CAN REIKI BAD TO PEOPLE?

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

tiger_tiger

CAN REIKI BAD TO PEOPLE?

Post by tiger_tiger » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:18 pm

Folks,

I am new to Reiki and all I read was nice and positive, and then decided to attune myself. Now I have Reiki III attunement and experiencing it.
To be honest sometimes I feel like a bird feather, other time don't feel anything. I love the idea that Reiki cannot damage, no side effects, great healing properties, readily available to anyone who wants it of course.

However, I came across with a web site "lipstickmystic.com" and it was talking about how Reiki damaged his and her health, etc. Actual link
http://www.lipstickmystic.com/articles/ ... s_bad.html

And this article is really really bad, kind of cursing and discouraging Reiki all the way.

HAS ANYONE ON THE BOARD EXPERIENCED SUCH THING ABOUT REIKI?

CAN YOU SHARE YOUR OPINIONS?

Blessings & Hugs    
T_T :smt013

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:56 pm

Interesting website but personally I have only experience the positive effects of reiki (both giving and receiving) so cannot comment on it.

MuchachaMagica

Post by MuchachaMagica » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:48 am

What I've heard is that with any system that works with energies, there could be some "side effects" at first. But that is only part of the clearing process.
When an energy works at so many levels, physically, mentally and emotionally, many issues are brought to the surface. But then they are ready to be released... I suppose that can be frightening for some.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:24 am

When I had my reiki induction (to level one) I was very sick the next 2 days, kept vomiting, shivering, headache, felt dreadful. But it was a side effect. My body was reattuning itself to the vibrations required to give reiki. It's like when you detox your body - the bad stuff has to come out and this makes you feel ill, even though the detox isn't harming you, quite the opposite in fact. We are able to block reiki if we don't want it but I don't think you can call it a "bad" energy. If a reiki practitioner had bad intentions, I really don't think the reiki would flow out of them, since it is about love, light and healing.

Brenda Russell

Post by Brenda Russell » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:08 am

Hi, I am a Reiki master myself and can honestly say that I have never experienced any negative influences from a reiki treatment.  Yes, often times a patient does detox, and that can feel pretty uncomfortable at the time, but to me it is a wonderful confirmation that energies are shifting and that the treatment is having a result!
How can helping someone heal themselves be negative energy??   The more severe one detoxes, the more severe were their problems in the first place.  Once the patients energies have aligned themselves to their natural healthy state, a wonderful feeling of well being begins to transform the body into a healthy, happy state of mind.

Bare with it!!  It is certainly worth the effort in the long run!

Light and love

Brenda

pannar

Post by pannar » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:40 pm

Reiki is such a powerful healing process which i am getting cured from my brother who has learnt Reiki. sincere thankful to our God Dr. Mikao Usui!
But patient has to give the spritually co-operating with Practitioner. Even the big injury can be cured and/or pain would be decreased in few seconds. Real Reiki Masters would be knowing hpw powerful the Reiki treatment is!!
I am disappointed with the people who is opposing this peaceful process :-(

Thanks

sameerdurrani

Post by sameerdurrani » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:48 pm

i just want to add this one thing that i learnt about Reiki. My Guru instructs to take off all the metallic things from a person when you are giving reiki to him/her.  Once i came across a patient who had a metallic rod inserted in his leg becuase he had some accident and he was operated to have that metallic rod to keep his leg intact.

My Guru told me that Reiki should better not be applied directly to such a case. He told me to give reiki to any oil massaging bottle instead and then ask the patient to use that oil to massage his leg. I never did that but i thought i worth sharing on this forum.

-Sameer

britishfish

Hello

Post by britishfish » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:28 am

Hello, I am a reiki Master and I just wanted to tell everyone that I do not think that reiki has any bad effects on people. I personally agree with starry skies on her telling us about how attunement can be hard but helpful over all. If one sees bad results in reiki, can one honestly be sure that they are using reiki and not something else. Reiki is kind of a undescribable feeling of utter greatness. I think that the website is miss guiding and needs to be carefully judged.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:43 pm

I have been watching this thread evolve, not wanting to add my experiences, but, I am afraid I have seen reiki treatments cause problems, discomfort and pain. You can overdo it. But, I have only seen these effects with people that strictly follow the symbols and hand positions and charts and set times and that really imho shouldn't be reiki masters or practitioners at all because they have no idea what they are channelling or how much. In theory anyone can be attuned and become a reiki master (practically overnight too) but very few actually are and some do more damage than good.

I also think that many of the 'side effects' and  21 day clearing following attunements are actually caused by nothing more than stress, disappointment, depression or illness and food poisoning, and have nothing to do with the reiki at all.

I wonder what made you post this question?

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:38 pm

My side effects were definitely the reiki. I craved 5 litres of water a day! :) I found the thread interesting as I had never thought about reiki being anything less than good for everyone. Food for thought.

britishfish

Post by britishfish » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:45 pm

Gem is right about the inexperienced reiki masters, I never use the hand positions or symbols, because I use my natural strenghs and abilities to aid in that.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:00 pm

5 litres is rather a lot lol, I think I would find it hard to drink that much :)

tiger_tiger

Post by tiger_tiger » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:30 am

Gem,

Thanks for sharing your experience eventually.
My question was just for brainstorming.

I was very shocked when I first read that article and wondered if anybody had some experience. The author of that article is actually suggesting "pranic healing" instead of reiki.
Plus that is the only article written bad about reiki. Myself also got into reiki recently and sometimes enjoying the benefits of it.
Have you heard of crystalline Reiki? You get attunements and use some crystal properties etherically.

Blessings
T_T

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:43 am

Gem wrote:5 litres is rather a lot lol, I think I would find it hard to drink that much :)
Normally I can't manage much more than a litre a day but I was warned that after my attunement I would be "slightly more thirsty" - I never expected that though! LOL - it was so weird.

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:25 pm

T_T  There are many case notes and studies that do show the negative affects that can come from reiki, but many are not accessible unless you are a reiki practitioner and have joined the associations or bodies that did the study. There was very thorough study done last year to research if reiki should actually be given as a complimentary therapy within the health system,  and it was decided against it.

I am a fully trained Crystal Keeper, so I use crystals etherically and have also been through the attunements you speak of, Crystal Reiki, Crystalline Reiki, Ethereal Crystals and many more. What worres me about the distant attunements to the crystals in the Ethereal Crystals and Crystal Reiki is that they give very litle training on their uses and properties and so people just assume, mistakenly, that they know how to use crystals, and so can cause many more problems. A little knowledge isn't always good. Many crystals can produce unwanted effects the same way reiki can and any other therapy or medicine.

Return to “Reiki”