Reiki Items...r they true

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Reiki Items...r they true

Post by swetha » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:25 pm

Just read somewhere today that u can get reiki items like crystals, beads, chakra boxes etc, that can heal u ? do they really work?
swetha

diosa

Post by diosa » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:02 pm

swetha,

any inantimate object can be charged with Reiki.

Do they heal? I can't say they do, I can't say they don't.

Reiki was originally intended to be a spiritual practice not a healing one. My feeling is that all the focus and attention to the healing aspects distract from the real purpose of Reiki. At some point in any serious spiritual practice one will aquire the ability to heal. If the focus remains on the healing then one can progress no furthur, they become 'stuck'. (this is not my opinion but the opinion of truly enlightened masters)

I just wish more people would focus more on the legitimate (rather than the pseudo spiritual new age) spiritual side of Reiki and stop making it a comercial 'healing' enterprise.

Now there is likely a can of worms but that is how I feel about it.

Grano

Post by Grano » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:33 pm

diosa wrote: Reiki was originally intended to be a spiritual practice not a healing one.
Please, Diosa, tell more about that!

diosa

Post by diosa » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:23 am

Matthias,

Have a look at this page for an important part of the practice.

http://www.geocities.com/fascin8or/d_hatsurei_ho.html

You could also cruise the site for lots more information.

I can't find the quote right now but Mikao Usui basically called this a system of personal healing bringing the body and spirit into balance. The focus was originally more on the individual both spirit and body.

BTW- I love your 'kitty'

diosa

Post by diosa » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:27 am

PS

In re-reading my original statement I find I should have said 'primarily a spiritual practice where the healing aspects were secondary'

Hope that helps clear it up a bit.

Grano

Post by Grano » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:58 am

Hello Diosa!

You shed much light on this topic for me, Diosa. Now I grasp better. I wondered how people manage to keep going with reiki as you have to use it in order to improve it. I thought that was the reason why so many "reiki groups" etc exist; for them to practise their reiki. Seems I did not have a clue until now, though some people already advised me to undergo self-healings everyday. Now that you mentioned that reiki was not intentionally meant as a "healing practise" it is much clearer to me and I understand my strange feelings that were associated with it yet; as you have stated: All these new-age group focussing on the healing aspect only.

Indeed, as I write these lines, I realize that it is truly a GREAT gift that I have received. For it is a very powerful one.

Best wishes,

Matthias

aelis2004

Re: Reiki Items...r they true

Post by aelis2004 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:11 pm

swetha wrote:Just read somewhere today that u can get reiki items like crystals, beads, chakra boxes etc, that can heal u ? do they really work?
swetha
Well, you had wonderful answers here. I was going to say that crystals, beads, chakra boxes are not inherently reiki objects. Crystals are not used with reiki, but they may be used as accessories in hands on healing to remove auric mucus, for example. Beads can help you to meditate, or for prayer, but are not in themselves "healing". Furthermore, in reiki chakras are usually not spoken about though some of the hands positions correspond to chakra positions.
Healing is one more way to feel closer to God, it is spiritual, as diosa says. :)

Grano

Post by Grano » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:41 pm

I use crystals to amplify energy (not necessarily only reiki energy). On many occassions I had a citrin crystal in my pocket which got very hot sometimes, transfering energy to somebody in my vicinity. At least this is how it felt to me. Sometimes I think that reiki and any other energy has a life of its own (which it has). As many experienced reiki practitioners and healers have mentioned: One is merely the medium, the transmitter. The real work is done by someone much more powerful. Nevertheless it is a truly wonderful experience of being a channel to such divine powers.

I think crystals can be very easily charged with reiki. Just hold a crystal that appeals to you in your hand and summon the reiki energy. Hold the crystal in your hand with the intent to charge it with the energy you desire. This will suffice most of the time. The crystal may then give away its charge on his own or in accordance with your intent and will.

