self healing

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

jasontheman07

self healing

Post by jasontheman07 » Wed May 02, 2007 4:02 am

is it possible to heal yourself just by meditating on it or like telling yourself to healitself? i do it sometimes with a headache i just concentrate on my headache being healed and it goes away. anyone know what im talkin about?

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Wed May 02, 2007 10:02 am

Oh yes it is possible to help yourself heal this way.  There is a wonderful book out called the journey by Brandond Bays and this goes through her life in a few months she had a tumour the size of a cantalope and she was able to reduce it through the power of thought and meditation...also with diet etc.  Its a thought provoking book thats for sure.
Many people also use this kind of thought transference to help their circulation, to stop pain in childbirth it truly is amazing what the mind can do.

Is there anything else you have tried this thought thearpy with?

Gem

Re: self healing

Post by Gem » Wed May 02, 2007 11:23 am

jasontheman07 wrote:is it possible to heal yourself just by meditating on it or like telling yourself to healitself? i do it sometimes with a headache i just concentrate on my headache being healed and it goes away. anyone know what im talkin about?
Hi Jason,

Welcome to Mystic Board today :)

You might be interested in looking at A young healer's website, his name is Adam and the site is www.dreamhealer.com  Adam explains in wonderful detail how he manages to heal using quantum holography.

There are many ways of healing oneself, from regrowing skin to re-aligning our energy meridians. It is important though that you learn how to take in energy to counter balance the energy you are using to heal.  The power of positive thought and NLP aswell as therapies like Qi Gong and Reiki.

Have an investigate and see what you think.

Darkfire

Post by Darkfire » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:26 am

I was taught to use Reiki and all energy healing everyday on myself, the healer must heal thyself first to be the best healer for others. Also, in doing Reiki for others you are healing yourself.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:41 am

Hi Darkfire, Weclome to Mystic Board,

It has been a pleasure to read your posts today :)

Funny how many 'healer's suffer and are in need of healing themselves? Perhaps it is easier to know the suffering of others if one has suffered oneself?

Darkfire

Post by Darkfire » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:10 pm

Gem wrote:Hi Darkfire, Weclome to Mystic Board,

Funny how many 'healer's suffer and are in need of healing themselves? Perhaps it is easier to know the suffering of others if one has suffered oneself?
Thank you Gem.

I am really not sure entirely why it is this way. I have grappled with this for a very long time. Why is the healer so often so broken. Some say it is the sacrifice for learning healing. I am not sure I buy that. Some say it makes them better healers, maybe. I am just not entirely sure as I said.

AutumnSprite

Post by AutumnSprite » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:22 am

Darkfire wrote:
Gem wrote:Hi Darkfire, Weclome to Mystic Board,

Thank you Gem.

I am really not sure entirely why it is this way. I have grappled with this for a very long time. Why is the healer so often so broken. Some say it is the sacrifice for learning healing. I am not sure I buy that. Some say it makes them better healers, maybe. I am just not entirely sure as I said.
I was thinking of this today. I currently find it easier with others, though I have had moments of being able to think myself through a painful situation.

What I was thinking (got off track) as well, was does going through painful experiences open up our compassion for others, make us more atuned to needs?

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:13 am

For me, personally, I think that I have always been more open and attuned to the needs of others, maybe that is due to previous lives of suffering, or or perhaps it is just my personality? With some areas of helping others it definately is easier to be compassionate and empathic if you have been through the same or a similar situation.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:45 pm

Gem wrote:For me, personally, I think that I have always been more open and attuned to the needs of others, maybe that is due to previous lives of suffering, or or perhaps it is just my personality? With some areas of helping others it definately is easier to be compassionate and empathic if you have been through the same or a similar situation.
Maybe it's because you actually care. A lot of people can say they care but in reality are just trying to show a good face. You can find great deal of understanding in yourself, while looking into the pain and suffering of others.

AutumnSprite

Post by AutumnSprite » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:26 am

sidewalk_bends wrote:...You can find great deal of understanding in yourself, while looking into the pain and suffering of others.
This stuck out at me- looking 'into' rather than just 'at' others' suffering. Big distinction :)

Also, I am sure it is true, that while our own sufferings can lead to compassion/empathy with others.  A real true look into others' sufferings can help us see ourselves better.

Return to “Reiki”