How do you 'feel' Reiki?

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

refresh

How do you 'feel' Reiki?

Post by refresh » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:24 pm

Hi,

I had my Reiki one attunement back in January, and at the time felt a real 'buzzing' in my hands. I practised Reiki, not necessarily the whole recommended sequence (I fell asleep before I got to my feet most nights!) for several weeks after, and have since done little bits of Reiki relatively frequently.

I don't now seem to feel anything when I'm doing Reiki - no change of sensation, no colours etc...but expect that I should.

Is this normal or should I be feeling some difference?

Thanks,
Emma
x

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:01 pm

Hi Emma,

Welcome to Mystic Board :)

Many people don't feel anything, others get lots of sensations. Just because you do not feel anything does not mean that the reiki is not flowing, it might be because the area you are working on is already balanced and so isn't changing much, it might be because you the changes are so subtle that you are not yet sensitive to them. The more you work with reiki and channel it the more you will know it is working.
Did you take you reiki 1 in person or via distance? Have you spoken to your teacher about this?

refresh

Post by refresh » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:07 pm

Hi Gem,

Thanks for your reply.

I did my attunement in person, but my teacher lives about 4000 miles away now and isn't really that easy to get hold of. I didn't realise at the time that having someone for support after the attunement would be so useful, just to ask questions of.

I'd really like to think that the areas I'm working on are already balanced, but unfortunately I know this to not be true!!!

I guess part of me is now skeptical about the Reiki working which in turn is blocking it...Perhaps I should just try to let it flow rather than place my own perceptions on it.

Thanks,
Emma
x

Crone2004

Post by Crone2004 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:17 pm

You can try to find a Reiki Master or other Reiki practitioner in your area and see if anyone is offering Reiki Shares/Clinics.  This would give you more of an opportunity to use Reiki and thus enhance your ability to 'feel' Reiki.  Some hospitals will let you volunteer in the Reiki programs.  I know that the hospital near me requires that their volunteers be Reiki II Practitioners or higher.  Offer Reiki to your friends, co-workers, family, pets, plants, your room/house and even your food.  Just keep doing it!  :-)

Layla Wolf

Post by Layla Wolf » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:06 pm

Hi.

Whenever I do reiki, it feels like a buzzing or tingleing, or sometimes like small raindrops falling onto and from my hands.
My mum almost never feels reiki, unless she needs it (she did the course with me).
One of the things I find intrsting when you do it to animals is that if they don't need it, they'll get up and move away, while if they want it (and if their a dog or cat), they may come and lick your hands.
I have never really had much of a problem with not feeling the energy, but I guss maybe listening to a relaxing cd, while meditating a bit might help. posibley if you were to dream and ask to feel the energy, that may help.

Reikiwitch929

Post by Reikiwitch929 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:05 am

I had my level one done in person by a fellow covener a few years back.  He did the attunement outside.  I really didn't feel much that I can remember.  He did comment that my crown chakra seemed wider (more wide?) open than any others he had done.  Not sure what that meant.  Anyway, I didn't do much else with it and didn't practice like I was supposed to.  

I am wondering if I should start over and get level 1 again (this time sticking with the discipline of practice).  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Blessings and Peace,

Reikiwitch929

Crone2004

Post by Crone2004 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:25 am

There is no need for a new attunement.  Just start with self-Reiki.  The more you do it the more you will notice the little things.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:33 am

I share your thoughts about Reiki 'feeling' Layla. Whenever we do group practice with my fellow Reiki students, sometimes I feel heat on my specific part of my body and sometimes I feel nothing.
When I Reiki myself it feels the same; However, I invariably feel tingling feeling right through my legs and sometimes that feeling leads into involuntary twitches. My interpretation of this is that Reiki is being directed where it is most needed, through my root chakra to my lower body??  Not sure. Like you, I feel very little physically while being Reikied. So far, apart from group practices, I have not given Reiki for the full hour to someone. I will have that experience next week giving it to a friend and am really looking forward to it. Watch this space.......
But I do Reiki myself at least 3 - 4 times a week.

cedars

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:22 pm

How did you get on cedars?

