Psychic reading online

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

jenny12

Psychic reading online

Post by jenny12 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:53 am

We all have psychic abilities. Before the linguistic skills developed, our ancestors communicated using their psychic abilities. As we started using languages, these abilities lost their significance. Research has proven that children still have primitive psychic abilities and start recognizing their parents before other sensations develop. As some people have exceptional artistic abilities and can draw a portrait just by listening to the description, the psychic readers have this ability to tell about others without knowing any background.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Psychic reading online

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:45 pm

jenny12 wrote:We all have psychic abilities. Before the linguistic skills developed, our ancestors communicated using their psychic abilities. As we started using languages, these abilities lost their significance. Research has proven that children still have primitive psychic abilities and start recognizing their parents before other sensations develop. As some people have exceptional artistic abilities and can draw a portrait just by listening to the description, the psychic readers have this ability to tell about others without knowing any background.
While anecdotes exist, as do strong beliefs-assumptions that (all/most) children are psychic but lose their abilities due to deconditioning by parents and other elders, it is good to know that there have been some data-based research conducted to provide a more systematic evidence than sporadic anecdotal evidence etc.

Please do share what you have come across in your studies etc. Since the forum has stringent rules about posting external URL links and particularly those leading to commercial ones, you may wish to send any such by P.M. to me.

Thanks.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

The scientific method has its limits

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:11 am

Hi Jenny,

What a brilliant discussion topic you have begun.

Thank you so much. :smt004

I feel that if we continue in this direction of automatically discarding anecdotal evidence as not worth listening to, that we could be unknowingly throwing out the baby with the bathwater or wasting a valuable opportunity to learn much of lasting value concerning the human spirit.

As with many others including our friend Rohiniranjan I was bought up to believe or indoctrinated in the absolute power of the scientific method, and that if a phenomenon cannot be duplicated in carefully controlled and designed experiments by scientists in other parts of the world, then it simply cannot exist.

However when it comes to studying psychic abilities and dealing with living, breathing human beings I feel that anecdotal evidence may be in many cases just as valuable and convincing as pages of numbers and statistics are, with regards to phenomena which are more open to being tested under laboratory conditions.

I am not saying that we should only use anecdotal evidence and not attempt to test these abilities scientifically, but there are definite limits to what is possible and practical in a laboratory environment, and you are dealing here with something infinitely more complex and difficult to control and replicate than simply observing a chemical reaction happening in a test tube.

I am saying that just as only using anecdotal evidence in order to test the hypothesis that these abilities are seen in children in primitive form but are later lost presumably due to deconditioning by their parents and other elders can be misleading and harmful pinning everything exclusively on scientific experiments could be equally wasteful and make us close our minds to the real possibility that no method by itself is 100% efficient in sorting out what is real from what is not.

We need to use both methods, but not necessarily at the same time. There is still plenty of time left later for the scientific purists to have their day in the sun.

Therefore please do not feel under any pressure at present to back up your claims at the moment with scientific research data.

Leave it for another discussion, on this or another website.

These so called psychic abilities are actually the senses of our spiritual bodies, and are consequently not easily tested by any physical measuring methods known at present.

I thank you for posting this, and I believe that this could lead to an interesting discussion, and give some of our members the opportunity to examine their own childhoods or those of their children in a very different light.

For example what is it about our society which could cause children to lose their psychic abilities? Maybe our insistence on everything having to be subjected to rigid scientific testing if it is to be seen as real and worth further testing is a symptom of our spiritual poverty and cynicism towards anything which we cannot understand or control.

Has anyone got any more anecdotal evidence or observations for us from their own childhoods or from those of their siblings or children, which is either consistent or disagrees with the ideas which Jenny has so kindly brought to our notice above?

L&L,

EoT  Image

Rohiniranjan

Re: The scientific method has its limits

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:27 am

Haha! No I do not believe that science or scientific method has absolute power. Definitely not where non-physical matters are concerned. Certainly not a ?quantum realm which possibly represents the psychic and mystical matters! Also, there was absolutely no pressure etc involved in my requesting some educative links that seemingly exist highlighting the general belief that children are necessarily more psychic before parenting and schooling etc masks their such innate abilities. I am curious about that myself!