I have experienced that when holding a crystal stone in my hand when giving reiki to somebody the process is "amplyfied". It felt easier for me to summon and focus my intent to transmit healing energy and let it flow.

just my 2 cents

zannierose

Post by zannierose » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:56 am

I often have clients come for sessions with me for eg core belief transformation,who have been attuned to reiki, they seem v surprised at shifts they have experienced since attunemnents.

When people come to me to be attuned, they are usually motivated by the healing angle of it, and if that is what gets them to explore further, then wonderful
I do introduce them to the concept that reiki is also one of the paths to enlightenment

zannie rose

tomas

Post by tomas » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:42 pm

I've seen items offered for sale that are advertised as 'healing' artifacts, but without active energy aren't going to do much more than look pretty. The healing intent has to be there. They may be charged, but they not be charged either. I personally wouldn't spend hard earned cash on such things but at the same time, I often charge crystals and amulets for friends and family.

Objects can be 'charged' with Reiki, carried in your pocket or on a chain, put in your pillow, sent to others who have a need and so on. I regularly write the names of people who've asked for Reiki on pieces of paper, which then go into a small sandlewood box I keep on my desk. Every day, sometimes more than once a day, I send Reiki to all the folks whose names are in that box. It's a great way to make sure I don't forget someone who's asked for Reiki for their Higher Purpose. The M/T that taught me that calls it a Reiki Box, and it's just that.

The use of crystal grids is quite common in Reiki, and the Master/Teacher I'm studying with uses them often. She charges the crystals first, then places them in specific pattern during the treatment.

tomas

stephanie

Post by stephanie » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:24 am

:smt017
Reiki is *absolutely* about healing! How could you say it's not!!!

Healing is by its very natural a spiritual process anyway!!!

It boggles my mind how people begrudge other healers their business. Yes, you can purchase Reiki-charged items and they will help lift up your energy. Sometimes it is better to use items from another person (adding to your intention) than just performing healing on yourself.

If you feel so guided to purchase a Reiki-charged item from a Reiki practitioner then by all means do so! Many Reiki practitioners are struggling and could use some share of abundance for the light they bring into the world!

Many of these items are available on eBay for highly reasonable prices - half the stuff I've seen is below $10, and sometimes that *includes* the shipping! That's an awfully great bargain for an item of healing value. I am sure most of the Reiki practitioners there are sincere and actually *do* charge their items. You can see from their feedback scores that most of them have excellent ratings.

Barbara

reiki items r they true

Post by Barbara » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:00 pm

I have bought crystals to help with meditation and helaing. I clear the items when I get them and put my own reiki energy into them.

Look at this sight for your questions. www.reiki.nu/history/usui/usui/html

This tells the story about Dr. Milao Usui the man who originated what we now call reiki.

Barbara

diosa

Post by diosa » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:42 pm

stephanie wrote::smt017
Reiki is *absolutely* about healing! How could you say it's not!!!

Healing is by its very natural a spiritual process anyway!!!

It boggles my mind how people begrudge other healers their business. Yes, you can purchase Reiki-charged items and they will help lift up your energy. Sometimes it is better to use items from another person (adding to your intention) than just performing healing on yourself.

If you feel so guided to purchase a Reiki-charged item from a Reiki practitioner then by all means do so! Many Reiki practitioners are struggling and could use some share of abundance for the light they bring into the world!

Many of these items are available on eBay for highly reasonable prices - half the stuff I've seen is below $10, and sometimes that *includes* the shipping! That's an awfully great bargain for an item of healing value. I am sure most of the Reiki practitioners there are sincere and actually *do* charge their items. You can see from their feedback scores that most of them have excellent ratings.

I don't think anyone said that Reiki wasn't about healing just that the healing aspect was secondary to the spiritual one.

There are many disciplines that consider healing to be a 'stop' on the path to enlightenment. If we get to involved in the 'stop' then we get off the train and remain. Helping others heal is great and is not to be looked down upon but if that is all we see in Reiki then that is all it will be.

There are few people who actually make a living from their Reiki practice and I don't believe that it was ever intended to be a 'business' in the literal sense of the word.

diosa

Return to “Reiki”