Jesus, reincarnation and Reiki

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

aelis2004

Jesus, reincarnation and Reiki

Post by aelis2004 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:17 pm

From Diane Stein's "Essentail Reiki"
Tibetan Buddhism also involves the concept of Tulkas, the reincarnation with retained previous-life memory of certain high level adepts. Today's Dalai Lama is an example of a Tulka. Some time after the death of a Dalai Lama, the monks od the order begin to seek his reincarnation, whom they identify by numerous signs and tests. The new Lama, still a young child, is then taken to the monastery for training to resume the role he left in his past lifetime. This is an important connection between mystical Buddhism and Jesus, and I will describe it further.

... Jesus was a reincarnated Bohdisattva (...) - a Tulka. His birth was awaited by the members of a Buddhist order, and the "Three Wise Men" followed the unusual astrological conjunction of 5 BCE to find him. Buddhism had spread throughout the East by that time, and there were Buddhist centres in most Middle Eastern countries. The child would have been two years of age at the time and in danger from Herod who had received prophecies of an Essene leader newborn who would challenge Roman rule. An Essene Buddhist-type monastery existed ar Qumran near the caves that later housed the Dead Sea Scrolls. As a mystical order and possibly even a Buddhist order, the Essenes were aware of these prophecies. Essene teachings included concepts of reincarnation and Karma, the immortality of the soul, compassionate peacefulness and simple living. Recognizing the Tulka they sought in the child Jesus, or perhaps summoned by the Essenes who recognized him, the "Wise Men" took the boy and his family East with them. The child was raised and trained first in Egypt and then in India. With access to Buddhist Mahayana and Vajrayana training, he returned to Jerusalem as an adult, a Buddhist adept, and a Reiki healer. He was also a Bohdisattva. Holger Kersten goes on to trace the remainder of Jesus' life, providing logical argument for his survival of the Crucufixion. There are numerous menions of him as Issa or Yuz Asaf in the Buddhist Sutras and as Ibn Yusf in Islamic writings. Most sources describe his past or note the crucifixion scars, making the identification unmistakeable. Jesus survived and lived a very long and well-respected life as a holy man in India. The graves of mary, Mary Magdalene and Yuz Asaf (Jesus) are known and considered places of worship in Mari, pakistan (Mary), Kashgar, India (Mary Magdalene) and Srinsgar, India (Jesus). The sites are clearly labeled. Kersten cites twenty-one documents that describe Jesus' residence in Kashmir, India, after the crucifixion plus numerous indicative place-names.

Much of this scholarly information has been suppressed by the Christian church, which reflects more the teachings of Paul than the Buddhist-influenced Jesus. The historical Jesus is a fascinating figure, and his presence in the Reiki story is vindicated. If he also trained others in the healing method - and the New Testament states that at least he trained his disciples- then Reiki reached a larger proportion of the ancient world outside of India than may have been previously known. It was probably lost from Christian doctrine through the intervention of Paul, who seems to have reinterpreted Christ's teachings. By the Fifth century, the crucial concepts of rebirth and karma were dropped from Curch canon, and Jesus' healing method - which could have helped so many- was also lost to the developing West. The healing remained active only with the Buddhist adepts, who used it but did not publicize its existence.
Love and Light, :smt008 :smt060
:::Aelis:::

Usui Reiki and Seichim master

tomas

Post by tomas » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:27 pm

Ms. Stein says more than her prayers, no doubt about it. She's entitled to her opinion just like anyone, but remember, it's just that, an opinion, nothing else. She is by no means a biblical scholar, nor even a titled doctor of theology. I've read a lot of Diane Stein's writings and tend to disagree with the bulk of them. She makes lots of very 'interesting' statements but doesn't quote where and how she found them except in very vague terms. When someone makes statements like that and won't back 'em up, how is one to know if they're right or just sound good at that point in time? If you'd like a little different view of the similarities and differences between Jesus, the Dalai Lama and Buddhism, PM me for links and book titles. I back up what I write with where the info comes from.

Just my take on Ms. Stein and this particular subject, of course.

tomas

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:26 pm

This theory she explains is taken from the book called "Jesus lived in India" by the German writer Holger Kersten (published 1991). :)
Love and Light, :smt008 :smt060
:::Aelis:::

Usui Reiki and Seichim master

CopperyClover

Post by CopperyClover » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:39 pm

Yes, I have recently read the same book by Diane Stein. Indeed, not so long ago there was a documentary programme on TV (in England) entitled "Jesus Lived in India" which was indeed fascinating and must have been based on the book by Holger Kersten.

I don't usually watch TV but I just happened to pick up on this because my father originated from Northern Pakistan and when I was young he would tell me that Jesus did live in India and his name was Issa Messia. Also he told me that Jesus was not a Jew but an Arab. These are beliefs that come right out of the East - from where the great religions began and are simply part of their culture. No surprise to them!

Regards
CC

Return to “Reiki”