Anecdotes are not at all unwelcome. In fact without those much of the exploration might come to a standstill or simply remain silent 'subjective' explorations, opinions etc.

eye_of_tiger wrote:Hi Jenny,

What a brilliant discussion topic you have begun.

Thank you so much. :smt004

I feel that if we continue in this direction of automatically discarding anecdotal evidence as not worth listening to, that we could be unknowingly throwing out the baby with the bathwater or wasting a valuable opportunity to learn much of lasting value concerning the human spirit.

As with many others including our friend Rohiniranjan I was bought up to believe or indoctrinated in the absolute power of the scientific method, and that if a phenomenon cannot be duplicated in carefully controlled and designed experiments by scientists in other parts of the world, then it simply cannot exist.

However when it comes to studying psychic abilities and dealing with living, breathing human beings I feel that anecdotal evidence may be in many cases just as valuable and convincing as pages of numbers and statistics are, with regards to phenomena which are more open to being tested under laboratory conditions.

I am not saying that we should only use anecdotal evidence and not attempt to test these abilities scientifically, but there are definite limits to what is possible and practical in a laboratory environment, and you are dealing here with something infinitely more complex and difficult to control and replicate than simply observing a chemical reaction happening in a test tube.

I am saying that just as only using anecdotal evidence in order to test the hypothesis that these abilities are seen in children in primitive form but are later lost presumably due to deconditioning by their parents and other elders can be misleading and harmful pinning everything exclusively on scientific experiments could be equally wasteful and make us close our minds to the real possibility that no method by itself is 100% efficient in sorting out what is real from what is not.

We need to use both methods, but not necessarily at the same time. There is still plenty of time left later for the scientific purists to have their day in the sun.

Therefore please do not feel under any pressure at present to back up your claims at the moment with scientific research data.

Leave it for another discussion, on this or another website.

These so called psychic abilities are actually the senses of our spiritual bodies, and are consequently not easily tested by any physical measuring methods known at present.

I thank you for posting this, and I believe that this could lead to an interesting discussion, and give some of our members the opportunity to examine their own childhoods or those of their children in a very different light.

For example what is it about our society which could cause children to lose their psychic abilities? Maybe our insistence on everything having to be subjected to rigid scientific testing if it is to be seen as real and worth further testing is a symptom of our spiritual poverty and cynicism towards anything which we cannot understand or control.

Has anyone got any more anecdotal evidence or observations for us from their own childhoods or from those of their siblings or children, which is either consistent or disagrees with the ideas which Jenny has so kindly brought to our notice above?

L&L,

EoT  Image
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:44 am

Rohiniranjan,

I do not think that we have the luxury of always waiting to have the corresponding scientific evidence, before accepting a topic for discussion on our forums.
In fact without those much of the exploration might come to a standstill or simply remain silent 'subjective' explorations, opinions etc.
Your statement as quoted immediately above this exactly echoes my own thoughts and sentiments on the subject.

Anecdotal evidence can also often indicate whether there is a valid reason for further scientific investigation, although the waters can sometimes get badly clouded by fundamentalism, superstition and our innate fear and avoidance of things which we do not understand.

I say please bring on more anecdotal evidence.

EoT  :smt038

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:12 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:Rohiniranjan,

I do not think that we have the luxury of always waiting to have the corresponding scientific evidence, before accepting a topic for discussion on our forums.
In fact without those much of the exploration might come to a standstill or simply remain silent 'subjective' explorations, opinions etc.
Your statement as quoted immediately above this exactly echoes my own thoughts and sentiments on the subject.

Anecdotal evidence can also often indicate whether there is a valid reason for further scientific investigation, although the waters can sometimes get badly clouded by fundamentalism, superstition and our innate fear and avoidance of things which we do not understand.

