Reiki, Scanning, Chakras and Cords

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

flight _of_angelwings

Reiki, Scanning, Chakras and Cords

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:08 am

I was just writing a post and spoke about scanning.  Its made me wonder what others feel when they scan the body of someone receiving reiki.

Now most know that you scan the body using the less dominant hand to feel for any spots that may need a bit of extra attention for the energy to go.  This is identified by the practitioner when the hand has a pulling sensation and a pushing sensation.  Or really any sign the practitioner is used to receiving.

It was during my studying this that I 'Saw' cords.  In real life too, visually see them protruding from the back or front. They were all silver and loopped.  Like an umbilical cord but straight and thicker also, they would enter into an area of a chakra.  I was then able to identify why it was there whether it was due to another person or the client holding on to the past.  For whatever reason.  I have only offered reiki for these cords also I have not yet tried cutting and healing the cords and would love to hear from others that have and their technique.  Generally In the past i have let the client know what I found and find they subconsciously work on it themselves.   Besides seeing and feeling them I am also able to pick up health issues within the physical body which I'm assuming is being obtained from the aura rather than the chakras due to how I'm receiving it.  I also then check out the chakras and can see and feel them spinning, I have been able to speed up a closed motionless and can get them back into normal alignment and speed.  What are others experiences with this?.  Do you do it also during Reiki or is it best done seperately or another way?

Any thoughts and past experiences I would love to hear/read should you wish to share them!!!

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Sat May 19, 2007 4:54 pm

I can pinpoint where someone has pain by scanning their body a couple of inches above them. I get an icy cold feeling above painful spots and this works nearly all the time.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat May 19, 2007 5:01 pm

Everyone feels things differently, heat or cold, push or pull, buzz or tingle, some see some hear and some feel. I wonder if your painful spots are always cold Starry or if they were painful from a different cause the sensation would change? Sometimes referred pain can be cold and positional pain felt as hot. Reaching into the etheric auric layer can usually help with sorting out the reason. Have you ever felt hot pain spots?

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Sat May 19, 2007 10:43 pm

In other people, no, it is always a chill. I was talking to someone at a BBQ last week who I don't know well and trying to explain this. She challenged me to identify the one place on her body that hurt her. Obviously I couldn't do a proper scan there and then so I just put my finger instinctively in the small of her back and she said it was exactly right. When I am doing reiki or massage, I "sweep away" accumulated energy by making a swishing motion outwards with my hands. Also sometimes I "fluff up" the aura and people say it tickles even though it is a couple inches above their skin! I know I have a lot to learn but... learning and experiencing is rewarding... and fun too :-)

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun May 20, 2007 2:44 pm

Hee hee BBQ challenges lol, don't you just love them?   It is very interesting that you feel chills, one lady that I know also felt chills, we both would examine the same patient and she would declare cold and I would say hot lol. We were both right but we tried to figure out why she would feel the opposite to me, and came to the conclusion that I am a hot person, love heat, sun and hate cold and wind, she hates the sun and can't bear being too hot lol. We both feel different, when she gives reiki her hands grow cold and take heat away, with me I take the heat away into my hands and they get hot, lol go figure!

Are you a hot sunny person I wonder?

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Sun May 20, 2007 10:10 pm

Funny you should ask! I am English but always hated cold, grey weather and so I moved to Gran Canaria, which is subtropical, and I love all the sunny days. I dislike cold so maybe that is why "cold" equates to a "warning" to me with other people's ailments.

Saying that, put on the spot at the BBQ, I just used intuition and my finger went straight to her lower back without really knowing why. She just said "tell me which spot hurts". I need to investigate this further.

Return to “Reiki”