Having some trouble...

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Lindan85

Having some trouble...

Post by Lindan85 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Lately I've had some things making me question whether the universe is revealing something to me, or if I'm just imagining things.
  • I've had repetitive dreams lately that all take place in Portland.
    A trip to Portland has easily come together for me this Summer.
    There's one person in particular that keeps appearing in my dreams that I've never met but know of.
    Over the past few months the number of mutual friends has increased as well.
These are just a few things that I've been experiencing.  How do I know if there's a larger significance to all of this?  Am I just reading too much into it?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Question: Universe or Imagination? Answer: Both!

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:58 am

Lately I've had some things making me question whether the universe is revealing something to me, or if I'm just imagining things.
The universe is often revealing something important to you, but at the same time you are imagining or wishing for things. And to make things even more difficult to sort out from each other, the universe uses our imagination as a way of sending us its messages. But the universe's signal strength is frequently very weak, when it is compared to the loud, seemingly never ending noise/static produced by this physical world, and our own body's physical senses.

It is consequently often very difficult to decide what is the universe speaking to us, and what is merely want we want to hear. Dreams have been called the royal road to our unconscious minds, so studying and analyzing and interpreting dreams is a good place to begin to get a better understanding of the difference between the two. Not the only method, but a good place to start.
I've had repetitive dreams lately that all take place in Portland. A trip to Portland has easily come together for me this Summer.
You could have been psychically predicting that the trip to Portland was going to happen in the future, probably needed a holiday and you may have always liked Portland as a holiday destination.

Also these repetitive dreams would create a self fulfilling prophecy.

The dreams would encourage you to expect that you will be staying in Portland over the summer holiday, and you will therefore be more motivated to make whatever practical preparations are necessary so that the holiday is more likely to happen when the summer arrives.
There's one person in particular that keeps appearing in my dreams that I've never met but know of.  
Once again, either you are predicting meeting him in the future (not necessarily in Portland) using your psychic gift of prophecy, or this is wishful thinking and a positive use of your imagination.

OR IT IS SIMULTANEOUSLY YOU PREDICTING THE FUTURE USING YOUR PSYCHIC ABILITY AS A DREAM PROPHET, AS WELL AS YOU WISHING MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE FOR HIM TO FINALLY NOTICE YOU ROMANTICALLY.
Over the past few months the number of mutual friends has increased as well.
It is always good to have more friends. And having mutual friends to share with him could make your relationship with him easier to begin, and make your relationship stronger than if you had no mutual friends, and therefore the partnership much more likely to last the distance.
How do I know if there's a larger significance to all of this?
This should become clearer over time. Just keep asking us questions, submit your dreams for interpretation and remember that the significance or meaning of any event may not become apparent until much later. Sometimes the significance or meaning of a particular event may not become clear until after we die, but thankfully this is relatively rare.

It has been taught by spiritual teachers through the ages that when God sent us into this world he placed the road map or guide book for our lives in a place where very few people would ever think of looking for it.

IN THE HUMAN HEART!

So maybe it is not so much the different events which happen to us during our lifetimes which are of the greatest significance, but instead it is the fact that these events will make us more likely to want to look for our personal road map or guidebook. And by so doing, find God within ourselves! Try beating that for significance.
Am I just reading too much into it?
NO! Like most human beings you are doing what you are reasonably able to be able to better understand yourself and the mysteries of life as time goes on.

Most people become so distracted with what is unimportant and insignificant in life, that they do not believe that their life has any greater significance or meaning outside of them being born, living, then dying (only our body dies). Why look for something, if you do not believe that it exists?

So most people do not read enough meaning or significance into their dreams or lives. In contrast, people who become members of Mystic Board tend to be no longer satisfied with living a life which is apparently empty of any meaning or significance bigger than their own ego.

Which can often make us feel isolated and alienated by other people who do not understand why this world and what it has to ofter us, will never fully satisfy our spiritual hunger. Which in turn is why websites such as this one were created as a safe and friendly place for spiritually hungry and world weary people like us.

Love, Light and Peace,

EoT (male) :smt060

Lindan85

Post by Lindan85 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:04 pm

Thank you for that insight.  

I'm worried a lot of it is wishful thinking, but after some events that have taken place I have a couple friends that feel it's more.  They've even joked about how my life events have become something out of fiction, as if these things don't normally happen to people.  

I will definitely do some meditating on things and continue to work on having dreams interpretted.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:15 pm

Discretion is the better part of valour, as some insist...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Psychic”