Is it true?

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Deborah

Is it true?

Post by Deborah » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:17 am

Do reiki healers think they are equil to god? I was once told they are equal to or same as...Just a question....

tomas

Reiki practioners = to God?

Post by tomas » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:00 pm

I'd say that perhaps a few might think so, but those folks are legends in their own minds.

As James Deacon so well described it, "Reiki is a blessing, an instantaneously conferred 'Sacred Potential' - for healing, protection and spiritual development."

It may seem to folks who have no actual knowledge of Reiki that the benefits derived from treatment could only be available through a 'g_d', but after a small bit of study, it'a apparent that the energy is available to all who are attuned. I've never met a Reiki practioner who was anywhere near being godlike. We're normal, everyday people who've been introduced to and embraced a form of energy work, or as some call it, Light Work, that enables us to use that energy for someone's/something's Highest Good.

This short poem, written by Birrel Walsh of GrassRootsReiki kind of sums up how lots of us feel. It resonated with me right away. LOL I'm probably as far from godlike as a person can be.

Me...
Prone to depressions
about real transgressions
the grey beard man
stands as best he can

And begs the sun
to take what he has done
when he has sinned

and begs the wind
to make him free
to pass energy,

then gives it all
to the waterfall
and turns again,

joins other men
judges what goes by
with a kinder eye

and - the best of it -
wryly laughs a bit.

My .02 worth,

tomas

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:11 pm

well said Tomas.

:)

Nadejda

Post by Nadejda » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:39 pm

I think that Reiki people who said that they equal to God have problem with ego- but the good news is that they will be healed if they will work with Reiki for a while.
I am a scientist - so i prefere to see in Reiki the real physical energy without any god or mystic relation. it is easy and it can prevent people from equalGod thinking :)

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:55 pm

Nadejda wrote:I think that Reiki people who said that they equal to God have problem with ego- but the good news is that they will be healed if they will work with Reiki for a while.
i dont know but i persosnally feel anyone who even remotely starts feeling like God or Godlike... that person if he/she doesnt start making corrections immediately will ruin things for themelves and others and most such people from my experience cannot "really" be cured or healed.

Abhishek

Raven

Post by Raven » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:46 am

I think the energy is available to all, attuned or not from my experience. It is the person themselves and how they treat others and themselves. Some have capabilities to heal even without Reiki attunements.

Raven

Corum

Post by Corum » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:48 pm

Hiyas ,
Wow godlike , lol not heard that before. I agree with all the other posts on this . If unfortunatly someone somewhere does feel this godlike egotism then the good news is that reiki only works for the good so hopefully this person/s will soon be helped on ther path to realsie that we are not the healers only a channel for the energy that is available to all to for our highest good and all we share our universe with . I aslo agree with Raven that this loving energy is available for us all , ot just reiki peeps . Children are great natural channelers and so are others who have not built up /been conditioned into putting blocks up . I feel an important part of the attunement is to clear those blockages we have built up over time which impair the flow of reiki through us. oops sorry gone on a little there . thanks for sharing and listening
Love and Light All
Corum
Be the light that you are

nightowl

Post by nightowl » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:23 pm

Raven wrote:I think the energy is available to all, attuned or not from my experience. It is the person themselves and how they treat others and themselves. Some have capabilities to heal even without Reiki attunements.

Raven
You are so right I was able to do healing work before reiki so did many of my family that gife been in are family for a very long time . reiki does add to gifts your already have so it not a wast of time if your already gifted it can help out a lot.

Reiki Master Dave

nightowl

Re: Is it true?

Post by nightowl » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:32 pm

Deborah wrote:Do reiki healers think they are equil to god? I was once told they are equal to or same as...Just a question....

No. most under stand that we are nothing more then a cannel for god or what ever name you want to add there. to do his work. there are no great healer just very gifted ones !

nightowl

Post by nightowl » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:34 pm

Deborah wrote:Do reiki healers think they are equil to god? I was once told they are equal to or same as...Just a question....

No. most under stand that we are nothing more then a cannel for god or what ever name you want to add there. to do his work. there are no great healer just very gifted ones !

AngelaLadyS

Post by AngelaLadyS » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:38 am

I am a Reiki Master, and ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!
There is 1 God and I give thanks to him that I am able to help others with this energy. The energy (Reiki energy) is not even from me, I am only a tool to help channel it to the person in need.

Anyone who's ego stand in their way will not be as grand a healer as they could be. Actualy, to call oneself a healer is a bit egotistical in itself. I just like to say that I am use as a tool, nothing more.

AlmaBella44

Reiki

Post by AlmaBella44 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:00 am

I'm a Reiki 2 Practitioner and to my understanding the healer is more of a vessel for the Universe. Meaning, the Reiki energy comes through us to heal the client but we are not God. That's what I've learned from my Reiki Master and from the books on Reiki.

Return to “Reiki”