Talk with a Reiki Grand Master

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

pranay

Talk with a Reiki Grand Master

Post by pranay » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:09 pm

This is your oppurtunity to talk with a reiki grand master!!!!!

Though i am not sure wether you will actually be able to talk with him as i yet have to take his permission before i can give you his contact information

Anyways....... his name is Mr. Deepak Sampat and he was formerly my tutor

So just keep your fingers crossed for me getting his permission!!!!!!!!

bigfatlady888

Post by bigfatlady888 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:11 pm

Any updates?

jyotimirpuri

reiki is a magical healling method

Post by jyotimirpuri » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:52 am

i am a reiki master and i use reiki meditation on self everyday for the last 10 years and i think it is amazing . reiki spirit protects and guides  us all the time

diosa

Post by diosa » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:18 pm

There is no such thing as a 'Grand Master' unless it is a self proclaimed title.

Sorry, even Phyllis Furomoto gave herself the title and Ms Takata was only a 'master'. Usui himself did not claim any 'Grand' title.

diosa

Saia

Yeah!!!

Post by Saia » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:40 am

:smt004 Well, please call me Shea...
Im a 30ish valley resident, who has been on the healing path for a long time. I have have significant experiences with kundalini and healing. I just recieved a MASSIVE healing on the vernal equinox, with I am still dealing with the effects of. I am interested in learning... please use my contact information to keep me posted!!!!!!!!!!
love & light ...

jal

Post by jal » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:54 pm

Why is it so expensive to learn Reiki?  One would imagine that something as good and powerful and necessary for the world today, would be given free to people who would then use it to heal mankind from the ills of today's societies.

MoonGoddess

I was asking that same question

Post by MoonGoddess » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:47 am

I was only atuned to the first level and could not go any further as I didn't have the money to get there.  I was discussing this in one of the other posts, and some one told me that it could be to deter the ones that do not take it seriously.  If you really wanted to go further with Reiki you would find the money.  I guess I didn't want to go any further, I was pretty young back then and was pretty skint when it came to extra cash.  It is not that I will never go any further, I just have to wait for the right time.  If not in this life the next.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:24 am

There are websites where you input your details and they "attune" you. You get an email to say you have been attuned. I have my doubts about them!

I paid 120 euros (about 150 USD) for my Reiki I and did not do more because that is a lot of money to me and I have other commitments (food, rent etc) to sort out first!

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:45 am

There are many good sites that do attune properly and they do not charge at all.  Its easy to say that if something doesn't cost anything then its no good or worthless or must be fake etc, but there are some good samaritans out there that just don't believe in charging for something that imho everyone should have and use.

The age old argument of charging isn't the issue here, but there are many sites that are good and many maverick reiki masters like me that teach and attune for free :)

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:34 pm

I suppose it is sorting the wheat from the chaff, Gem. I attempted to get a level II attunement from a website and they sent me SO much spam (and not just about reiki!) over the following few days I had to block them from emailing any more!!

If you have an attunement done in person, at least you can meet the reiki master, which can be nice. It is harder to tell which websites are genuine and which just want to sell you things :)

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:38 pm

Arrgh that dreaded spam again :(

Attunements in person can be wonderful, I love them. And sharing the whole experience with like minded people can be a fantastic boost to ones faith that we aren't mad lol. Swings and roundabouts.

Sorry you had a bad experience. xxx

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:06 pm

Well my Reiki I was an incredible experience and I love using Reiki so I am happy :)

I feel ready to do my Reiki II so I shall see what happens... :)

diosa

Post by diosa » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:49 pm

jal wrote:Why is it so expensive to learn Reiki?  One would imagine that something as good and powerful and necessary for the world today, would be given free to people who would then use it to heal mankind from the ills of today's societies.

In most cases learning Reiki isn't all that expensive. Cost is, I understand, a relative thing. What seems like a bargain to one person is more than another can afford.

We do find the money somehow for the things that are important to us. Saving for something may take awhile but can be done and will make the attainment of a goal more significant.

Teaching or practicing Reiki is not something that is without its costs either. A teacher gives up time, more than you realize, for the classes. (they had to learn as well and many also produce their own teaching materials all of which takes time and money) There are other out of pocket expenses as well. Gas, which as we all know isn't getting any cheaper. Possibly child care or other similar expenses, how many are taking care of an elderly parent and must find someone to replace them for the hours required. They've purchased things like massage tables and related accessories (blankets, pillows, candles, incense, music, etc). The time each student requires after the class (in the form of support and questions etc). The list isn't endless but can be extensive. So now my question is why would someone expect to get all of this for nothing?

I suppose in a perfect world Reiki would be free, but then in a perfect world it wouldn't be needed either.  :)

There are legitimate places where a person can receive an attunement without cost but an attunement is only a small part of the process. My advise to anyone looking for a free attunement is to do your reasearch, even more so than if you were looking for a in person class. Know the person doing the attunement well. I don't mean someone you met online yesterday but someone you've known online for some time and have built a relationship with so that you know they are authentic and what you will actually be getting when you do receive an attunement. In many cases you do get exactly what you pay, or don't pay for.

This board especially should know how dangerous it can be to accept energy like this from someone you have no knowledge of or understanding of what they might actually be sending. All of this is likely to take more time than the average 'why can't I have it for nothing?' type is willing to spend. (there is that word again, spend, time does have an intrinsic value of it's own)

walk in beauty
diosa

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:57 pm

diosa wrote:

This board especially should know how dangerous it can be to accept energy like this from someone you have no knowledge of or understanding of what they might actually be sending.

diosa
Why this board especially?

diosa

Post by diosa » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:25 pm

Gem wrote:
diosa wrote:

This board especially should know how dangerous it can be to accept energy like this from someone you have no knowledge of or understanding of what they might actually be sending.

diosa
Why this board especially?
Gem,

Because it is not exclusive to Reiki but includes disciplines that have their own understanding of energy and its uses.

Harm can mean many things and some things that one person defines as harm may not be things that another does.

I don't believe that Reiki, or any other energy, can not cause harm. I don't believe that Reiki has a mind of its own as many practitioners believe. My belief is that mindfulness and intention are the driving forces. An attunement with less that mindful intent can include other energies that are not so beneficial. On the other hand there are many people out there who are less than honorable and the possibility that some are sending 'attunements' for their own purposes is not unlikely.

walk in beauty
diosa

Return to “Reiki”