will only believe in psychic phenomenon if it can be prove in their laboratory settings. They pooh-poohed quantum physics for long and as armchair science, but now nano-materials have taken over in many sectors: medicine, material science. Heck even cosmetics and fabrics and camera lenses are showing up with nano this or nano that! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:25 pm

Rohiniranjan may I please ask what is your thoughts on meditation? Do you meditate?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:24 pm

Talia wrote:Rohiniranjan may I please ask what is your thoughts on meditation? Do you meditate?
Yes I do!
I become thoughtless when I meditate! I do all my 'thinking' when not meditating!

I am not being flippant! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:32 pm

What an unusual but brilliant way to explain, I had to read it twice , no three times I just read it again lol.

I think when I sleep I go to sleep thinking and wake thinking, but I am trying to calm it down and my meditations do work well at that.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Talia wrote:What an unusual but brilliant way to explain, I had to read it twice , no three times I just read it again lol.

I think when I sleep I go to sleep thinking and wake thinking, but I am trying to calm it down and my meditations do work well at that.
... gets easier as years pass, and with many hats to wear without losing ones head (or mind) while wearing those help as well :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Psychic”