By the way, not many reiki-ites give reiki for an hour, it really isn't necessary unless of course you are a practitioner and charging for a full hour. It is far better to feel and see how long is needed, likewise the full set of hand positions does not really have to be used every time, or spending the same length of time in each one, some will need more some less, some none at all. The longer you work with reiki and see from experiences the effects the more you will feel and sense and then be able to know what is really needed. :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:30 pm

I got on well, thanks for asking Gem.
I had really preapred the scene with candles, therapy music, except I found it a bit uncomfortable doing it on the floor.  In fact, I ended up doing just 30 minutes or so and did not do all the hand positions. She was really getting into it when her mobile phone rang (which we both ignored) but that in a way distrubed the mood. Anyhow, she was pleased and wants to come again...... and this time she said she would pay me..... Ho , ho ho.....

It was reassuring for me to hear that wherever I felt heat through my hands on her body, she did feel the same. So, did that mean the flow of energy that was felt by both of us? I think so.

So far I am my most practised guinea pig. I would still like to do it on people and go through the healing journey together.

I am also looking or considering to get a massage bed/couch.

good of you to ask Gem.
cedars

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:38 pm

Brilliant! :)  See you reiki is evolving naturally :)

Next time get a kneeling cushion, lol I find it too hard now kneeling on the floor lol I have to sit or get the person to lay on my settee whilst I use a small stool, I have gotten quite used to distance healing over the years so giving a session from one side doesn't creat a problem for me, and many people feel happier lying on a sofa or settee rather than a bed or the floor lol.

The heat is good :) It is always nice to feel something. Next time look with your eyes closed too, and I bet even when you don't  feel anything you will 'see' the changes :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:45 pm

Oh yes, I did it with my eyes closed, the way we were taught. She asked me why did I have my eyes closed and I said I preferred to be 'on my own' so to speak in order to feel the energy more.. I prefer with my eyes closed anyhow.

One good example: the sole of her feet were cold. If my position was comfortable,  I would have 'made' her feet feel warmer by the sheet energy flow... and I did try, but the position was awkward and I was ALSO suffering from a bad back. Therefore, I skipped that.

I had come across the cold feet situation with my reiki master and with my eyes closed I imagined warmth coming through to her feet and saw some beautiful colours materialise in my mind.....

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:48 pm

When you close your eyes though do you still 'look'?  Look into the person through your shut eyelids.  Have you tried scanning?  Cold soles hmm I would add a clear quartz single point terminator at her soles pointing towards her head for that lol, akk knew I couldn't keep crystals out of this for long lol

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:57 pm

This is some good topic Gem,

We were taught with the eyes closed we would go on our own journey for or on behalf of the patient and this, invariably, for me has meant some psychic connection with the patient. We then had to give feedback about our journey. I think our master tries to make Reiki healing something of a spiritual journey too and she always gives or asks for feedback afterwards. With the eyes closed, the 'seeing' sensation I have had during our practice sessions on one particular part of the body has been more often emphasised on that part and, in my case, some kind of clairvoyant experience about the person being treated. I did not want to put myself under that pressure the first time I did this session with my friend recently. But, am sure, as I go on giving treatment I will 'see' with my eyes shut as I used to during our practice sessions.

At the end of the session, I gave her a brief  tarot reading - all for fun and practice for myself. LOL

Thank you for your interest, Gem!

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:18 pm

Heehee hee that is fantastic, tarot reading too!  In fact you can (saying in whispers here so no-one thinks I'm mad lol) do a tarot layout round the person, a chakra balancing spread too and also use the cards to show which areas need work etc. Now take a moment to think about the possibilities....  one way is to choose the card, usually majors only, and put the cards around the person in a circle or lay on the area or chakra that needs that energy given or taken away, another is to deal the cards and see which turns up....  bet you are full of ideas now? lol?

Return to “Reiki”