I say please bring on more anecdotal evidence.

EoT  :smt038
Dear EoT,

'Research has proven...' was mentioned in the OP and that phrase had raised my hopes about this very interesting matter. It was a simple request on my part and nothing more! :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:03 am

Great topic I agree, but the original person was just advertising their new website I fear?

It is a common assumption that children before they are schooled to think that invisible friends or ghosts or mindtalking is impossible, they actually can appear telepathic and reports of recollections of past lives or knowledge of things beyond their experience all come out.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Talia wrote:Great topic I agree, but the original person was just advertising their new website I fear?

It is a common assumption that children before they are schooled to think that invisible friends or ghosts or mindtalking is impossible, they actually can appear telepathic and reports of recollections of past lives or knowledge of things beyond their experience all come out.
The advertising part aside (I missed that; I was taking the 'proven by research' a sincere statement) -- the way you worded it is very different and clearly implies that it is anecdotal, or observed by some. Much softer and easier to accept.

Back to the 'discussion' or thought/idea exchange aspect of the matter, this term 'psychic' in most minds remains vague and often includes 'instinct' which is seen in many (all?) species and seems to be an extension of physical-chemical sensations. Even unicellular organisms seem to move towards or away from light, heat, chemical environments. Cats seem to be often portrayed as having heightened awareness, as too is true for perhaps all animals (and humans?) living in the wilderness. The humans too have often hunches, forebodings etc which are this instinct-sixth sense as some call these.

At another level are this faculty many call psychic (prowess). In many cases trainable through focus, practice etc, while in others episodic, sporadic and more innate. A general belief is that those who demonstrate high degree of psychic ability it sometimes appears as a breakthrough phenomenon or even present since childhood.

It is all definitely not a simple monotonous phenomenon, other than when highly evolved. And that I believe is rare, all sorts of claims notwithstanding?

Perhaps the case with 'children being somehow more psychic than adults' which seems to exist as a popular belief. Sadly, when probed it gets people upset, defensive and hence I was heartened to read that "research has proven" - but I am hopeful that with changes in people's minds and mental sensitivities (?) more matter-of-fact research findings in these areas would ensue and emerge in the light of the day?.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:07 pm

I suppose, speaking as a mother, that investigations on children are restricted. It woud probably have needed a psychic or very aware mother to recognise any of the childhood traits or abilities and to nurture them rather than an overbearing teacher scold for them? Now with the internet this of course means that every wannabe mother psychic is on the band waggon, every wannabe psychic reader makes a website and posts information as if it is real.

Have you ever tried googling psychic children lol!

But as we are getting older I also think that there is a re-emergence as age grows!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:24 pm

You mean Athena drewes, Rhine Research Centre etc?

Yes we have come a long way over the past four decades or so. The closets have become more transparent...? ;-)

Internet per se is neither a boon nor hinderance, although can be what I call Rahu-blessings! <LOL>

For me, personally, science, mysticism are all pure and beautiful and contrary to prevailing dogmas of those that are dogmatique -- are simply paths for exploration of the "human experiential reality" that is perhaps the reason for our being...?

And synchronicities do help ...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:45 am

synchronisity, serendipty?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:59 am

Yes...! I believe dat (that) depicts da divine in divination...?
Data and details belong to da devil...? <LOL>
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:22 pm

ha you are right,

What do you do offline are you a professor?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:18 pm

Talia wrote:ha you are right,

What do you do offline are you a professor?
Thank God. NOOOOOOOOO...!

:smt018
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:31 pm

My husband is a professor, they are not all bad lol.

The divine in divination?

Divine from Latin divinare "to foresee, to be inspired by a god", related to divinus, to divine.

What are your opinions on mediums then and spirit affecting divination or readings?

Do you consider astrology to be a reading?

I had a thought there, with tarot we use cardboard cards,] - facts, solid things, with astrology there is the fact of planetary positions, drawings and so on, with palmistry we use the fact of the positioning of the lines and mounts etc.

What if nothing is used?

Return to “Psychic”